Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Double Standards?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4256949]ahh, a man who makes sense...I'm sure not all will allow themselves to admit you are 100% correct[/QUOTE]

The Tea Party crying about 10k and being audited is a good a PR move? They look desperate and they confirm why they do not matter anymore.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4256954]The Tea Party crying about 10k and being audited is a good a PR move? They look desperate and they confirm why they do not matter anymore.[/QUOTE]
    The liberal media are the ones that began the comparison of the unwashed mass of drug addicts and serial non workers to the tea Party. In the first sentence highlighted by the op, it is clearly pointed out that the Tea Party was charged 10k and the other group was allowed to gather and pollute free of charge.

seems a double standard to the naked eye

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4256958]The liberal media are the ones that began the comparison of the unwashed mass of drug addicts and serial non workers to the tea Party. In the first sentence highlighted by the op, it is clearly pointed out that the Tea Party was charged 10k and the other group was allowed to gather and pollute free of charge.

seems a double standard to the naked eye[/QUOTE]

In the end they both do not matter.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4256821]I guess we are only allowed to compare the 2 groups when it fits their agenda? :confused:[/QUOTE]...agenda?...i have to laugh...if the Tea Party did half the disgusting,disturbing things your good time buddies at OWS did,you'd been all over that...come on admit it...admit it now...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4256960]In the end they both do not matter.[/QUOTE]...Tea Party basically changed the makeup of Congress...i think they matter a little...

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4256960]In the end they both do not matter.[/QUOTE]
    I'm not sure of that...the Tea Party has dropped the ball I guess and lost some steam, the ows has every lefty blindly supporting their unknown or fly by night causes. The bottom line is the TP obeys laws, ows only if it suits them, makes it easier for people to chose sides imho.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;4256964]...Tea Party basically changed the makeup of Congress...i think they matter a little...[/QUOTE]

In the end nothing has changed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4256968]I'm not sure of that...the Tea Party has dropped the ball I guess and lost some steam, the ows has every lefty blindly supporting their unknown or fly by night causes. The bottom line is the TP obeys laws, ows only if it suits them, makes it easier for people to chose sides imho.[/QUOTE]

2 different paths and both paths have the same ending. Tea Party vs. OWS is a funny argument, both feel they have accomplished somthing, the OWS has been a global movement and yet the Tea Party claims they matter more? In the end it doesn't matter, they both accomplished nothing because money matters in politics.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4256985]2 different paths and both paths have the same ending. Tea Party vs. OWS is a funny argument, both feel they have accomplished somthing, the OWS has been a global movement and yet the Tea Party claims they matter more? In the end it doesn't matter, they both accomplished nothing because money matters in politics.[/QUOTE]
    ows a global movement? lol they set up shanty towns around a few cities, and trust me they were shanty towns as I ran into several this past fall. They were a bunch of people with nothing to do except stick their hands out. Of course BO built his platform on that so that empowered them.

The Tea Party is a legitimate political party, there really is no comparision...except for demonstrations and they got the short stick.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4256999]ows a global movement? lol they set up shanty towns around a few cities, and trust me they were shanty towns as I ran into several this past fall. They were a bunch of people with nothing to do except stick their hands out. Of course BO built his platform on that so that empowered them.

The Tea Party is a legitimate political party, there really is no comparision...except for demonstrations and they got the short stick.[/QUOTE]

I was speaking on what both of these groups think of themselves. I am not arguing what one is and one is not.

Tea Party is a legitimate political party? Good to know.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4257011]I was speaking on what both of these groups think of themselves. I am not arguing what one is and one is not.

Tea Party is a legitimate political party? Good to know.[/QUOTE]
    the more you know...

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tea_Party_politicians[/URL]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4256981]In the end nothing has changed.[/QUOTE]...depressing response...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4257016]the more you know...

[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Tea_Party_politicians[/URL][/QUOTE]

They all list their party as Republican.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4257036]They all list their party as Republican.[/QUOTE]
    whatever, focus on the minutia to make a point, like every good lib. Avoid the big picture and look for tiny mistake and steer away from the main subject. You both know what I meant.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4257045]whatever, focus on the minutia to make a point, like every good lib. Avoid the big picture and look for tiny mistake and steer away from the main subject. You both know what I meant.[/QUOTE]

Lots and lots has changed since the Republicans with the Tea Party's backing have been in office?

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4257053]Lots and lots has changed since the Republicans with the Tea Party's backing have been in office?[/QUOTE]
    stay focused, this is about the double standard Mr Spin

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This actually makes sense. Who do we try to charge?

1. Decent law abiding ctizens.

2. Crazy, non-bathing anarchists who will most likely tell them to GFY.

No. Brainer. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4257055]stay focused, this is about the double standard Mr Spin[/QUOTE]

Use your mod powers I was laughing at the Tea Party when they claimed they were going to "Change" Washington.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4257053]Lots and lots has changed since the Republicans with the Tea Party's backing have been in office?[/QUOTE]...actually the House has passed lots of legislation that has died in the Senate...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=2foolish197;4257078]...actually the House has passed lots of legislation that has died in the Senate...[/QUOTE]

LOL, please tell me you were laughing as you typed that post. :yes: