Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How good would the Jets be with Tebow?

What is equally absurd about this thread is that through the last 5 games the Broncos are averaging 19.8ppg and the Jets are at 22.2ppg. In the games that Tebow did not start, the Broncos have scored 20.5ppg. He has not even made his offense better, so I doubt he would make the Jets offense any better.

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    I hate tebow, and would never want him on my team. But I thought it would be a good conversation for the board.

When u take away the sideshow the broncos are the 2010 jets. They ground and pound and play good defense. They beat a team with only a handful of pass attempts the entire game just running the ball. That's rex's dream.

In terms of being a fraud, I thought so to until they beat us. There gameplan will keep them in every game the way we used to do it. Altho I don't want tebow, it's certainly a good topic. They went from one of the worst teams in the league, and now are better then us
    Beating the Jets doesn't stop them from being frauds.

The Broncos scored 10 points because of a horrible punt and an idiotic pic 6. Their offense did absolutely nothing that game.

BUT, on the final drive the Jets put their 2 worst players on defense (Leonhard and Smith) in positions to make close out plays and they failed miserably, like they do most of the time.

I really don't see the Broncos' victory as some impressive feat.

the advantage of Tebow is he doesn't turn the ball over. that's one area of his game that he's undoubtedly better than Sanchez.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    the advantage of Tebow is he doesn't turn the ball over. that's one area of his game that he's undoubtedly better than Sanchez.
    He doesn't fumble I give him that, but you kinda have to like, THROW to get the ball turned over

I think Tebow would make a better Running Back or Tight End than a QB, IMO.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    KR has officially lost his mind.
    Guess so. Never expected a thread like this from him

Tebow's greatest strength right now is not turning the ball over.

Ball control offense + Excellent defense = a young QBs best friends.

Veteran
    I don't see why the Jets, if they really wanted to for some dumb reason, couldn't run the spread option too with the same results. With Greene and McKnight and Sanchez they could run the ball 65% of the time too and eat up lots more clock time, not turn the ball over, and score 13-19 points a game, at most, against an average defense and maybe a few more against a terrible one. They don't need Tebow to do that.

The only difference would be the difference in size between Tebow and Sanchez, so Mark would probably get hurt pretty quickly, which will probably eventually happen to Tebow too.

The point isn't that teams can't run the spread option, its that they choose not to because it doesn't work that well. If Tebow could actually keep the offense on the field and score more than one TD per game, he wouldn't need this "magic" at the end of the game.

Take a look at the Chargers game, not only did the Chargers just completely blow the game all over the place, but Tebow couldn't do jack crap in OT save one run. All their yardage was from McGahee and because of the missed FG by the Chargers. But somehow that is clutch?

You know who the Broncos are like right now.

The 2009 Jets. Without the turnovers by their QB and an inferior running game.

Quote Originally Posted by Batmans A Scientist View Post
    You know who the Broncos are like right now.

The 2009 Jets. Without the turnovers by their QB and an inferior running game.
    ???
    The Jets lead the league in rushing yards in 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Whoa, lowering our standards a bit much, are we, SAR? The Jets BARELY eeeked out a win against one of the most lowly teams in the league at home, and it took an idiotic celebration penalty and 3 dropped passes just to give the Jets a chance, and we're calling this the most important victory of the year over the Buffalo freaking Bills?

Let me respond how you normally would to a fan who celebrates mediocrity from their team-

Let me guess, Mets fan? Hopefully you snap out of it and start demanding excellence from your team, like a good Yankees fan would. A Yankees fan wouldn't be celebrating a 4-3 win in August over the Baltimore Orioles as the most important game of the year, but a Mets fan probably would, in a similar win over the Florida Marlins.

Sure, it's great that the Jets pulled one out of the fire yesterday, but in retrospect, when you think about the game from an unbiased perspective, it was a win against one of the worst teams in the league, and it took damn near every break in the book to get it. At the moment, it was garbage defeating garbage. We need to hope that the Jets can get hot at the end and make another run in the playoffs, but as we sit here now, the Jets are nothing more than mediocore, and if we look back at 2011 and consider the win over the Buffalo Bills as the most important of the year, I have a feeling that this season will have ended in pretty similar fashion to the previous 42 seasons, and that damn well isn't where Yankees fans want to be.
    Welcome to JI where mediocrity & losing is not only accepted, it is encouraged.

All League
    KR has officially lost his mind.
    I was about to say that. Was it not that long ago that he was considered one of the better posters around here?

This isn't a joke?

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    This isn't a joke?
    Welcome to the party.

Leave your keys at the door cause no one is driving home after this one

At least not KR

1- No turnovers on offense.

2-He made that running game great.

3-Clutch.

4-Defense rested more. So our defense would be even better.

Its crazy, but Denver is doing what the Jets did two years ago. They are running the ball, and playing good defense with less then half of the talent we have on this team.

If Denver is a playoff team with tebow(it looks like it), how good would we be?
    We can't run the Offense with a good QB, so what exactly do you think Tebow would do in a Schotty Offense??????????

Beating the Jets doesn't stop them from being frauds.

The Broncos scored 10 points because of a horrible punt and an idiotic pic 6. Their offense did absolutely nothing that game.

BUT, on the final drive the Jets put their 2 worst players on defense (Leonhard and Smith) in positions to make close out plays and they failed miserably, like they do most of the time.

I really don't see the Broncos' victory as some impressive feat.
    Do any of these excuses change the fact that they beat us? We could do the woulda/coulda/shoulda for every Jets loss this season. In the end there defense outplayed ours, they won the field position battle, and there offense went 99 yards on our defense for the win. Im not sure if anyone is realizing how poorly we are playing right now but they would be favorites in vegas if we were to play them again this sunday.

I think Denver will be "For real" the rest of the season. I dont like Tebow but I love what they are doing there. The GM is totally skeptical, yet they have tailored their system to their players strengths on offense and defense. They ground and pound. They dont turn over the ball. They DONT turn the ball over, and they play good defense. It totally reminds me of the end of Rex's first year here.

The Jets on the other hand have all this talent simply going to waste. A System that doesn't seem fit for the players. No Running game, and a Turnover prone QB who makes poor decisions all the time. After some of the "idiotic" throws Sanchez makes I almost can't blame our coaches wanting to be conservative at times. I have NEVER seen a team with this good of a defense, and very good specials play this poorly.

Denver is doing everything right, that we are doing wrong. Clearly saying the name "Tebow" is going to mask the real intent and purpose of this thread. I think he is hated more then anyone else on the planet--But Denver is doing exactly what Rex would love to do. I wouldn't be suprised at all for Denver to win a playoff game or two this season. Thats how we won them too.

Quote Originally Posted by hatnlvr View Post
    We can't run the Offense with a good QB, so what exactly do you think Tebow would do in a Schotty Offense??????????
    Who's a good QB? Sanchez is one of the worst QB's in the league.

Schotty has been extended twice by his current team, and helped make Drew brees into the player he is today. Shotty is going to get fired after this season, and Sanchez will still be Sanchez next year. A Turnover prone QB that will Show glimpses but still make poor reads all too often. When the Jets win Sanchez gets the Credit, When the Jets lose its always Schottys Fault.

Just remember Sanchez usually has two plays that he has to pick from at the line of scrimmage every play. So After he chooses his play, it is then him deciding to throw into Quadruple coverage for an interception like he did this past Sunday.

What are people going to do when Sanchez is still making the same mistakes next year?

Veteran
    Do any of these excuses change the fact that they beat us? We could do the woulda/coulda/shoulda for every Jets loss this season. In the end there defense outplayed ours, they won the field position battle, and there offense went 99 yards on our defense for the win. Im not sure if anyone is realizing how poorly we are playing right now but they would be favorites in vegas if we were to play them again this sunday.

I think Denver will be "For real" the rest of the season. I dont like Tebow but I love what they are doing there. The GM is totally skeptical, yet they have tailored their system to their players strengths on offense and defense. They ground and pound. They dont turn over the ball. They DONT turn the ball over, and they play good defense. It totally reminds me of the end of Rex's first year here.

The Jets on the other hand have all this talent simply going to waste. A System that doesn't seem fit for the players. No Running game, and a Turnover prone QB who makes poor decisions all the time. After some of the "idiotic" throws Sanchez makes I almost can't blame our coaches wanting to be conservative at times. I have NEVER seen a team with this good of a defense, and very good specials play this poorly.

Denver is doing everything right, that we are doing wrong. Clearly saying the name "Tebow" is going to mask the real intent and purpose of this thread. I think he is hated more then anyone else on the planet--But Denver is doing exactly what Rex would love to do. I wouldn't be suprised at all for Denver to win a playoff game or two this season. Thats how we won them too.
    So actually what you are saying is "How good would the Jets be if they had their 2009 offense?" Or rather, "How good would the Jets be if they still actually ran a 'ground and pound' offense?"

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    define "let us down" you expected the team to be 11-0 at this point?

the Jets will get hot, go to the playoffs, and THEN let us down.
    I expected a 10-6 wildcard appearance but was optimistic that they'd outperform last year.

"Let us down" at 6-5 is also code for "The Jets haven't played a complete game all year" which is the sad truth for a team that was supposedly Super Bowl-ready coming off of 6 playoff games in 2 years. We've seen rare spurts of dominant defense, fluid offense, and smart special teams during the season, but never have they played a complete game in any of the three phases.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 11-29-2011 at 02:10 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Do any of these excuses change the fact that they beat us?
    Seattle Seahawks beat the Ravens.

Seahawks >>> Ravens