Thread: Suh gets two games

Suh gets two games

Should have been more:

[URL="http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Ndamukong-Suh-Detroit-Lions-NFL-suspension-two-games-for-stomping-incident-112911"]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Ndamukong-Suh-Detroit-Lions-NFL-suspension-two-games-for-stomping-incident-112911[/URL]

Source: NFL suspends Suh two games
    Share This Story

Jay GlazerSenior NFL Writer Jay Glazer is one of NFL's top insiders. In addition to providing breaking news, columns and video, he appears weekly on FOX NFL Sunday. Visit Jay's exclusive page for hot scoops and watch MMAthetics and The After Party.
    MORE>> Updated Nov 29, 2011 11:29 AM ET
    The Detroit Lions have been informed by the NFL league office that star defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has been suspended by commissioner Roger Goodell for two games without pay for his "unsportsmanlike conduct" in a Thanksgiving Day game, FOXSports.com has learned.

The ruling is a straight two-game suspension without any stipulation by the league that Suh has to go through any sort of anger management counseling. He still may be required to go per the team's advice, but counseling will not be required.

Suh was ejected during the third quarter of his team's 27-15 Week 12 loss to the Packers after scuffling with guard Evan Dietrich-Smith, then stomping on Dietrich-Smith's right arm as he got up to walk away.

Suh will be allowed to appeal the punishment, and if he does there would likely be an expedited hearing before this week's game (Sunday night vs. New Orleans). According to the NFL, under the current CBA the suspension may be appealed within three business days. If appealed, an expedited hearing and decision would take place this week in advance of this weekend’s games.

Suh has previously been fined three times in his brief NFL career for a total of $42,500 for illegal hits on quarterbacks.

The incident came just weeks after the 24-year-old Suh met face-to-face with NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in an effort to gain a better understanding of the league's policy on illegal hits.

The official NFL statement released Tuesday morning notes that it was Suh’s fifth violation of on-field rules in the past two seasons that has resulted in league discipline.

"Playing professional sports ... is a profession with great responsibility, and where performance on and off the field should never be compromised," Suh wrote on his Facebook page .

"I want to reiterate my commitment to working to become a better player, and professional -- on and off the field. My reaction on Thursday was unacceptable."

NewsCore contributed to this report.

It's not like he stomped on someones face.

Absurd...$75k for the "F" word and $50k for maybe ending someones career?????

Absurd...$75k for the "F" word and $50k for maybe ending someones career?????

What a complete joke the "COMMISH" IS!!!!!!!!

Where is the supposed parody for protecting players in the NEW NFL?

Ridiculous.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4256652]It's not like he stomped on someones face.[/QUOTE]

or repeatedly slammed their head into the ground......

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ssp242;4256658]A[B]bsurd...$75k for the "F" word and $50k for maybe ending someones career?????[/B]

Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Well you have to remember that he does not get paid for those two weeks as well. I think his game checks are around $82,000 per game, so the fine is actually over 200K when its all said and done.

should have been a 4 gamer.

what was the haynesworth suspension a few years ago? wasn't it 5 games??? similar incident.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4256700]should have been a 4 gamer.

what was the haynesworth suspension a few years ago? wasn't it 5 games??? similar incident.[/QUOTE]

+1

Goodell doesnt want to ruin the feel good story of the Lions this year. If that was a Jet player im sure the penalty would be alot more.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ssp242;4256658]Absurd...$75k for the "F" word and $50k for maybe ending someones career?????

Ridiculous.[/QUOTE]j

What, the 'parody' is right there! Can't you see it?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4256767]j

What, the 'parody' is right there! Can't you see it?[/QUOTE]

lol - I was going to point out that that's either a very intelligent pun, or a dopey spelling mistake. ;)

Today's lesson is..........

Parody - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster ...
    [url]www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parodyCached[/url] - Similar
    2. : a feeble or ridiculous imitation. — pa·rod·ic ...

As in a ridiculous or feeble imitation as is the COMMISH alleges he is protecting players and his fine of 50k(loss of per game salary excluded) compared to espousing the "F" word at 75k is 25K more than attempting to injure a player? A ridiculous or feeble imitation of protecting players when you fine someone 50% more for uttering the F bomb. Where is the parity?(1par·i·ty
    noun \ˈper-ə-tē, ˈpa-rə-\
    : the quality or state of being equal or equivalent

Most people thought it would be a two game suspension.

They will miss him next week against Brees and the Saints

He needs counseling. These incidents will keep happening until he gets it.

The two game suspension was fine. This wasn't the same as the Haynesworth incident. Gurode's helmet was off and Haynesworth stepped on his face.

All League
    Instead of suspending him, they should make him live in Detroit.

[QUOTE=JB1089;4257216]He needs counseling. These incidents will keep happening until he gets it.

The two game suspension was fine. This wasn't the same as the Haynesworth incident. Gurode's helmet was off and Haynesworth stepped on his face.[/QUOTE]

The thing that strikes me as odd is that he just doesn't seem to understand when he does something that's out of line. He was caught on camera telling his coach after the stomp incident that it was "bull****" that he was being ejected. I mean, really? I get the feeling that Schwartz is telling him to keep playing the way he plays instead of trying to get him to stop.

Veteran
    I know he likes to rip helmets off QB's and has a bad track record but c'mon. He barely connected with the dudes arm and it looked like he was trying to kick out of a hold. Everyone's blowing this way outta' proportion

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=ssp242;4256908]Parody - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster ...
    [url]www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/parodyCached[/url] - Similar
    2. : a feeble or ridiculous imitation. — pa·rod·ic ...

As in a ridiculous or feeble imitation as is the COMMISH alleges he is protecting players and his fine of 50k(loss of per game salary excluded) compared to espousing the "F" word at 75k is 25K more than attempting to injure a player? A ridiculous or feeble imitation of protecting players when you fine someone 50% more for uttering the F bomb. Where is the parity?(1par·i·ty
    noun \ˈper-ə-tē, ˈpa-rə-\
    : the quality or state of being equal or equivalent[/QUOTE]

lol, good job. You are a rare poster.

And no, I don't mean rair. Rare. ;):D

All Pro
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4257325]The thing that strikes me as odd is that he just doesn't seem to understand when he does something that's out of line. He was caught on camera telling his coach after the stomp incident that it was "bull****" that he was being ejected. I mean, really? I get the feeling that Schwartz is telling him to keep playing the way he plays instead of trying to get him to stop.[/QUOTE]

Part of the problem is Jim Schwartz. He allows his players to play this way. Remember, he came from the Tennessee Titans. A team that was the dirtiest, cheap-shot hitting team in the NFL until Detroit took that title. When they played the Jets last year I saw at least a dozen late hits and chop-blocks from them.

I think the NFL needs to investigate Schwartz's coaching style and start holding him accountable for his players actions on the field.

All Pro
    Part of the problem is Jim Schwartz. He allows his players to play this way. Remember, he came from the Tennessee Titans. A team that was the dirtiest, cheap-shot hitting team in the NFL until Detroit took that title. When they played the Jets last year I saw at least a dozen late hits and chop-blocks from them.

I think the NFL needs to investigate Schwartz's coaching style and start holding him accountable for his players actions on the field.

[QUOTE=petejet;4256665]or repeatedly slammed their head into the ground......[/QUOTE]

What were the Packers olineman doing there. First Suh slamming one of their olineman head in the ground numerous times. Second he gets up and steps on the guy. Yet all we see is Packers Olineman throwing their hands up like I have no problem with you. Someone has to kinock him on his arse there or get in his face at the very least.