Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Sanchez Needs ...

  1. #1
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,724

    Sanchez Needs ...

    Tomlinson and Kerley desperately. When you look at Sanchez stats when
    he throws to them:

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/.../new-york-jets

    The numbers are outrageous, he's completing 84% of his passes to them.
    And both of them are averaging over 10 yards a catch. Obviously he
    uses them as his safety blankets. Let's hope they're back this Sunday

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    8,440
    Before Kerley went down he was playing well and was a safety blanket for Mark on 3rd down. Everytime I looked Kerley was moving the chains, and we all know how valuable LT is to Mark so yea I def agree with the OP's statement.

  3. #3
    No excuse for the pick, but Plaxico ran Kerley's route in Denver that was a pick 6. I think he misses Kerley a lot. He is the only WR that can work the middle efficiently. I am not sure about Tomlinson. I kind of like having to make Greene the workhorse.

  4. #4
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    5,356
    What's the deal with Kerley's injury??

  5. #5
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Agree on both.

    They AT LEAST were able to be there to help Mark and the Jets move the chains going forward instead of backward.




    Of course mark also misses Braylon but that's beside the point.

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Vin View Post
    Agree on both.

    They AT LEAST were able to be there to help Mark and the Jets move the chains going forward instead of backward.




    Of course mark also misses Braylon but that's beside the point.
    +1

    Mark seems like he is not comfortable making certain throws to our current WR's and having LT out just shows how much we need to draft a RB next year. Greene is not a feature back and cannot stay healthy to save his life.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by KRL View Post
    Tomlinson and Kerley desperately. When you look at Sanchez stats when
    he throws to them:

    http://espn.go.com/nfl/team/stats/_/.../new-york-jets

    The numbers are outrageous, he's completing 84% of his passes to them.
    And both of them are averaging over 10 yards a catch. Obviously he
    uses them as his safety blankets. Let's hope they're back this Sunday
    so pretty much were screwed since LT has about what. a year or two left in him

  8. #8
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,716
    Quote Originally Posted by MCreighton13 View Post
    so pretty much were screwed since LT has about what. a year or two left in him
    That's why we need to focus on developing McKnight. We could draft another RB, but McKnight is already a well above-average receiver as far as RBs go.

  9. #9
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    2,724
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    That's why we need to focus on developing McKnight. We could draft another RB, but McKnight is already a well above-average receiver as far as RBs go.
    Agreed, on top of that McKnight seems to run the screen play very well.
    Why we don't run them more often is beyond me

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    1,784
    two words: Logan Payne

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    St. Peter-Ording (Germany)
    Posts
    5,530
    Quote Originally Posted by JB1089 View Post
    That's why we need to focus on developing McKnight. We could draft another RB, but McKnight is already a well above-average receiver as far as RBs go.
    I think McKnight is showing already that he is about to take over for LT as our third down back... we need more from Greene and also Powell on the first two downs though...

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    6,716
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaming Mo View Post
    I think McKnight is showing already that he is about to take over for LT as our third down back... we need more from Greene and also Powell on the first two downs though...
    McKnight did a nice job picking up the blitz on the play where Plax made his one-handed grab. That was a very encouraging sign, and I hope it gives the coaching staff more confidence in him.

  13. #13
    Super*****/Prom Queen
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Italian Riveria in Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    16,016
    All Sanchez needs is................................wait for it.............


    Eye of The Tiger #6, Eye of The Tiger.






  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,426
    Quote Originally Posted by Limolady View Post
    All Sanchez needs is................................wait for it.............


    Eye of The Tiger #6, Eye of The Tiger.





    I dare you to put your finger in there.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us