Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Double Standards?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4256584]no and the reason why is they don't have an organization. no office, no leadership, no funds. they aren't a political group like the tea party. they are not an organization.

[B]Who are they gonna send the bill to? George Soros[/B]?[/QUOTE]

OK....we agree again.

[QUOTE=cr726;4257161]LOL, please tell me you were laughing as you typed that post. :yes:[/QUOTE]
    [url]http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/10/29/GOP-decries-Democrat-Senate-for-inaction/UPI-72981319892593/[/url]

[QUOTE=bitonti;4256917]politics as in life is not fair

if we grant the Occupy is getting special treatment it could be because 10-20% of people approve of the tea party and 40-50% approve of occupy.[/QUOTE]

Politics may not be. Government [B]must[/B] be - and if it isn't, that should be pointed out and loudly decried.

Only partisan hacks would defend the government not being fair.

[QUOTE=2foolish197;4257215][url]http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2011/10/29/GOP-decries-Democrat-Senate-for-inaction/UPI-72981319892593/[/url][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the laugh. Common sense bills, hysterical.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;4256899]Blinders? Because I do not agree with you, I am blind to what you think and feel, I do not agree with either the TP or the OWS crowds, they are annoying. I do not reside in Richmond nor do I know their politics, but the Chief of Police in Richmond is getting ripped by everyone. I understand what he is going through a lot better than you ever will.

The Tea Party wanted to make an example out of the city of Richmond and how did that work out for them?

P.S. You think I really care what you or Warfish think about me?[/QUOTE]

Yes. Blinders. It's obvious to everyone who reads these boards frequently. You are simply incapable of objectively looking at any issue. What happened in Richmond is plain to see to anyone with half a brain. You won't acknowledge it though, simply because you'd almost be teetering on the side of some people on the right. If it was an Obama rally that had paid for permits and was upset about the double standard, you would undoubtedly be in their corner. Don't even bother with a denial. Everyone knows where you stand. On this issue, and any issue - before you even post.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4256950]lol on what planet are you geting these stats?[/QUOTE]

Plant Bit - an alternative reality in which ten months equals five years and China is the standard for free market economies.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4257445]Yes. Blinders. It's obvious to everyone who reads these boards frequently. You are simply incapable of objectively looking at any issue. What happened in Richmond is plain to see to anyone with half a brain. You won't acknowledge it though, simply because you'd almost be teetering on the side of some people on the right. If it was an Obama rally that had paid for permits and was upset about the double standard, you would undoubtedly be in their corner. Don't even bother with a denial. Everyone knows where you stand. On this issue, and any issue - before you even post.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the police department's side. Rallies are bs I would never side or participate with whomever had a rally. You would because you need to be around others to talk about yourself. :yes:

][QUOTE]Mayor Dwight C. Jones addressing Occupy Richmond.
    Late last night, the city of Richmond, Virginia decided to move and clear out a public park that demonstrators had been using to encamp Occupy Richmond. In doing so, the police decided to first come in with a large group of officers and bulldozers to essentially “erase” the tent camp, in the words of CBS News.
    Police arrived both on foot and om horseback at first and warned that protesters who refused to move from Kanawha Plaza would be arrested. They then proceeded to arrest nine demonstrators. After that was done, police moved in with bulldozers to “coop up the assorted tents, signs, and debris left behind into dump trucks.The operation took more than four hours.”
    As police helicopters hovered overhead and officers moved in for arrests, protesters broke out into song. They sang the old union song, “Solidarity Forever.” Someone captured the scene and uploaded it to YouTube. Watch it:

Occupy Richmond does not plan to give up. After the park was closed for cleaning by the city, the protesters took to the sidewalk instead.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=doggin94it;4257346]
    Only partisan hacks would defend the government not being fair.[/QUOTE]

there's a difference between explaining how the gov't works and defending how it works. the OWS is shaping up to be a global movement the tea party is a regional party.

btw every other day some bone head says the OWS is over they keep closing camps and arresting people but it doesn't seem to be over. Maybe they need more pepper spray huh?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4257573]there's a difference between explaining how the gov't works and defending how it works. the OWS is shaping up to be a global movement the tea party is a regional party.

btw every other day some bone head says the OWS is over they keep closing camps and arresting people but it doesn't seem to be over. Maybe they need more pepper spray huh?[/QUOTE]

They're over. A few desperate stragglers still hanging around. Lame duck losers who accomplished nothing but damage to a handful of small businesses, some fodder for the "news" networks and a waste of tax dollars.

The only people dumber than the ones still hanging around are those that sit at home and think there's any significance to this.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4257573]there's a difference between explaining how the gov't works and defending how it works. [/quote]

If you agree that it's wrong, say so. Nobody here particularly needs the "way of the world" explained to them, nor is it likely that the TP folks who sent that letter are particularly surprised (in fact, it fits squarely into their "the right is under attack by leftists" worldview). Do you agree with them that it's wrong?

If so, why give them the "life isn't fair" response when they call attention to it.

Seriously, Bit . . . take a step back and evaluate how you respond to these things. Reason and logic just have nothing to do with it anymore. All you do, it appears, is check to see which party is on which side of the issue. It's sad.

[QUOTE]
    the OWS is shaping up to be a global movement the tea party is a regional party. [/QUOTE]

I doubt OWS ends up as a global movement (primarily because "global movements" aren't really worth all that much as a practical matter, and can't be coordinated).

[quote]btw every other day some bone head says the OWS is over they keep closing camps and arresting people but it doesn't seem to be over. Maybe they need more pepper spray huh?[/QUOTE]

It's not over; anyone who thinks that closing the camps means the people or the sentiment will disappear are kidding themselves. OWS no more ends when their camps are dispersed than the TP ended when their rallies finished.

The difference is the TP always intended to be a movement that sought to make a practical impact, so it smoothly transitioned from "rally" mode to "elect and legislate" mode. OWS' transition will be bumpier, to say the least - but they'll make it.

[QUOTE=cr726;4256578]Uh oh, see what happens when you want to be considered different, yet they want to be treated the same as the Occupied guys? Make up your mind Tea Party.[/QUOTE]

We don't expect special treatment like these scumbags. They are pigs and smelly like crap!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;4257733]
    It's not over; anyone who thinks that closing the camps means the people or the sentiment will disappear are kidding themselves. OWS no more ends when their camps are dispersed than the TP ended when their rallies finished.

The difference is the TP always intended to be a movement that sought to make a practical impact, so it smoothly transitioned from "rally" mode to "elect and legislate" mode. OWS' transition will be bumpier, to say the least - but they'll make it.[/QUOTE]

What exactly is the sentiment? A bunch of complaints that are nothing new to the rest of us that have been paying attention all this time?

You can't transition anywhere if you don't have a platform to transition on. You can't transition without leadership. You can't transition without goals. Without any answers.

I witnessed this first hand. It was just a bunch of people who pride themselves on activism for the sake of activism. They're satisfied with what they've done. They'll move on to their next nonsensical project that includes anything but taking ownership of their problems.

[QUOTE=jetswin;4257045]whatever, focus on the minutia to make a point, like every good lib. Avoid the big picture and look for tiny mistake and steer away from the main subject. You both know what I meant.[/QUOTE]

Actually, I think there is a point there. I think the TP has hijacked the real Republican Party.

There used to be a pretty decent GOP that stood for some things. Now, as best as I can tell they have a platform of 2 things, and 2 things only.

1. No taxes ever
    2. Defeat Obama

That's it. And if you want to be a Republican...but NOT a TP member...well you're screwed, they will come after you as if you were a flaming liberal. It doesn't seem like a Party to me.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4258051]Actually, I think there is a point there. I think the TP has hijacked the real Republican Party.

There used to be a pretty decent GOP that stood for some things.[/QUOTE]

You miss the GOP of George W. Bush? The untax and spend philosophy?

[QUOTE=FF2®;4258051]
    Now, as best as I can tell they have a platform of 2 things, and 2 things only.

1. No taxes ever
    2. Defeat Obama

That's it.
    [/QUOTE]

Someone clearly hasn't been watching the GOP debates, or paying attention at all to politics, really. This above is the same old lazy recycled liberal rhetoric. Might want to pay attention when these folks are discussing Iran, Pakistan, health care, the debt, immigration, etc., etc.

[QUOTE=FF2®;4258051]
    And if you want to be a Republican...but NOT a TP member...well you're screwed, they will come after you as if you were a flaming liberal. It doesn't seem like a Party to me.[/QUOTE]

The two leading GOP nominees have never been associated with the TP.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4258064]You miss the GOP of George W. Bush? The untax and spend philosophy?

Someone clearly hasn't been watching the GOP debates, or paying attention at all to politics, really. This above is the same old lazy recycled liberal rhetoric. Might want to pay attention when these folks are discussing Iran, Pakistan, health care, the debt, immigration, etc., etc.

The two leading GOP nominees have never been associated with the TP.[/QUOTE]

No you have to go way back futher than Bush for a good GOP.

The subject was whether the TP is an actual party. Someone said they were. I must have missed their stance on Pakistan, health care, the debt, immigration, etc., etc. :huh:

Can you point me to their platform on these issues?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4258069]No you have to go way back futher than Bush for a good GOP.

The subject was whether the TP is an actual party. Someone said they were. [B]I must have missed their stance on Pakistan, health care, the debt, immigration, [/B]etc., etc. :huh:

Can you point me to their platform on these issues?[/QUOTE]

Clearly you have missed it. By choice. Keep gobbling up the rhetoric, though. That's much easier than paying attention and forming your own opinions.
    Last edited by JetPotato; 11-30-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4258082]Clearly you have missed it. By choice. [/QUOTE]

lolz...

Translation: No taxes and defeat Obama like FF2 said. :D

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4258069]No you have to go way back futher than Bush for a good GOP.

The subject was whether the TP is an actual party. Someone said they were. I must have missed their stance on Pakistan, health care, the debt, immigration, etc., etc. :huh:

Can you point me to their platform on these issues?[/QUOTE]

The Tea Party isn't a political party it is a political movement.

[URL]http://www.teaparty.org/about.php[/URL]

[QUOTE]
    [COLOR=#3158b5]What is the Tea Party?
    [/COLOR]
    The Tea Party is a grassroots movement that calls awareness to any issue that challenges the security, sovereignty, or domestic tranquility of our beloved nation, the United States of America. From our founding, the Tea Party represents the voice of the true owners of the United States: WE THE PEOPLE.

Many are credited to be the founders of this movement; however, it was the brave souls of the men and women in 1773, known today as the Boston Tea Party, who dared to defy the greatest military might on earth. We are the beneficiaries of their courage.

The Tea Party includes those who possess a strong belief in the foundational Judeo-Christian values embedded in our great founding documents. We believe that the responsibility of our beloved nation is entrenched within the hearts of true American Patriots from every race, religion, national origin, and walk of life who share a common belief in the values which made and keep our beloved nation great. This belief led to the creation of the modern-day Tea Party. Many Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, and Independents alike identify with the premises set forth by the Tea Party Movement, which is striking a chord and ringing true with the American Spirit.

We stand by the Constitution as inherently conservative. We serve as a beacon to the masses that have lost their way, a light illuminating the path to the original intentions of our Founding Fathers. We must raise a choir of voices declaring that America must stand on the values that made us great. Only then will the politically blind see and deaf hear!

By joining the Tea Party, you are taking a stand for our nation. You will be upholding the grand principles set forth in the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights.

[COLOR=#3158b5]15 Non-negotiable Core Beliefs
    [/COLOR]
    [B]1. Illegal aliens are here illegally.
    [/B]
    2. Pro-domestic employment is indispensable.

[B]3. A strong military is essential.
    [/B]
    4. Special interests must be eliminated.

5. Gun ownership is sacred.

6. Government must be downsized.

[B]7. The national budget must be balanced.

8. Deficit spending must end.

9. Bailout and stimulus plans are illegal.

10. Reducing personal income taxes is a must.

11. Reducing business income taxes is mandatory.

[/B]12. Political offices must be available to average citizens.

13. Intrusive government must be stopped.

14. English as our core language is required.

15. Traditional family values are encouraged.
    [/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Trades;4258098]15. Traditional family values are encouraged.[/QUOTE]

lolz....that one always makes me laugh. What traditions? When?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4258105]lolz....that one always makes me laugh. What traditions? When?[/QUOTE]

Does it make you laugh as hard as the two fictional ones you and FF believe are on that list that aren't?