Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 120 of 120

Thread: How good would the Jets be with Tebow?

  1. #101
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    My point is that Tebow is a glorified RB who is likely (i don't know the numbers) given more opportunities to throw the ball in the redzone. He is looking to run first and passes if it's a safe pass.

    Sanchez is a QB who is looking to pass first and runs if he has to. He takes more risks throwing the ball. Many of those risks are stupid, but the numbers don't tell the whole story.
    No doubt however a team built to play D and run the ball, like the Jets might well have a better record with that style of play if the alternative is a pass oriented QB who has happy feet in the pocket and can't throw accurately because of it.

  2. #102
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    could you imagine bellichick gameplanning for the jets if tebow were the qb. he'd put 10 guys in the box. then we'd all see how important it is to have a qb who can throw.

  3. #103
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    No doubt however a team built to play D and run the ball, like the Jets might well have a better record with that style of play if the alternative is a pass oriented QB who has happy feet in the pocket and can't throw accurately because of it.
    How well have the Jets played D or ran the ball this year?

  4. #104
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    How well have the Jets played D or ran the ball this year?
    Tough to tell because we usually abandon the run for empty backfields in many medium run/pass situations.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Tough to tell because we usually abandon the run for empty backfields in many medium run/pass situations.
    It's also tough to tell what Sanchez' TD/INT ratio would be if he rarely passed the ball outside of the redzone and looked to run before pass.

    Our YPC average is well below what it was the previous two years when we had a legit NFL RT, a future HOF FB and a blocking TE who could actually block.

  6. #106
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    It's also tough to tell what Sanchez' TD/INT ratio would be if he rarely passed the ball outside of the redzone and looked to run before pass.

    Our YPC average is well below what it was the previous two years when we had a legit NFL RT, a future HOF FB and a blocking TE who could actually block.
    Agreed Sanchez kind of sucks without an all star cast around him and we might well be better off this year with a bull at QB who could run a safer O and have some other options.

  7. #107
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    16,619
    Post Thanks / Like
    how is this thread not in the dump??

  8. #108
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have found this footage of KR watching Tebow playing QB:


  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Agreed Sanchez kind of sucks without an all star cast around him and we might well be better off this year with a bull at QB who could run a safer O and have some other options.
    What does Sanchez have to do with the lack of success our running game is having this year compared to previous years? You said we're built to be a running team. I'm not sure that I agree and that's not what seems to be playing out on the field.

  10. #110
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    What does Sanchez have to do with the lack of success our running game is having this year compared to previous years? You said we're built to be a running team. I'm not sure that I agree and that's not what seems to be playing out on the field.
    Having a QB who can make decisions and beat teams that are stacking up against the run certainly has something to do with our lack of success in the running game.

    We have lots of issues on O. Bad decision making and poor overall play of the QB is certainly one of them.

  11. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Having a QB who can make decisions and beat teams that are stacking up against the run certainly has something to do with our lack of success in the running game.

    We have lots of issues on O. Bad decision making and poor overall play of the QB is certainly one of them.
    OK, but why was our running game so much better when he was a rookie and making even worse decisions?

  12. #112
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by My.Favorite.Martin View Post
    OK, but why was our running game so much better when he was a rookie and making even worse decisions?
    Fanecca was 100% better in the run game than Slauson who is a barely servicable tackle who is marginally okay because he's between a very good LT and a great Center. We squeezed the last year out of Jones who unlike Greene could actually stay on the field. Woody was servicable 2 years ago, he was done last year and our replacement went down in TC.

    We had a much better D 2 years ago and we ran the ball more than any team in football 2 years ago. We were committed to it and matched up against loaded D's that were set up to stop the run. We didn't go to empty backfields all the time so we could go over the top easier out of play action, less decision making for the QB easier throws down the middle of the field.

    We had 3 bad breaks this year. The RT going down, Greene's inability to take the load from LT and Mangold's injury. We needed Sanchez to step up a notch and instead without an allstar cast around him he has shown outright fear to stand in and make throws. He hasn't manned up and that's a fact.

    I can live with it, the guy has to develop but the Jets need much better QB play with this team than they did the last 2 years.

  13. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,817
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Fanecca was 100% better in the run game than Slauson who is a barely servicable tackle who is marginally okay because he's between a very good LT and a great Center. We squeezed the last year out of Jones who unlike Greene could actually stay on the field. Woody was servicable 2 years ago, he was done last year and our replacement went down in TC.

    We had a much better D 2 years ago and we ran the ball more than any team in football 2 years ago. We were committed to it and matched up against loaded D's that were set up to stop the run. We didn't go to empty backfields all the time so we could go over the top easier out of play action, less decision making for the QB easier throws down the middle of the field.

    We had 3 bad breaks this year. The RT going down, Greene's inability to take the load from LT and Mangold's injury. We needed Sanchez to step up a notch and instead without an allstar cast around him he has shown outright fear to stand in and make throws. He hasn't manned up and that's a fact.

    I can live with it, the guy has to develop but the Jets need much better QB play with this team than they did the last 2 years.
    I agree with all of that. But it also doesn't help show why Tebow would be a better QB for this team.

  14. #114
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,858
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    No doubt however a team built to play D and run the ball, like the Jets might well have a better record with that style of play if the alternative is a pass oriented QB who has happy feet in the pocket and can't throw accurately because of it.
    Thats the idea here people.

    Right now our QB is still MR. Turnover finishing up his third year in the league. He is still very inaccurate. He still can't look off defenders, and still locks into one guy.

    Yet all I read is excuses. He needs better receivers (Two superbowl WR's are not good enough). Better Oline(Two All Pro's not enough). Better Coordinator. It is EVERYONES fault on this team except the QB.

  15. #115
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    13,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Thats the idea here people.

    Right now our QB is still MR. Turnover finishing up his third year in the league. He is still very inaccurate. He still can't look off defenders, and still locks into one guy.

    Yet all I read is excuses. He needs better receivers (Two superbowl WR's are not good enough). Better Oline(Two All Pro's not enough). Better Coordinator. It is EVERYONES fault on this team except the QB.
    Being a third year QB isn't an excuse, it's reality. The Jets simply aren't good enough around him to win with a third year QB who still needs to grow up.

  16. #116
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Thats the idea here people.

    Right now our QB is still MR. Turnover finishing up his third year in the league. He is still very inaccurate. He still can't look off defenders, and still locks into one guy.

    Yet all I read is excuses. He needs better receivers (Two superbowl WR's are not good enough). Better Oline(Two All Pro's not enough). Better Coordinator. It is EVERYONES fault on this team except the QB.
    Even if what you say is 100% true, it's no defense for your ridiculous claims about Tebow.

    You've become completely irrational on this QB issue. After the Broncos game you even said that you hoped the Jets lost the remainder of their games so they could try to trade up for Luck.

  17. #117
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,511
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    Thats the idea here people.

    Right now our QB is still MR. Turnover finishing up his third year in the league. He is still very inaccurate. He still can't look off defenders, and still locks into one guy.

    Yet all I read is excuses. He needs better receivers (Two superbowl WR's are not good enough). Better Oline(Two All Pro's not enough). Better Coordinator. It is EVERYONES fault on this team except the QB.
    you make it sound like sanchez has studs all around him. but the right side of the o-line has sucked this year. remember, sanchez had concussion tests after the first game and broke his nose in the 4th game. the running game has been average at best. greene is decent sometimes but is slow and isn't a threat to run after dumpoffs. plax is slow and doesn't get separation anymore and is only in the league b/c he's very tall. they have all of 1 TE who can catch.

    and yet, sanchez is tied for 8th in td passes.

    instead of bashing sanchez, why don't we all look around the league and see how some of the other younger qbs are doing. many are struggling. it's always easier to bash your own. but i don't think many folks liked what they saw out of stafford on thanksgiving. the guy was throwing the same types of picks that sanchez throws.

  18. #118
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,025
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    Being a third year QB isn't an excuse, it's reality. The Jets simply aren't good enough around him to win with a third year QB who still needs to grow up.
    I agree this team has no chance to make it to back to AFC Championship games with this guy as our QB unless they drastically...oh wait, they are already did.

    Yeah, Sanchez needs to get better, but they can with Sanchez, they have proven that they can win 4 road playoff games with him.

  19. #119
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,858
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Even if what you say is 100% true, it's no defense for your ridiculous claims about Tebow.

    You've become completely irrational on this QB issue. After the Broncos game you even said that you hoped the Jets lost the remainder of their games so they could try to trade up for Luck.
    What is rational regarding our QB issue?

    Ive put stats in the thread, listed exactly what Sanchez is doing wrong, and the reasons why he will gone from this team at the end of next year. Most of my post involve quantitative terms that many analyst agree on(Dilfer right on this front page) and many others stated too( holds on ball too long, latching onto one WR, inaccurate, turnovers, poor ball handling, happy feet etc). What is irrational about that? Its just stating the facts. Moreso its just stating the obvious.

    On the other hand others make random excuse, after random excuse about Sanchez. Of the 100 or more responses little have included any stats, facts, or anything analyst are stating. Someone even mentioned Sanchez being the next Drew Brees. Read over the thread, who's being irrational?

  20. #120
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    9,858
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by augustiniak View Post
    you make it sound like sanchez has studs all around him. but the right side of the o-line has sucked this year. remember, sanchez had concussion tests after the first game and broke his nose in the 4th game. the running game has been average at best. greene is decent sometimes but is slow and isn't a threat to run after dumpoffs. plax is slow and doesn't get separation anymore and is only in the league b/c he's very tall. they have all of 1 TE who can catch.

    and yet, sanchez is tied for 8th in td passes.

    instead of bashing sanchez, why don't we all look around the league and see how some of the other younger qbs are doing
    . many are struggling. it's always easier to bash your own. but i don't think many folks liked what they saw out of stafford on thanksgiving. the guy was throwing the same types of picks that sanchez throws.
    Please read the thread title. That was the point of the thread. Tebow has done alot more with less talent then Sanchez.

    And Stafford is about 10000000000 times the QB Sanchez is. I would have put him in the thread but its not fair.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us