Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: As per ESPN - Del Rio fired

As per ESPN - Del Rio fired

Can't say I expected a mid-season firing.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

... he blamed his OC for the last 2 losses ...

it was time

l_j_r

Guy knows his game. Let's take a guess, ESPN next? Wonder if he can call offensive plays?

Marcedes Lewis put the final nail in the coffin after dropping that easy TD Sunday

He always has a solid D. If Peyton Manning is expected to be healthy, I could see him in Indy in 2012.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can he play safety?

Can we offer them Schottenheimer?

He should have been. His decision to bench Gabbert on Sunday in favor of Luke McCown (WTF?) in an already-lost season was laughable. It's like he wanted out ASAP.

All Pro
    There was no question he was going to be fired, but I'm a little surprised it happened so soon.

[QUOTE=Austin;4256392]There was no question he was going to be fired, but I'm a little surprised it happened so soon.[/QUOTE]

I was surprised it didn't happen two years ago. Good, the Jags are better off without this hack.

Jets Insider VIP
    Can we offer Shotty and $5MM to let Shotty be their HC?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=GreenWave;4256379]He should have been. His decision to bench Gabbert on Sunday in favor of Luke McCown (WTF?) in an already-lost season was laughable. It's like he wanted out ASAP.[/QUOTE]

talk on local radio is that he was TRYING to get canned....... :huh:

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4256439]I was surprised it didn't happen two years ago. Good, the Jags are better off without this hack.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, lousy coach that somehow found a way to rally a few wins each year to keep the hounds at bey. Puzzling that they would fire him now though. They'll hire an interim from one of the assistants, they will win a couple games under the new dude and then they will foolishly resign the guy for 2 or 3 years.

Is he a defensive or offensive guy? I know Rex knows him from Baltimore.

All Pro
    Let's see if they will interview Schotty for the HC job. Not like they have anything to play for, they will be in LA in 3 years :dunno:

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4256469]Is he a defensive or offensive guy? I know Rex knows him from Baltimore.[/QUOTE]

Well, he was a linebacker in the NFL for about 10 years or so, so I'm guessing he's more of a defensive minded coach.

[QUOTE=FlagmanL11;4256448]Can we offer Shotty and $5MM to let Shotty be their HC?[/QUOTE]

pretty sure they fired him so they can win games.

All League
    Hard to imagine that they invested close to 8 years on the guy

Then again we've had 6 years with Schottenheimer

Del Rio is a good coach. Jacksonville stinks. I don't know if he was in charge of player personnel or not, but that's where the problem is with that team.

This has to be related to the team being sold.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

The Jets would be foolish not to bring in Del Rio for a look-see and work out. If he clears waivers & passes a physical, I say sign this beast.

:clown:

Doyou think this firing was deserved??

I do not. Granted. I didn't know a lot about the Jaguars situation, but I sasw a great HC.

I saw a guy who always fielded a good defense. A guy who always knew how to get his players motivated.

I just think he was a victim of never having a decent QB. Leftwich? Garrard? C'mon...

I do not believe this guy stays on the unemployment line for very long. I think some organization will pick him up as there HC.

I think if he gets a good QB, I think you could easily see him be the HC of the year.