Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How good would the Jets be with Tebow?

How good would the Jets be with Tebow?

1- No turnovers on offense.

2-He made that running game great.

3-Clutch.

4-Defense rested more. So our defense would be even better.

Its crazy, but Denver is doing what the Jets did two years ago. They are running the ball, and playing good defense with less then half of the talent we have on this team.

If Denver is a playoff team with tebow(it looks like it), how good would we be?

Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post

3-Clutch.

Its crazy, but Denver is doing what the Jets did two years ago. They are running the ball, and playing good defense with less then half of the talent we have on this team.

Lets break down these points

1. No Turnovers - Fair point, but he can go 3 and out so many times it feels like a turnover

2. Made that Running Game Great - Sure wasn't great against the Jets for most of the game and good defenses can just stack the box and just say hey throw it like the Jets did.

3. Clutch - He has been clutch though its been a small sample size. Sanchez has definitely been more clutch both Regular Season and Playoffs.

4. Defense rested more - See point 1 and 2. I really think he puts a huge burden on his defense to keep the game a low score affair. I don't think he can put up 20 points.

Right now things are going well for Tebow and he has earned some of that. But I really think the one thing you can point to in each of his wins is that he has faced some teams with ineptitude in some form and that includes the jets.

I think the Lions game is more indicative of what Tebow is against some better competition.

I think he would suffocate the Jets even more.

So many people are buying into this, but my main question about Tebow is this? How many QBs can you find who can do just as good a job if not better than what he is doing?

He has come up big, but at the end of the day he has yet to prove he can really win multiple games throwing the football.

Give me Sanchez any day. He has won multiple games throwing the football and has played his best in big moments throughout his career. Unless Tim Tebow makes major changes he is going to have big problems down the road.

Well, I dont think Tebow would do that well, given that our OC doesn't play to our QBs and TEAMS STRENGTHS!!! You would see Tebow running this same waaaaaaack BS were running now and he would hang himself with the flack he would take from the NY media. I think the real question is, " How good would the Jets be if we had a OC that would play to the strengths of his QB like the OC in Denver is doing?" How many wins would WE have??

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

How good would the Jets be with Tebow?
    Never have I wished the offseason to come as quickly as I do now.

We've got one of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL who is suffering, as we all are, under an atrocious offensive coordinator. Where other QB's would have melted down to the bench, Mark Sanchez stood tall, threw 4 TD's, and led his underperforming team to its most important victory in a year. This happened yesterday. So, yeah, let's opine for Tim Tebow.

Unreal.

SAR I

Tebow didn't make their running game great. That's 90% scheme. Any team with a QB that ran the spread option in college could run that same offense if they wanted to. Teams don't do it because they don't believe it can work long-term. The Broncos don't care because they don't plan on having Tebow as their starting QB long-term. This is just a holdover until they find a real QB.

Why's it working now? I'd argue that it's not working. They've only scored 20 points once since Tebow took over.

If you believe that it is working: The Broncos started running this offense halfway through the season. No one was prepared for it. I don't think there is a single DC in the NFL right now that has ever schemed against the spread option. If Denver announces that they're keeping Tebow, all of the NFL coaches will be calling up their college buddies during the offseason to help them design schemes to defend the Broncos offense.

Monte Kiffin is currently USC's DC. In his first two years, USC's defense was terrible against Oregon and the other spread option teams. This year, they beat Utah and Oregon.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

We've got one of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL who is suffering, as we all are, under an atrocious offensive coordinator. Where other QB's would have melted down to the bench, Mark Sanchez stood tall, threw 4 TD's, and led his underperforming team to its most important victory in a year. This happened yesterday. So, yeah, let's opine for Tim Tebow.

Unreal.

SAR I
    Agree 100% I wish I could upload myself into some posters houses and punch them in the face sometimes. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post

Unreal.

SAR I
    Whoa, lowering our standards a bit much, are we, SAR? The Jets BARELY eeeked out a win against one of the most lowly teams in the league at home, and it took an idiotic celebration penalty and 3 dropped passes just to give the Jets a chance, and we're calling this the most important victory of the year over the Buffalo freaking Bills?

Let me respond how you normally would to a fan who celebrates mediocrity from their team-

Let me guess, Mets fan? Hopefully you snap out of it and start demanding excellence from your team, like a good Yankees fan would. A Yankees fan wouldn't be celebrating a 4-3 win in August over the Baltimore Orioles as the most important game of the year, but a Mets fan probably would, in a similar win over the Florida Marlins.

Sure, it's great that the Jets pulled one out of the fire yesterday, but in retrospect, when you think about the game from an unbiased perspective, it was a win against one of the worst teams in the league, and it took damn near every break in the book to get it. At the moment, it was garbage defeating garbage. We need to hope that the Jets can get hot at the end and make another run in the playoffs, but as we sit here now, the Jets are nothing more than mediocore, and if we look back at 2011 and consider the win over the Buffalo Bills as the most important of the year, I have a feeling that this season will have ended in pretty similar fashion to the previous 42 seasons, and that damn well isn't where Yankees fans want to be.

Having Tebow would have us fighting Indy in the S4L sweepstakes

All League
    remember VY's first year? when he threw a few td's but ran for a few too? and the next year he made the cover of madden and he was going to be so great? And then teams had a off season to prepare for him and that was it.

remember the dolphins wildcat? how they fooled the patriots and everyone else? and then teams had time to prepare for it and that was it.

All Pro
    if we had tim tebow we could of saved the 5/yr 50 mill on holmes and got ourselves a RT / OLB / S

thats all i gotta say about that

Jets Insider VIP
    we'd suck

he sucks

a total fraud

Jets Insider VIP

3-Clutch.

dump

All Pro
    I think the better question would be --

How good would the Jets be with pass rushers like Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller?

Tebow may be making some plays late, but the Broncos are winning because of defense.

Quote Originally Posted by sg3 View Post
    we'd suck

he sucks

a total fraud
    Yup.

Jets Insider VIP
    KR has officially lost his mind.

Tebow has played well in the 4th quarter, and it's impressive how he is avoiding turnovers

However,

THe Broncos last 6 games, they have scored less than 20 points 5 times, and gone 4-1 in those games. NO other team in the NFL has won more than 3 games while scoring less than 20 all season (Jacksonville, Cleveland, San Fran), every other team in the NFL has only won 2 games or less while scoring less than 20 points

Plain and simple, they are winning because of defense.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Quote Originally Posted by southparkcpa View Post
    dump

... + 99999999999999

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Give me a break!!

Teabag beat the:

4-7 Chiefs
    4-7 Chargers
    3-8 Dolphins
    6-5 Jets

He also beat OAK in Palmers 1st game off the couch.