Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Texans eye Favre in QB search

Texans eye Favre in QB search

Matt Leinartís return to the NFL lasted less than a half, and coach Gary Kubiak said the Texans will sign another quarterback this week, with ó Surprise! ó Brett Favre possibly in the mix.

Jets Insider VIP
    Link?

[url]http://www.boston.com/sports/football/articles/2011/11/29/leinart_done_for_the_season_favre_in_mix/[/url]
    Leinart done for the season; Favre in mix?

“I don’t think you rule out anybody,’’ Kubiak said when asked about Favre specifically. “There are a lot of names being mentioned. I’m not going to rule out anybody, nor confirm anybody.’’

[QUOTE]"Favreís agent, Bus Cook, said last night the Texans have not contacted him about Favre."[/QUOTE]

So pretty much just a writer speculating.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

Does David Garrard not have any interest in playing for a playoff contender with a good defense and running game?

He should be offering his services for free for the chance to resurrect his career. Unless he's eaten himself out of the league in the past 4 months.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4256445]Does David Garrard not have any interest in playing for a playoff contender with a good defense and running game?

He should be offering his services for free for the chance to resurrect his career. Unless he's eaten himself out of the league in the past 4 months.[/QUOTE]

He had back surgery.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=revischrist;4256447]He had back surgery.[/QUOTE]

Makes more sense now - thanks.

If Favre is in any kind of football shape at all he would be a logical choice. Despite all the hate for the guy he still has a big arm and is enough of a vet that he could probably come in and run some kind of offense better than who they have.

All Pro
    Schefter is reporting that they are likely to sign either Jeff Garcia or Jake Delhomme:

[QUOTE]
    @AdamSchefter
    Adam Schefter Texans plan to sign either Jake Delhomme or Jeff Garcia today as a backup for T.J. Yates[/QUOTE]

favre would make the most sense, talent wise, but they probably want no part of the circus

JaMarcus Russell ?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=Lithfan;4256464]Schefter is reporting that they are likely to sign either Jeff Garcia or Jake Delhomme:[/QUOTE]

I think Delhomme would be perfect. Not asked to do too much, somewhat mobile and has been there before. I'm sure he could get used to throwing the ball to Andre Johnson.

Would I want him starting for me week 1? Not at all. But in week 13 with your top 2 guys down? Not a bad option at all.

Chad Pennington!

[QUOTE=Lithfan;4256464]Schefter is reporting that they are likely to sign either Jeff Garcia or Jake Delhomme:[/QUOTE]

I'd go with Garcia since he has more success than Jake did.

Then again, Jake can throw a pretty good deep-ball which is vital for Andre Johnson....

Hmmm.....

Brooks Bollinger

Where's Vinny. He can still sling one from a wheelchair.

Jets Insider VIP

I'd bring in Garcia, Delhomme, and Favre for try outs.

they speculated this on NFLN yesterday.

Favre is not in the mix right now and Favre told NFLN he is not interested. but who knows. we've heard all that before.

[QUOTE=VAJET58;4256619]Where's Vinny. He can still sling one from a wheelchair.[/QUOTE]

Dude, why the wheelchair? :confused:

He'd use a CANE!! ;)

:rotfl: Go ahead and pull gray beard out of retirement! They would be better off with Vinny