Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Redskins

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

The Redskins

Ok, what can we expect from this team? I know very little about these guys as they are rarely on TV. Is Santana Moss back? I know Stallworth is healthy. Who are their running backs? I know Kerrigan is a pretty productive young defensive player. Is this a team we need to worry about?

Also, are we healthy? Do we get Kerley and LT back? I know Devito is out already.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moss is back now and he should get the Revis treatment. Cro on Gaffney. They have a good TE in Fred Davis, though. Running back Roy Helu is a rookie who is impressive, running and catching. But they start Rex Grossman!

Defense comes after the QB (33 sacks are 3rd most in NFL) -- that kind of scares me. The skins have a pretty good D -- better vs. pass than run.

Not sure if we have Kerley and LT back. Does suck to lose Devito, though

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your words are hurtful frankiepapa. I'm taking the bus, and you will NOT see me at the pancake social tomorrow!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    If our O-Line doesn't build on their effort from Sunday we'll be in trouble.
    WAS has pass rushers and are aggressive. Their offense is inconsistent
    because their QB situation is unsettled and Grossman is Grossman. But
    let's be real unless the Jets play better in all phases they can lose any game

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Redskins?

Fukc them.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the way this team has played the last 3 weeks yes, we should absolutely take the Skins seriously. This is a team with a solid defense and some offensive weapons. Are they a team the Jets should beat? Yes, but this team has a good defense so the Jets really need to play well on both sides of the ball. Don't turn it over!!!!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;4256364]Ok, what can we expect from this team? I know very little about these guys as they are rarely on TV. Is Santana Moss back? I know Stallworth is healthy. Who are their running backs? I know Kerrigan is a pretty productive young defensive player. Is this a team we need to worry about?

Also, are we healthy? Do we get Kerley and LT back? I know Devito is out already.[/QUOTE]

we need to worry about kerrigan and orakpo. our tackles are going to have their work cut out for them. good thing LT is supposed to be back....should help in pass pro.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;4256364]Ok, what can we expect from this team? I know very little about these guys as they are rarely on TV. [/QUOTE]

The Jets are 1-8 all time against the Redskins.

The Jets are 0-8 all time against the Eagles.

The Jets have swept the Dolphins and Bills in the same season exactly 1 time in 41 tries.

Draw your own conclusions.

SAR I

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4256402]The Jets are 1-8 all time against the Redskins.

The Jets have swept the Dolphins and Bills in the same season exactly 1 time in 41 tries.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I don't understand how people can bring up historical W/L statistics when the teams play each other every 4 years. How many players on this current roster played in any of those NFC games? Trends like that have no relevance, an older gentleman like yourself should know that. That's like saying, I've flipped a coin 50 times, and it's been 50 straight heads...so chances are the next flip should be a tails....just wrong, just wrong.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4256368]Your words are hurtful frankiepapa. I'm taking the bus, and you will NOT see me at the pancake social tomorrow![/QUOTE]

+1

lol

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's a little scary because I could see Orakpo and Kerrigan eating us for lunch in terms of a pass rush -- I definitley see a low scoring game.

We really need to stop the run -- if you can stuff them in the running game, and put the game in the hands of the Sex Cannon, he'll make mistakes. I think Rex can definitley confuse him and force him into some turnovers.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4256402]The Jets are 1-8 all time against the Redskins.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

there you have it then. season over.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4256417]It's a little scary because I could see Orakpo and Kerrigan eating us for lunch in terms of a pass rush -- I definitley see a low scoring game.

We really need to stop the run -- if you can stuff them in the running game, and put the game in the hands of the Sex Cannon, he'll make mistakes. I think Rex can definitley confuse him and force him into some turnovers.[/QUOTE]

These are the types of games we have historically lost. I try not to look back but I get that familiar queasy feeling thinking about this game. They lose this game, then we are back to SOJ.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rex Grossman has actually had back to back nice games. The Redskins pass rush has emerged. Santana Moss is back and healthy. Roy Helu has finally been given the reigns to the run game. Good Tight Ends have been killing us (Fred Davis is one of the best right now).

I was confident going into Buffalo. I am much less so against Washington.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    the skins have been playing better, but, the jets are desperate. they know what they have to do. And if they lose, maybe it wasn't meant to be this season. But I am confident going into this game. no reason us fans shouldn't be.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    They have played better the last 2 weeks and have not mailed in the season, so we should expect a good effort from them and an interested home crowd. Grossman is the type of player we should be able to force into turnovers. Their defense could pose problems for us, especially their pass rush. Expect a low scoring game. The key, as always, is to avoid turnovers that let an inferior team hang around.

We should win, but you can never be certain with this team

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Living in Skin's Country, they are the one non-rival, non-AFC team I always desperately want the Jets to beat, and beat big, when we play them.

We never do.

Fully expect history to repeat, and to have another crappy game we lose, so all the D.C. chuckleheads can continue to mock my favorite team as failures, despite being better than the Skins in every way the past decade or so.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    a win

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Redskins have a good defense....they are also susceptible to the big play.

their run defense is OK but their pass rush is stellar.

Offensively, Helu breaks em for yardage at times, frankly mostly in the pass game and Grossman has the ability to kill you for 50 yards then throw 3 picks.

Jets should win this one. key to this game is slowing down the pass rush using misdirection, which actually plays into schitty's hands.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    the angle that the skins are playing better is way overstated.. it took these jokers a month & a half get their last win!! the bills & fins whooped up on em so we should be in SOJF mode just because?? the AFC east will [B]sweep[/B] these dopes.. i believed that before the season started & still do..