Thread: Indianapolis Colts fire coach

Jets Insider VIP

Indianapolis Colts fire coach

Per ESPN - The Colts have fired Coach Larry Coyer, defensive coordinator, after allowing a league worst 29.7 points per game.

Looks like Caldwell found a scapegoat.

What a chicken s hit move. Wait until the end of the season, then clean house, Caldwell included.

nice thread title ...

...agreed...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4256776][B]What a chicken s hit move.[/B] Wait until the end of the season, then clean house, Caldwell included.[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Peyton Manning may be an excuse this year....but he didn't play defense. Caldwell has no offense and no defense....and also no wins.

All League
    Mods please change this misleading thread title! :mad:

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4256780]nice thread title ...[/QUOTE]

LOL. I thought it was Caldwell, too.

All Pro
    Caldwell deserves to be next...

[QUOTE=Flaming Mo;4256794]Caldwell deserves to be next...[/QUOTE]
    Why? He id exactly what owner wanted.
    Delivered great QB for the next 15 years.

I think if I was Caldwell I would be ok with getting the ax today. He will most likely get axed after the season anyway. He will also get paid the remainder of his contract. If he got canned today at least he could spend the holidays with his family.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Its nothing but smoke screen. They need to appear like they are actually trying. They are looking for a scape goat to justify Suck for Luck.

Jets Insider VIP
    Mods please change the thread title even though the Indianapolis Colts fired a coach today. Some people can't open threads and read. Change it to include the position of the coach (defensive coordinator), his name (Larry Coyer), the league the Colts are in (NFL) the state where Indianapolis is located (Indiana) ....to make sure no one is confused. :)

Irsay waited 24 hours to locate Manning. Once Manning signed off, the axing was quick and painless. Besides consulting Archie, Irsay also contacted Peyton Manning. At this time, it is unclear if both Mannings granted approval

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Redrew;4256834]Irsay waited 24 hours to locate Manning. Once Manning signed off, the axing was quick and painless. Besides consulting Archie, Irsay also contacted Peyton Manning. At this time, it is unclear if both Mannings granted approval[/QUOTE]

I hope this is a joke

...but I'd give it 60% probability of being true.

No one in Indy can take a crap without Manning's approval it seems. :eek:

[QUOTE=jetstream23;4256813]Mods please change the thread title even though the Indianapolis Colts fired a coach today. Some people can't open threads and read. Change it to include the position of the coach (defensive coordinator), his name (Larry Coyer), the league the Colts are in (NFL) the state where Indianapolis is located (Indiana) ....to make sure no one is confused. :)[/QUOTE]

Because your intention obviously wasn't to try and make people think you were talking about Caldwell. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=petejet;4256812]Its nothing but smoke screen. They need to appear like they are actually trying. They are looking for a scape goat to justify Suck for Luck.[/QUOTE]

Justify to whom? It was reported this Sunday that the Colts told Manning they will be drafting a QB in the upcoming draft, and that he was okay with it.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4256930]Justify to whom? It was reported this Sunday that the Colts told Manning they will be drafting a QB in the upcoming draft, and that he was okay with it.[/QUOTE]

If they go 0-16 without any changes the media will rip them apart and accuse tehm of tanking the season on purpose. As it is Orslovsky is now starting this week.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=petejet;4256931]If they go 0-16 without any changes the media will rip them apart and accuse tehm of tanking the season on purpose. [/QUOTE]
    So?

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

The Jets would be foolish not to bring in Coyer for a look-see and work out. If he clears waivers & passes a physical, I say sign this beast.

:clown: