Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Sanchez in line for AFC PRO BOWL

All League

Mark Sanchez in line for AFC PRO BOWL

So with Manning and Schaub out of the picture. Your AFC QB's look like:

1) Brady
    2) Big Ben
    3) ???

Rivers is having an awful year. Palmer probably won't get enough work done. Dalton? Flacco? SANCHEZ??? Sanchez actually has better metrics across the board over Flacco. Dalton still has the tougher games on the schedule left.

In all likelihood, it'll end up being someone like Fitzpatrick, or maybe even Tebow. But as we stand today after 11 weeks...Sanchez seems like a possibility for this (admittedly dubious) honor.

Watch Brady be in the Superbowl...Big Ben declining his invitation on account of needing some sort of foot surgery....[I]Ladies and Gentlemen....your starting QB of the AFC...MARK SANCHEZ!!![/I]

It'll be Tebow simply because ...well... yeah.

All League
    Tebow will get the votes from fans and players over Sanchez + he beat us.

Sanchez is TERRIBLE and will NOT be in a pro-bowl...

even this dubious honor - he's not worthy.

I think you might see Dalton or Flaco - at least Flaco's team is going to the playoffs.

Sanchez will never go to the pro bowl.

[QUOTE=david1023;4255654]Sanchez will never go to the pro bowl.[/QUOTE]

Can help but to laugh a Jet fans...

OK all you moan and groaners that add such a nice feel to this board ;), if Sanchez gets hot and finished the next 5 games really well he will pass all of those players on his way to another playoff birth. I wouldn't be shocked if it happens, since he always plays his best when the pressure is on and the stakes are at their highest...which is starting now!

All League
    Brady never plays in the Pro Bowl anyways and it'll be as awesome as David Gerrard, Pro Bowl Quarterback.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=fidelioion;4255653]Sanchez is TERRIBLE and will NOT be in a pro-bowl...

even this dubious honor - he's not worthy.

I think you might see Dalton or Flaco - at least Flaco's team is going to the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

both are worthy!

Although undeserving, I could see Flacco getting it because of the strength of his team and a very strong record.

Dalton seems to have a lot of positive vibes going too, the fact that he so exceeded rookie expectations would probably boost him over Sanchez.

By the numbers, maybe Sanchez deserves it given the lack of competition from other QBs in the AFC, although you'd be hard pressed to find even his biggest supporters who think he's been Pro Bowl caliber this season.

If Tebow makes it, it is just a joke

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Greensleeves;4255665]OK all you moan and groaners that add such a nice feel to this board ;), if Sanchez gets hot and finished the next 5 games really well he will pass all of those players on his way to another playoff birth. I wouldn't be shocked if it happens, since he always plays his best when the pressure is on and the stakes are at their highest...which is starting now![/QUOTE]

are you a betting man? if so PM me and we will arrange something. I hope he does get hot and we win the SUPER BOWL. Everything else means little including his hero worshipers with green glasses on.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=david1023;4255654]Sanchez will never go to the pro bowl.[/QUOTE]

He has had bad season so far. BUT lets not write off the future just yet. A new OC and QB coach just might make a big difference. The guy is talented.

[QUOTE=brex;4255657]Can help but to laugh a Jet fans...[/QUOTE]

They aren't jet fans. They are miserable souls that can't even enjoy following their sports team.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4255677]are you a betting man? if so PM me and we will arrange something. I hope he does get hot and we win the SUPER BOWL. Everything else means little including his hero worshipers with green glasses on.[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure you would have said the same thing the last two years... and been wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Sanchez has a slightly better chance than I do to be elected to the Pro Bowl. It is very close.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4255689]Pretty sure you would have said the same thing the last two years... and been wrong.[/QUOTE]

Winning a SUPER BOWL is all I care about. Mark's wild eyed supporters only seem to worry that people diss him when he plays poorly. The TEAM is what is important. i do not care which QB or OC gets us to the SB and wins it! Are you a betting man ?

All League
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4255698]Sanchez has a slightly better chance than I do to be elected to the Pro Bowl. It is very close.[/QUOTE]

Laugh all you want, but if Sanchez winds up throwing 30 TDs and leading his team to a playoff birth...you can guarantee he'll at least be an alternate.

[QUOTE=DDNYjets;4255698]Sanchez has a slightly better chance than I do to be elected to the Pro Bowl. It is very close.[/QUOTE]

The key word is ELECTED. Right now it is Brady and Big Ben and no one else. Sanchez is currently 3rd in the AFC in TD passes (trailing only Fitzpatrick and Brady). Pretty decent chance that one of Brady or Big Ben back out due to lingering injuries/disinterest. So even if Dalton is the 3rd QB, if Jets get hot and end up with 10 wins and Sanchez is 2nd or 3rd in TD passes, there is a decent chance Sanchez would make it in as an injury replacement.

The pickins are actually pretty slim, but I still see these guys ending up ahead of him in the voting.

Rivers
    Tebow (because voters are stupid)
    Flacco

I think Sanchez has the potential to be a pro-bowl guy somewhere down the road, but I'd much prefer to see him play the following week.

Fitz, Flacco, Hasselbeck, and Daulton will go.

Fred Jackson's done for the year, so Buffalo has to send somebody and I don't think Stevie Johnson garnered any votes with his hella dumb celebration Sunday.