Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: How good would the Jets be with Tebow?

Jets Insider VIP
    LOL

Are you f*cking kidding me? Who the hell in their right mind would take Tebow over Sanchez?

Listen, I admire Tebow's work ethic and his determination, but this little fairy tale isn't going to last. The guy is totally inept when it comes to throwing a football.

If you think the Broncos will have continued success with Tebow completing 5 passes a game, then more power to you. You can't just continually run the option in this league and expect longterm success.

It may not always look pretty with Sanchez, but more often than not, the guy gets the job done. I guess you could say the same for Tebow at this point, but there's just one little difference. Sanchez is a conventional QB who can actually throw a football. Sanchez has a 4-2 playoff record (all on the road) and has proven that he can beat the elite teams of the league and go tit for tat with the Brady's, Manning's, and Roethlisberger's.

The Broncos have to ask themselves if they can ever win a championship with Tebow. To hell with teams like the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders. To get to the Superbowl, Tebow is going to have to overcome teams like the Pats and Steelers who are in the thick of the hunt every single year.

If you think Tebow is ever going to beat a team like the Steelers or Pats while only completing 5-10 passes a game, then you're batsh*t crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerricho89 View Post
    ???
    The Jets lead the league in rushing yards in 2009
    The Broncos have a QB turning the ball over less
    The Broncos have an inferior Running game.

Didn't make that clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Untouchable View Post
    LOL

Are you f*cking kidding me? Who the hell in their right mind would take Tebow over Sanchez?

Listen, I admire Tebow's work ethic and his determination, but this little fairy tale isn't going to last. The guy is totally inept when it comes to throwing a football.

If you think the Broncos will have continued success with Tebow completing 5 passes a game, then more power to you. You can't just continually run the option in this league and expect longterm success.

It may not always look pretty with Sanchez, but more often than not, the guy gets the job done. I guess you could say the same for Tebow at this point, but there's just one little difference. Sanchez is a conventional QB who can actually throw a football. Sanchez has a 4-2 playoff record (all on the road) and has proven that he can beat the elite teams of the league and go tit for tat with the Brady's, Manning's, and Roethlisberger's.

The Broncos have to ask themselves if they can ever win a championship with Tebow. To hell with teams like the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders. To get to the Superbowl, Tebow is going to have to overcome teams like the Pats and Steelers who are in the thick of the hunt every single year.

If you think Tebow is ever going to beat a team like the Steelers or Pats while only completing 5-10 passes a game, then you're batsh*t crazy.
    Im sure you watched NFL network, and ESPN the week we played the Broncos. All anyone said all week, was there was "No way the Broncos could beat a team like the Jets while only completing 5-10 passes a game".

Then he beat us.

He beat Oakland IN Oakland. Something we couldn't do.

He beat SD IN SD.

He is doing all this with half the talent of the Jets. Pretty impressive. The way to win in the playoffs is running the ball, and playing defense. Thats what the Broncos are doing right now- and we are not.

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Im sure you watched NFL network, and ESPN the week we played the Broncos. All anyone said all week, was there was "No way the Broncos could beat a team like the Jets while only completing 5-10 passes a game".

Then he beat us.

He beat SD IN SD.

He is doing all this with half the talent of the Jets. Pretty impressive. The way to win in the playoffs is running the ball, and playing defense. Thats what the Broncos are doing right now.
    and how many points has the Broncos defense allowed in those wins?

the defense is winning those games, not Tebow.

that being said, Tebow is doing a great job of protecting the ball, which allows them to keep the games close.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    and how many points has the Broncos defense allowed in those wins?

the defense is winning those games, not Tebow.

that being said, Tebow is doing a great job of protecting the ball, which allows them to keep the games close.
    Its actually a testament to how inaccurate many of his passes are that he hasn't been intercepted. He's either throwing the ball into the ground and his receivers have to make great diving plays (see the Chargers game) or he's missing them by miles, and likewise missing the DB's covering the receiver too. I'd say, based on watching him, that 2/3 of his passes are pretty much un-catchable and the other 1/3 are pretty solid passes, which is kind of confusing really.

Then he beat us.

He beat SD IN SD.

He is doing all this with half the talent of the Jets. Pretty impressive. The way to win in the playoffs is running the ball, and playing defense. Thats what the Broncos are doing right now- and we are not.
    1) The Jets aren't that good, particularly the offense.
    2) Tebow didn't beat the Jets, his defense is way more responsible for that win. Tebow helped them score 7 points all game and did virtually nothing on offense until the last drive.

If you're going to say "Tebow beat the Jets" that explains a lot of this nonsense.
    Last edited by My.Favorite.Martin; 11-30-2011 at 01:20 PM.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    1) The Jets aren't that good, particularly the offense.
    2) Tebow didn't beat the Jets, his defense is way more responsible for that win. Tebow helped them score 7 points all game and did virtually nothing on offense until the last drive.

If you're going to say "Tebow beat the Jets" that explains a lot of this nonsense.
    It doesn't matter what actually happened, that's the whole thing with these types of situations. No matter what actually may account for something, the media will focus on the easy story and fans will focus on what the media does.

The same thing happened in the Chargers game. Its as if Tebow made the Chargers miss two field goals, made McGahee gain 23 yards on his run in OT, and made the defense destroy the Charger's O. (maybe he did because of his God connection, I don't know). But the narrative is that Tebow has improved every single aspect of the Broncos because of his leadership and intangibles and by being on the field for so long, so that is what people will run with...

Come on, you've got to be kidding. Where would the Jets be with Tebow.....how about 4-7?

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    I repeat

Teblow SUCKS

discussion closed
    Which is why he beat the Jets, right? Oh wait, that's right, maybe in order for a player that sucks to beat another team in the league, that team would have to be worse than said player that sucks, so I guess that means the Jets suck? But wait, the 2011 Jets are the greatest team of all time, and they walk on water. AND Tebow beat them. How? Either Tebow sucks or the Jets suck, can't have it both ways. Chances are though, both of them suck, and one just sucked less on that given day than the other....

Wow, this board has gone full circle...

LOL

So now some Jets fans want Tebow over Sanchez

Holy facepalm

Once defenses catch up to Tebow, and they adjust to the option offense, which they are not used to playing against, Tebow is done.

Tebow is done at the end of this season

And I'm not a Tebow hater, love the guy, love the hustle, effort, and heart, in the player, love the person, his integrity, his heart, and I appreciate his faith.

He's not an NFL QB.

I sure as hell would take him as a back-up though, and he would be a part of my weekly gameplan...

the thing is just having a guy like tebow (who seems to have the knack (whatever that is)) gives the whole team a lift. one thing pointed out by the talking heads is how tebow carries himself. in all situations he's confident and doesn't let things get him down. contrast that with sanchez who really has losing body language although he too plays better as the going gets tough.

as for tebow playing with the jets, he might be equally successful until the rest of the teams figured out his tendencies. he beat the jets because of a blown or ineffective assignment not because they didn't know he was going to run.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Ray19 View Post
    Wow, this board has gone full circle...

LOL

So now some Jets fans want Tebow over Sanchez

Holy facepalm

Once defenses catch up to Tebow, and they adjust to the option offense, which they are not used to playing against, Tebow is done.

Tebow is done at the end of this season

And I'm not a Tebow hater, love the guy, love the hustle, effort, and heart, in the player, love the person, his integrity, his heart, and I appreciate his faith.

He's not an NFL QB.

I sure as hell would take him as a back-up though, and he would be a part of my weekly gameplan...
    I think if you look at Tebows offensive output it's quite clear that teams have figured him out for the most part.

Denver is winning games on defense, something that has been grossly (deliberately?) overlooked by the Tebow-crazed fans and media. Tebows main contribution has been avoiding turnovers to keep games close and he has a knack for the big moment.

Funny how many of the same arguments that have been used to discredit Sanchez's accomplishments are now being used to tout Tebows greatness.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Phuck Teblow.

Tebow would never throw for 4 TDs. He would never place the ball so perfectly to Holmes with such touch in NE last postseason for a TD. I don't even need to go on. We would suck.

Hall Of Fame
    Methinks Brad Smith is just as good at running the option and is a better passer. Shame Buffalo paid him an absurd amount of money. Can't blame Jets for that one.

1- No turnovers on offense.

2-He made that running game great.

3-Clutch.

4-Defense rested more. So our defense would be even better.

Its crazy, but Denver is doing what the Jets did two years ago. They are running the ball, and playing good defense with less then half of the talent we have on this team.

If Denver is a playoff team with tebow(it looks like it), how good would we be?
    You never can go wrong with Jesus on your side.

Brian Shottenheimer- Raiders 2012 Defensive coordinator.(if Eagles can do it) If anyone know how to stop an offense dead in its tracks, he is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanchise View Post
    Tebow would never throw for 4 TDs. He would never place the ball so perfectly to Holmes with such touch in NE last postseason for a TD. I don't even need to go on. We would suck.
    Of course not he does however blow Sanchez away in passing TD% and INT%. That's not taking into account his running at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Of course not he does however blow Sanchez away in passing TD% and INT%. That's not taking into account his running at all.
    What percentage of his pass attempts occur in the redzone? It's probably a lot easier to have a good TD/INT ratio when you rarely pass except for in the redzone.

Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    What percentage of his pass attempts occur in the redzone? It's probably a lot easier to have a good TD/INT ratio when you rarely pass except for in the redzone.

Your point? Based on total throws Tebow is throwing TD's at a 5.6% rate while throwing INT's at a .07 rate. Sanchez is throwing TD's at a 4.8% rate and INT's at a 2.9% rate.

If your point is Tebow is doing a better job getting Denver into the redzone I can't answer that. I do know when Tebow throws the ball statistically he is more likely to score and less likely to turn it over than Sanchez.

Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Your point? Based on total throws Tebow is throwing TD's at a 5.6% rate while throwing INT's at a .07 rate. Sanchez is throwing TD's at a 4.8% rate and INT's at a 2.9% rate.

If your point is Tebow is doing a better job getting Denver into the redzone I can't answer that. I do know when Tebow throws the ball statistically he is more likely to score and less likely to turn it over than Sanchez.
    My point is that Tebow is a glorified RB who is likely (i don't know the numbers) given more opportunities to throw the ball in the redzone. He is looking to run first and passes if it's a safe pass.

Sanchez is a QB who is looking to pass first and runs if he has to. He takes more risks throwing the ball. Many of those risks are stupid, but the numbers don't tell the whole story.