Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Double Standards?

[QUOTE=2foolish197;4256656]...ur wrong...they do have offices and an organization and funds and lawyers ...but lets say they don't...so they have more of a moral authority to protest than anyone else?...[/QUOTE]

Obviously you are correct but bit is a commie so hard to argue.
    Either they have an organization or not. If yes, bill them. If no, it's unlawful assembly - disperse them.
    BTW, what ever happened to vagrancy laws - a nice little way to arrest people.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4256636]So I'll ask again, how SHOULD these two very similar issues have been handed by the City in question...[/QUOTE]

Pepper spray.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4256612]Sure. Who should they mail the tax bill to?[/QUOTE]

Simple: if there is no one to bill, and no permits granted, then there should have been no port-o-johns set up to begin with. Just arrests for unlawful gathering.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4256636]The OWS "General Assembly", obviously

Being a group that claims it's led "by the voice of all the people equally" does not immune them from the law or the usual civic requirements and red tape, does it?

If a group doesn't elect a formal CPA tresurer, they cannot be asked to pay fees or get appropriate permissions?

And the law is rather clear on this I believe, if they don't pay, and don't get permission, and don't go through the usual Govt. mandated stuff, they can and are evicted or stopped from protesting/marching/etc., right?

So I'll ask again, how SHOULD these two very similar issues have been handed by the City in question, whilst maintining equal treatement under the Law and not showing preferential treatment to one group over the other, simply because one group actully obay'd the law?

Are you suggesting we should reward lawlessness and anarchy, simply because it's too ahrd to figure out whom to invoice, and following the rules and evicting them looks bad?[/QUOTE]

Avoiding the question as usual. As a practical matter, where do you send the invoice? :confused:

Jets Insider VIP
    I would start with sending it to the following address where they are collecting donations. Any other questions?

[URL]http://occupyrva.org/[/URL]

[CENTER][B]Send Donations to:[/B]
    OCCUPY RICHMOND
    3126 W CARY ST # 442
    RICHMOND VA 23221 [/CENTER]

[QUOTE=Trades;4256736]I would start with sending it to the following address where they are collecting donations. Any other questions?

[URL]http://occupyrva.org/[/URL]

[CENTER][B]Send Donations to:[/B]
    OCCUPY RICHMOND
    3126 W CARY ST # 442
    RICHMOND VA 23221 [/CENTER][/QUOTE]

Your gonna need a PO# on that.

[QUOTE=FF2®;4256722]Avoiding the question as usual. As a practical matter, where do you send the invoice? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Lol, a little projection there FF?

I'll answer yours if you answer mine, fair? Well, I know you won;t, but I'll answer anyway.

As a "practical matter", permission such as this is not "invoiced". It must be requested, and permission and fees paid, in advance, or it's not permitted. I.e. the gathering is unlawful, not supported by public infrastructure, and the illegal gatherers are asked to disperse, and are arrested for refusal.

As a "practical matter", the organization (and there is in fact an OWS organization) is the responsible party as organizer.

As a "practical matter", in the worse case, you have an officer walk right up to the middle of their "General Assembly" and inform the group of the requirements and fees, and that failure to follow the rules means theri gathering is illegal.

So I've given you three "practical matters" answers, but in truth we don't need to go much beyond the first one.

So FF, as I've asked youm, how do you handle it then? Let me guess (cause I've seen this from you before), you're answer is "exactly how they handled it" amirite?:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, I must be the dumbest fool on thsi forum for keeping you and cr off my ignore list.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FF2®;4256750]Your gonna need a PO# on that.[/QUOTE]

Took it right from their website. I assume if we can send money there it would be the correct place to ask for money as well.

Based on the responses in this thread, I am quite confident in answering the question in the title

[B][SIZE="7"][CENTER][U]YES[/U][/CENTER][/SIZE][/B]

[QUOTE=Warfish;4256759]In all seriousness, I must be the dumbest fool on thsi forum for keeping you and cr off my ignore list.[/QUOTE]

**** it, problem solved.

Changed my bookmark for JI to show only the Main Forums, and placed cr and FF on ignore.

This forum and partaking in it is a pointless pit of fail, and I finally need to get around to showing some of that wonderful personal responsabillity I always preach when it comes to avoiding it.

Enjoy the head-vs-brick walls, folks.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4256759]In all seriousness, I must be the dumbest fool on thsi forum for keeping you and cr off my ignore list.[/QUOTE]

Finally we agree.

But back to the original matter. The Tea Party has an obligation to pay as per the law. Amirite? Are they exempt?

Try to answer with warble-gorbling about OWS.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4256771]**** it, problem solved.

Changed my bookmark for JI to show only the Main Forums, and placed cr and FF on ignore.

This forum and partaking in it is a pointless pit of fail, and I finally need to get around to showing some of that wonderful personal responsabillity I always preach when it comes to avoiding it.

Enjoy the head-vs-brick walls, folks.[/QUOTE]

This again?

See ya in a week. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=FF2®;4256779]Finally we agree.

But back to the original matter. The Tea Party has an obligation to pay as per the law. Amirite? Are they exempt?

Try to answer with warble-gorbling about OWS.[/QUOTE]

They paid all of 2011 and since the event in question occurred in 2010, they want an answer as to why the city robbed them when it obviously isn't required they pay for permits, police presence, toilets, etc...

Tax payers foot the bill for all rallies and protests in Richmond.

Yay free sh!t!!!

[QUOTE=cr726;4256639]Please stop trying to pretend you understand the law, you obviously do not. Thanks in advance..:yes:[/QUOTE]

Brother CR, do you not see this audit as a form of "payback" and retribution? It is blatant. Why must you play the contrarian? As a member of law enforcement I would expect that you pick up on the point the OP is making.

[QUOTE=Warfish;4256771]**** it, problem solved.

Enjoy the head-vs-brick walls, folks.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I'm hurt! Don't forget your lotion.

[IMG]http://www.lotionsource.com/products/designer_skin/designer_skin_drama_queen_500.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=cr726;4256795]LOL, I'm hurt! Don't forget your lotion.

[IMG]http://www.lotionsource.com/products/designer_skin/designer_skin_drama_queen_500.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

LOLz.

[QUOTE=FF2®;4256722]Avoiding the question as usual. As a practical matter, where do you send the invoice? :confused:[/QUOTE]

You don't send an invoice, you send in fine officers like 32green to arrest the lawbreakers who failed to get a proper permit and defecate in public.

[QUOTE=Ernie;4256797]arrest the lawbreakers who failed to get a proper permit and defecate in public.[/QUOTE]

Oh they had terlets...

Tax payers made sure of it. :yes:

Yay free terlets!!!

[QUOTE=Ernie;4256792]Brother CR, do you not see this audit as a form of "payback" and retribution? It is blatant. Why must you play the contrarian? As a member of law enforcement I would expect that you pick up on the point the OP is making.[/QUOTE]

What does law enforcement have to do with the audit? What is the Tea Party worried about? They are the people who are for fiscal repsonsibility and therefore should not have any worries about any type of audits coming there way. I find it comical how they cry they are different and when they are treated different they get upset.

[QUOTE=Ernie;4256797]You don't send an invoice, you send in fine officers like 32green to arrest the lawbreakers[/QUOTE]

32 is more of a surveillance kinda guy. Didn't get out of the car much. Ask him, stories, he's got them. Oh yes.