Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How good would the Jets be with Tebow?

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithfan View Post
    I think the better question would be --

How good would the Jets be with pass rushers like Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller?

Tebow may be making some plays late, but the Broncos are winning because of defense.
    Dumervil is too small. He'll never be any good. Maybe we could convert him to safety.
    God I wish Shotty took a head coaching job somewhere.

Tebow no no no. Let him stay in Denver Sanchez 10x better.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    Whoa, lowering our standards a bit much, are we, SAR? The Jets BARELY eeeked out a win against one of the most lowly teams in the league at home, and it took an idiotic celebration penalty and 3 dropped passes just to give the Jets a chance, and we're calling this the most important victory of the year over the Buffalo freaking Bills?

Let me respond how you normally would to a fan who celebrates mediocrity from their team-

Let me guess, Mets fan? Hopefully you snap out of it and start demanding excellence from your team, like a good Yankees fan would. A Yankees fan wouldn't be celebrating a 4-3 win in August over the Baltimore Orioles as the most important game of the year, but a Mets fan probably would, in a similar win over the Florida Marlins.

Sure, it's great that the Jets pulled one out of the fire yesterday, but in retrospect, when you think about the game from an unbiased perspective, it was a win against one of the worst teams in the league, and it took damn near every break in the book to get it. At the moment, it was garbage defeating garbage. We need to hope that the Jets can get hot at the end and make another run in the playoffs, but as we sit here now, the Jets are nothing more than mediocore, and if we look back at 2011 and consider the win over the Buffalo Bills as the most important of the year, I have a feeling that this season will have ended in pretty similar fashion to the previous 42 seasons, and that damn well isn't where Yankees fans want to be.
    If you're paying attention you know that the Bills game was close because our defense sucks. Our QB isn't the big worry. The OL and the running game and the offensive coordinator have crippled the kid.

Call me a low standards Mets fan when I start defending the defense, the OC, or the head coach. Not when I defend the quarterback. In one of his most average games he had 4 TD's and a 50% completion rate. I see nothing but upside for a QB who just turned 25, played in 6 playoff games, won 4 of them, and bounces back in seconds from disasters that would have had weaker men curled up in a little ball.

SAR I
    Last edited by SAR I; 11-29-2011 at 08:02 AM.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by KR View Post
    1- No turnovers on offense.

2-He made that running game great.

3-Clutch.

4-Defense rested more. So our defense would be even better.

Its crazy, but Denver is doing what the Jets did two years ago. They are running the ball, and playing good defense with less then half of the talent we have on this team.

If Denver is a playoff team with tebow(it looks like it), how good would we be?
    Remember when Miami was running the Wildcat like crazy? Remember how teams struggled to stop it? Now, they've caught up to it and it's a useless gimmick again like it always used to be. Teams will catch up to Tebow also. He's not that good, and soon we'll see defenses figure him out and he'll be on the bench. He's just not good enough to keep teams honest. Tebow's not winning, that crazy defense is winning the games. No one can score on them. They're a pretty sick defense right now.

How good would the Jets be with pass rushers like Elvis Dumervil and Von Miller?

Tebow may be making some plays late, but the Broncos are winning because of defense.
    yup.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    If you're paying attention you know that the Bills game was close because our defense sucks.
    SAR I
    SAR I The defense hasnt been as good as previous years, but they spend alot of time on the field during the course of the game. Especially with all the 3 and outs and the INTs. I see them as dog ass tired and worn down more than sucking.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    SAR I The defense hasnt been as good as previous years, but they spend alot of time on the field during the course of the game. Especially with all the 3 and outs and the INTs. I see them as dog ass tired and worn down more than sucking.
    I'm down on our entire offense, very disappointed in them.

But not the quarterback.

The OL is filled with beefy veterans with past success.

The RB position has established veteran talent with past success.

The WR position has established veteran talent with much past success.

The TE position is occupied with veteran talent with known suspect blocking ability.

The OC role is occupied by a massive failure.

The QB is dependent upon all these other groups to play well. If we're playing chicken-and-egg here, I say that these other offensive personnel have let us down far, far more than our 25 year old quarterback has. Our OL, RB, WR, and TE's have been in the league a long time, no excuse for their horrific play.

SAR I

Jets Insider VIP
    If you're paying attention you know that the Bills game was close because our defense sucks. Our QB isn't the big worry. The OL and the running game and the offensive coordinator have crippled the kid.

Call me a low standards Mets fan when I start defending the defense, the OC, or the head coach. Not when I defend the quarterback. In one of his most average games he had 4 TD's and a 50% completion rate. I see nothing but upside for a QB who just turned 25, played in 6 playoff games, won 4 of them, and bounces back in seconds from disasters that would have had weaker men curled up in a little ball.

SAR I
    They need to roll Sanchez out... That is how he makes plays... Agree? If so, why don't they do it. It is getting tough watching him drop straight back, totally locked on a reciever.

All Pro

Thank You.

Keep Teebow, and give me Von Miller..... even old man Dawkins

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by GMCJETS View Post
    The O has its issues, but the D spends a lot of time on the field during the course of the game because the D can't get off it.

It's not the O's fault when the D gives up 3rd down conversion after 3rd down conversion. The D got eaten alive by Fitz on 3rd down. The Jets D stopped the Broncos on 3rd down for 55 minutes and then allowed every 3rd down conversion on the final 95 yd drive.

Those 3 & outs you mentioned happened over a span of 2 games. What is the D's excuse for the other 9 games?

The Jets have a minimal pass rush and the worst Safety tandem in the NFL. That has nothing to do with getting worn down.

I think Tebow is awful but the one thing I agree with the OP is this team lacks identity. Denver has become a tough team simply because they have to be. The D knows they have to stop the other team cold, the O knows they are going to run the ball. When the OL and the D have one mission the team has a clear smash mouth identity.

The Jets had that identity in 09 and to a lesser extent last year. It's even less this year as we have a finese short passing game combined with a bend don't break D.

The Jets don't need Tebow but they do need to be a tough punishing team and we really aren't all that this year.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonbiggs View Post
    The Jets don't need Tebow but they do need to be a tough punishing team and we really aren't all that this year.
    BINGO

Jets Insider VIP

SAR I
    Oh my GOD!!!!!! I am actuallly agreeing with you more and more!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LockeJET View Post
    Give me a break!!

Teabag beat the:
    4-7 Chiefs
    4-7 Chargers
    3-8 Dolphins
    6-5 Jets
    He also beat OAK in Palmers 1st game off the couch.
    This is one of those games where if we played 10 times, we would have won the other 9!!

This thread is a joke

Our offense would go from middle of the pack to bottom 3 in the league

Jets Insider VIP
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    This is one of those games where if we played 10 times, we would have won the other 9!!
    On only 3 days rest, on the road in Mile High after a tough SNF game. I doubt we'll see something like that again.

Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    KR has officially lost his mind.
    I hate tebow, and would never want him on my team. But I thought it would be a good conversation for the board.

When u take away the sideshow the broncos are the 2010 jets. They ground and pound and play good defense. They beat a team with only a handful of pass attempts the entire game just running the ball. That's rex's dream.

In terms of being a fraud, I thought so to until they beat us. There gameplan will keep them in every game the way we used to do it. Altho I don't want tebow, it's certainly a good topic. They went from one of the worst teams in the league, and now are better then us

I say that these other offensive personnel have let us down far, far more than our 25 year old quarterback has.
    define "let us down" you expected the team to be 11-0 at this point?

the Jets will get hot, go to the playoffs, and THEN let us down.

All Pro

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Never have I wished the offseason to come as quickly as I do now.

We've got one of the best young quarterbacks in the NFL who is suffering, as we all are, under an atrocious offensive coordinator. Where other QB's would have melted down to the bench, Mark Sanchez stood tall, threw 4 TD's, and led his underperforming team to its most important victory in a year. This happened yesterday. So, yeah, let's opine for Tim Tebow.

Unreal.

SAR I
    I am forced to +1