Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: How good would the Jets be with Tebow?

Jets Insider VIP
    Tebow could win with any team in the league. Look at his skill position players. They are the worst in the league. Eric Decker the #1 wide receiver?????? Willis McGahee a 31 year old running back who has done nothing in 4 years. Do they even have a tight end who can catch.

If Tebow can get 5 wins with the most pathetic skill position players in the league, he could win with any team.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Seattle Seahawks beat the Ravens.

Seahawks >>> Ravens
    The Ravens have played a few stinkers, but for the entire body of work you can say that they have a dominant defense, a strong running game, and solid coaching.

The Jets have played a few stinkers too, but for the entire body of work you can't say that they have anything going at all.

The Ravens, not the Jets, rose up to sweep their divisional arch-rival. Ravens got both W's from the Steelers, not the other way around.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    The Ravens have played a few stinkers, but for the entire body of work you can say that they have a dominant defense, a strong running game, and solid coaching.

The Jets have played a few stinkers too, but for the entire body of work you can't say that they have anything going at all.

The Ravens, not the Jets, rose up to sweep their divisional arch-rival. Ravens got both W's from the Steelers, not the other way around.

SAR I
    True, but that has nothing to do with KR's point about the Broncos and the Jets.

That was a perfect storm loss for the Jets. Three days rest, on the road, after SNF game against Pats. No LT. No Kerley. Sanchez playing poorly.

KR is extoling the virtues of the Tebow Broncos when they did absolutely nothing in that game offensively till the final drive.

Pettine calls the absolute WORST defensive call on the final drive and somehow the Broncos have a blue print to follow. It's ridiculous.

True, but that has nothing to do with KR's point about the Broncos and the Jets.

That was a perfect storm loss for the Jets. Three days rest, on the road, after SNF game against Pats. No LT. No Kerley. Sanchez playing poorly.

KR is extoling the virtues of the Tebow Broncos when they did absolutely nothing in that game offensively till the final drive.

Pettine calls the absolute WORST defensive call on the final drive and somehow the Broncos have a blue print to follow. It's ridiculous.
    In the Denver Game:
    -Denver outrushed us.
    -Won the Turnover battle.
    -Defense outplayed our defense.
    -Played better Special teams.
    -Better Qb play. (no pick 6's, game winning drive)

All of above are the standard way to win in the NFL.

The Broncos are likely a playoff team this year, and are ahead of the Jets in some power rankings. They won IN Oakland which we could not do, won IN SD, and beat us.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-rankings-2/

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Agree completely that if the game were played before the Patriots game and on a full week's rest we win in Denver.

What KR is saying is that Tim Tebow is better than Mark Sanchez which is laughable.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    sum this thread up and close this thread up

TEBOW SUCKS

case closed

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    In the Denver Game:
    -Denver outrushed us.
    -Won the Turnover battle.
    -Defense outplayed our defense.
    -Played better Special teams.
    -Better Qb play. (no pick 6's, game winning drive)

All of above are the standard way to win in the NFL.

The Broncos are likely a playoff team this year, and are ahead of the Jets in some power rankings. They won IN Oakland which we could not do, won IN SD, and beat us.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...er-rankings-2/
    Who gives a damn about power rankings? Seriously, KR? You support your argument with power rankings?

As to the game:

Total Yards

Jets -- 318
    Bronocs -- 229

Time of Possession
    Jets -- 32:12
    Broncos -- 27:48

Total Plays
    Jets -- 71
    Broncos -- 56

First Downs
    Jets-- 22
    Broncos -- 11

Punts
    Jets -- 6
    Broncos -- 8

Your statement that the Broncos D outplayed the Jets D defies reality.

And Tebow was 9/20 for 104 yds and 61 QBR. He didn't throw a pick 6 because he could barely connect with anybody.

Tebow's accuracy is so bad that he doesn't get intercepted. He also knows that he's inaccurate, so he doesn't throw the ball to covered receivers unless they're running a fly.

Who gives a damn about power rankings? Seriously, KR? You support your argument with power rankings?

As to the game:

Total Yards

Jets -- 318
    Bronocs -- 229

Time of Possession
    Jets -- 32:12
    Broncos -- 27:48

Total Plays
    Jets -- 71
    Broncos -- 56

First Downs
    Jets-- 22
    Broncos -- 11

Punts
    Jets -- 6
    Broncos -- 8

Your statement that the Broncos D outplayed the Jets D defies reality.

And Tebow was 9/20 for 104 yds and 61 QBR. He didn't throw a pick 6 because he could barely connect with anybody.
    Cherry picked stats ?

-You left out Tebow's rushing yards. For example the 20 yard TD run that won them the game.

-The Broncos defense got a pick 6(The most important stat of them all). They Sacked the hell out of Sanchez, and when the game was on the line in the final minute they stopped us. All things the Jets defense did not do. Yes, the Broncos defense outplayed the NY Jets defense for that night.

The Broncos are a better team right now then we are--And they are doing it with half the talent.
    Last edited by KR; 11-29-2011 at 05:22 PM.

I could name 25 QBs I'd rather have than Tebow, and sanchez is obviously one of them.

I would take the Broncos D right now with how they're playing though.

No chance that team makes the playoff, maybe like a 1% chance. Fluky wins, terrible offense covered by a good defense and a favorable sched

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    Agree completely that if the game were played before the Patriots game and on a full week's rest we win in Denver.

What KR is saying is that Tim Tebow is better than Mark Sanchez which is laughable.

SAR I
    Tim Tebow in 6 games is 5-1 as a starter. 11 TD's, and 2 turnovers.

Mark Sanchez in 12 games as a starter is 7-5. 21 TD's, and 16 turnovers.

"His(Tebow's) current NFL passer rating of 80.5 is better than Joe Flacco, Michael Vick and Matt Cassel. His average of one touchdown per 17.9 passes is better than Tony Romo, Ben Roethlisberger and Jay Cutler. His one interception in 143 attempts is the lowest interception rate in the NFL, lower even than Aaron Rodgers."

Yes, I am saying that right now Tim Tebow is better then Mark Sanchez.
    Last edited by KR; 11-29-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Mark Sanchez in 12 games as a starter is 7-5. 18 TD's, and 16 turnovers.

oh boy.

The only problem with that assessment is that Tebow plays RB who passes once and a while those other guys play QB. Tebow rarely throws the ball so he rarely turns it over. I'm guessing his pass attempts are much more frequent in the redzone which would give him a better shot at increasing his QBR by hitting a TD when he does actually pass.

Curtin Martin has a career passer rating of 158.3. Martin >>> Marino

New York is where QBs go in order to fall into obscurity and mediocrity. Its fanbase is so impatient (see pre-game boos of Sanchez) it escalates any incompletion to the level of "bust" and constantly has whoever is in there looking over his shoulder. Usually there is a coach in a similarly tenuous predicament and a plug gets pulled. Whatever the case, Tebow, regardless of his intangibles, would, like every other QB since Namath, suffer similar treatment and would be added to the stockpile of backups we Jet fans know and love.

Jets Insider VIP
    Cherry picked stats ?

-You left out Tebow's rushing yards. For example the 20 yard TD run that won them the game.

-The Broncos defense got a pick 6(The most important stat of them all). They Sacked the hell out of Sanchez, and when the game was on the line in the final minute they stopped us. All things the Jets defense did not do. Yes, the Broncos defense outplayed the NY Jets defense for that night.

The Broncos are a better team right now then we are--And they are doing it with half the talent.
    Tebow's 20 yd run happened because Pettine called the worst possible play and left containment up to the worst player on defense.

The Broncos had 3 sacks and the Jets had 1. Jets dominated time of possession and made the Broncos get off the field more.

Regardless, debating this is pointless. I'll wait until the end of the season and then we'll know who is right about this.

Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    oh boy.

The only problem with that assessment is that Tebow plays RB who passes once and a while those other guys play QB. Tebow rarely throws the ball so he rarely turns it over. I'm guessing his pass attempts are much more frequent in the redzone which would give him a better shot at increasing his QBR by hitting a TD when he does actually pass.

Curtin Martin has a career passer rating of 158.3. Martin >>> Marino
    Bingo. That Cold Hard Football Facts article KR cropped that snippet from is honestly laughable. Look at how frequently Denver punts and fails to move the chains on possessions. They have never scored a first half TD with Tebow under center. That is an embarrassing truth. Their defense has given them an inordinate amount of offensive possessions in his starts, and they score points on so few of them.

He's avoided turnovers by passing infrequently and the Broncos run a one-read system that gives him an easy look which he still misses at an alarming rate (as evidenced by laughable completion %). Best thing he's done is not fumble it considering his number of carries. At least 3 or 4 of his TDs were also garbage time meaningless stuff against the Chargers and Detroit.

The guy is a horrible player, we all saw it. He led Denver to 3 points for 58 minutes. The two games our defense played that bookended that game we were shredded by Brady and Fitzpatrick. Tebow couldn't do anything against us except for one last minute drive where he mostly ran. Dude is not a QB in general with how he plays, and def not a good one.

Anyone who would take him over Sanchez is out of their minds.

Rookie
    Anyone who would take him over Sanchez is out of their minds.[/QUOTE]
    I agree. Count Amani Toomer as one of those out of their minds. I about fell off my chair when he said that

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    dump
    +1 - Ridiculous assertion. The grass is always greener...

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I think the better question would be --

How good would the Jets be with pass rushers like Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller?

Tebow may be making some plays late, but the Broncos are winning because of defense.
    Or,

How good would he broncos be with Sanchez?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Mark Sanchez in 12 games as a starter is 7-5. 21 TD's, and 16 turnovers.

You just bought the Jacksonville Jaguars. You can have either Sanchez or Tebow, same price, to lead your team for the next 10 years.

Who are you choosing?

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    I repeat

Teblow SUCKS

discussion closed