Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How come no one is ragging on Sanchez for running a play before the 2 minute warning?

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

How come no one is ragging on Sanchez for running a play before the 2 minute warning?

I thought it was another piece of terrible clock management. After we had the ball 1st and 10 at the 35, Sanchez could have let the clock run down to 2 minutes. We still had 2 time-outs and that combined where we were was more than enough time to comfortably score and not leave as much time as we did and cause us to almost lose the game. Instead he threw on first down in a rush situation and the pass fell incomplete thereby dictating a rush on 2nd down to get us down to the 2 minute warning.

If we just went to the 2 minute warning he could have gone to the sideline and the first and second down plays would have been better scripted and run better and possibly have either mad the Bills have less time or use some of their time-outs.

Not one commentator or anyone on the board has mentioned this yet.

I am curious what other people think.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chillster;4256058]

I am curious what other people think.[/QUOTE]

I think most people think that the Jets are 8-8 this year and it doesn't matter what Sanchez does anymore.

Next year, with a new offensive coordinator, he'll have the chance to show us that he can take it to the next level. Every game under Schittenheimer is just Mark treading water. He's had a great first-two-year tryout, built one hell of a draft tape. He's got the ability. He just lacks the coaching.

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking about the QB sneak? I think he was trying not to get the previous play challenged.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4256092]I think most people think that the Jets are 8-8 this year and it doesn't matter what Sanchez does anymore.

[B]Next year, with a new offensive coordinator, he'll have the chance to show us that he can take it to the next level. Every game under Schittenheimer is just Mark treading water. He's had a great first-two-year tryout, built one hell of a draft tape. He's got the ability. He just lacks the coaching.[/B]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Exactly. Let's stop the non-sense about Sanchez.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    No. Not the sneak. That was done after the two minute warning.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4256101]Are you talking about the QB sneak? I think he was trying not to get the previous play challenged.[/QUOTE]

Actually, The coaches should really be blamed because they called have told him not to run a play.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If this is the sequence you are referring to:

3-8-BUF 47 (2:44) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short left to 88-P.Turner to BUF 35 for 12 yards (43-Br.Scott).
    1-10-BUF 35 (2:13) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to 81-D.Keller.
    2-10-BUF 35 (2:09) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short middle to 25-J.McKnight to BUF 36 for -1 yards (50-N.Barnett; 52-A.Moats).
    Two-Minute Warning

It looks like he may have had no choice but to play - prior play was run at 2:44; Play clock would not have allowed them to reach the 2 minute warning..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4256111]If this is the sequence you are referring to:

3-8-BUF 47 (2:44) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short left to 88-P.Turner to BUF 35 for 12 yards (43-Br.Scott).
    1-10-BUF 35 (2:13) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass incomplete short right to 81-D.Keller.
    2-10-BUF 35 (2:09) (Shotgun) 6-M.Sanchez pass short middle to 25-J.McKnight to BUF 36 for -1 yards (50-N.Barnett; 52-A.Moats).
    Two-Minute Warning

It looks like he may have had no choice but to play - prior play was run at 2:44; Play clock would not have allowed them to reach the 2 minute warning..[/QUOTE]

Who cares, its more fun to just pile on or 3rd year QB. Facts be damned!!!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not sure if they made a mistake in that situation.

Im not sure if they have one already but I think they should have a guy that is just the "clock manager". He should be on the sideline and during the last handful of minutes of each half he should be right up Rex's butt letting him know when to call TOs based on the play clock and situations.

Little disappointing that in year 3 Rex still needs handlers. But you have to do what you have to do.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4256092]I think most people think that the Jets are 8-8 this year and it doesn't matter what Sanchez does anymore.

Next year, with a new offensive coordinator, he'll have the chance to show us that he can take it to the next level. Every game under Schittenheimer is just Mark treading water. He's had a great first-two-year tryout, built one hell of a draft tape. He's got the ability. He just lacks the coaching.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Agree. Good post.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chillster;4256058]I thought it was another piece of terrible clock management. After we had the ball 1st and 10 at the 35, Sanchez could have let the clock run down to 2 minutes. We still had 2 time-outs and that combined where we were was more than enough time to comfortably score and not leave as much time as we did and cause us to almost lose the game. Instead he threw on first down in a rush situation and the pass fell incomplete thereby dictating a rush on 2nd down to get us down to the 2 minute warning.

If we just went to the 2 minute warning he could have gone to the sideline and the first and second down plays would have been better scripted and run better and possibly have either mad the Bills have less time or use some of their time-outs.

The better question would be why someone is ragging on Sanchez for this...well why is it? Does it make you feel better about yourself or what? I've always been curious why people like to bash nice kids like him. I'm glad you brought it up.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4256120]Who cares, its more fun to just pile on or 3rd year QB. Facts be damned!!![/QUOTE]

LOL.

This thread = FAIL

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4256111]If this is the sequence you are referring to:

Two-Minute Warning

It looks like he may have had no choice but to play - prior play was run at 2:44; Play clock would not have allowed them to reach the 2 minute warning..[/QUOTE]

I'd have to see the game again to be sure i wasn't wrong but I was complaining about this at the game. I figured the Jets were in 4 down territory and were either going to get a TD or attempt a field goal. Either way, I didn't think the Jets would get the ball back. Pretty sure the Jets had 2 time outs left.

The play that was run at 2:44 lasted longer than 4 seconds and they could have let the clock run to the 2 minute warning. Instead they ran a play at 2:13 that resulted in yet another clock stoppage before the 2 minute warning.

It just left too much time on the clock for what could easily have been a season ending comeback by the bills. (been a Jets fan for too many decades not to fear that possibility)

The blame for that has to lie on the the coaching staff though.
    Last edited by crossfire; 11-28-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the OP my hotdog at the stadium was also a little crisp. Why doesn't Sanchez fix that? The guys a bum, I bet Brady makes great hotdogs...I didn't see any threads on that!!!:eek:

What's up with that?:rolleyes:
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 11-29-2011 at 12:58 AM.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Coach's call to run a play or not.

Learn something about the game.

Anything.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    did this sequence make your Dick Curl?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chillster;4256058]I thought it was another piece of terrible clock management. After we had the ball 1st and 10 at the 35, Sanchez could have let the clock run down to 2 minutes. W[B]e still had 2 time-outs and that combined where we were was more than enough time to comfortably score [/B]and not leave as much time as we did and cause us to almost lose the game. Instead he threw on first down in a rush situation and the pass fell incomplete thereby dictating a rush on 2nd down to get us down to the 2 minute warning.

Comfortably score? Since when do the jets comfortably score? Better to give the O more time and take our chances with the D. That being said I think it was more of a play clock issue.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=petejet;4256567]Comfortably score? Since when do the jets comfortably score? Better to give the O more time and take our chances with the D. That being said I think it was more of a play clock issue.[/QUOTE]

Yup. As pointed out before, after the Turner catch the play clock and game clock wouldve been extremely close, and the Jets could not afford a penalty in this situation.

We were also moving the ball downfield reasonably well, Jets probably saw something they liked and went no huddle to try and pick up some easy yards.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Sanchez has a real problem with making stupid decisions in regards to game situation. This was obviously not his decision though. The ****ing coach called a play.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4256682]I think Sanchez has a real problem with making stupid decisions in regards to game situation. This was obviously not his decision though. The ****ing coach called a play.[/QUOTE]

:44 > :40