Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: #36 speaks about fans...

Veteran

#36 speaks about fans...

Jim Leonhard came to the defense of quarterback Mark Sanchez during a radio spot earlier today, taking exception to the fans who booed Sanchez during pregame introductions on Sunday.

"I think we have a great crowd,Ē Leonhard said during a weekly radio visit with WFAN 660. "I think probably for one of the first times, I was kind of disappointed. Our starting quarterback gets booed in introductions. ... Thatís frustrating when ... as players, you kind of turn to each other and say, 'You know what? I guess weíre in this one today by ourselves. We canít rely on the crowd to give us that energy because itís already started off on a bad note.'

"So I will say that this past weekend was really the first time that Iíve been kind of frustrated going into a game, which is bad."

Sanchez was also booed off the field on two notable occasions Sunday, when passes to Santonio Holmes fell incomplete and it looked as though the receiver was running a completely different route than the quarterback expected.

Leonhard said he understands the frustration from fans and that the players feel it as well. However, winning games requires a home crowd to be behind a team, Leonhard said.

"We're all frustrated. It's not just you guys," Leonhard said. "The players are frustrated as well. The coaches are frustrated. The only way we can right some of these wrongs is by going out and winning games. We just want that crowd to have our back, which we know they do. But (if) they're not going to give us the benefit of the doubt sometimes, we got to go out there and prove it week in and week out at home as well."

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/11/jim_leonhard_criticizes_jets_f.html[/url]

All League
    You don't go to the game to boo your own QB before the first snap. Stay home

[QUOTE=BRONX JET;4257012]You don't go to the game to boo your own QB before the first snap. Stay home[/QUOTE]

agreed. have some boo etiquette. people who boo [I]before[/I] a game when their team is still in the playoff hunt are the same miserable people who complain all day at work or how nothing ever goes right for them. have some freakin optimism ... it makes you feel better!

[QUOTE=BRONX JET;4257012]You don't go to the game to boo your own QB before the first snap. Stay home[/QUOTE]

Seriously...if you can't wait a few minutes until AFTER Sanchez throws 4 incompletions on his first 4 passing attempts you really shouldn't come to the games.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

agree

I don't want to hear I payed my money, I listen to a row of guys *****ing from the opening whistle every week behind me, it's painful. Why would you even go to games if you hate everything about the team that much.

The fact that the most successful QB the team has had since it won a Super Bowl is getting booed before his third season is over is ridiculous.

ftr I did not notice the boos during announcements but after the pick it was awful.
    Last edited by jetswin; 11-29-2011 at 03:46 PM.

Practice Squad
    I just boo after the 3 and outs....

Jets Insider VIP
    he's right

too many SOJFs attending games

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Kotch;4257025]Seriously...if you can't wait a few minutes until AFTER Sanchez throws 4 incompletions on his first 4 passing attempts you really shouldn't come to the games.[/QUOTE]

question, SOJF Benignoramus

what is Mark Sanchez' W-L record as the starting QB for the NYJ since 2009, regular season and postseason?

All League
    personally, i never boo but understand why some people do. however, i don't understand booing before the game even starts. it's not like the team is winless.

Maybe it lit a fire under his ass, this is ny.

I agree that it's poor form to boo players prior to the start of a game...had no idea our fans did that. Another reason why Jets fans are among the worst in the country.

But, I also agree with this point from Leonhard:

[B]But (if) they're not going to give us the benefit of the doubt sometimes, we got to go out there and prove it week in and week out at home as well."[/B]

Fans shouldn't boo during warmups, but I think it's also on the players to put a product on the field to be proud of. In the previous two weeks, the Jets were an anemic, boring offense combined with a defense that was tough in spots but unable to make any stops when it counted.

Fans are paying money to watch you play a game - give them a reason to cheer.

Veteran
    Attention "home fans": Every time you feel the urge to boo Mark or the offense as a whole...chant "Fire Schotty" instead. That would serve a purpose. The vast majority of home Jet fans are either permanently traumatized or just plain stupid.

All Pro
    I have no problem booing when your team does something terrible. Stinking isn't acceptable in New York.

But booing during introductions is terrible. It's like we don't want him to succeed.

Leonhard is right, if the Def was introduced he should have been booed out of the place for missing the goal line tackle in Denver that could have ended the winning drive. Or boo Eric Smith for that retarded blitz....

[QUOTE=sg3;4257029]he's right

too many SOJFs attending games[/QUOTE]

You are seriously angry for someone who has only been following the Jets since the Rex era started.

the boos during the game are for schotty.

did not get to my seat in time to see intros but i would never boo pre game

the fact that this fanbase has turned on Sanchez so quickly after the promising first 2 years of his career is disgusting....it's actually pathetic.

I did not know fans were booing Sanchez during intros. That's honestly laughable. I guess Jets fans have just been so overwhelmed with elite QB play over the last 40 years that they boo the guy who holds the franchise record for playoff wins in his first 2 seasons.

It's honestly embarassing.

Get a grip Jets fans...Your Sanchez hate is out of control and it shows a distinct lack of understanding of the game.

but dont worry....keep the booing the team during intro's and demoralize them...that way we can stop them from gaining any steam and can ***** all offseason.

yayyyy.

[QUOTE=TurkJetFan;4257047]the fact that this fanbase has turned on Sanchez so quickly after the promising first 2 years of his career is disgusting....it's actually pathetic.

I did not know fans were booing Sanchez during intros. That's honestly laughable. I guess Jets fans have just been so overwhelmed with elite QB play over the last 40 years that they boo the guy who holds the franchise record for playoff wins in his first 2 seasons.

It's honestly embarassing.

Get a grip Jets fans...Your Sanchez hate is out of control and it shows a distinct lack of understanding of the game.

but dont worry....keep the booing the team during intro's and demoralize them...that way we can stop them from gaining any steam and can ***** all offseason.

yayyyy.[/QUOTE]

+11111111111111111

Sanchez hasn't even had a bad year. He has 21 total freaking TDs this year.

[QUOTE=Chupa;4257056]+11111111111111111

Sanchez hasn't even had a bad year. He has 21 total freaking TDs this year.[/QUOTE]

but but but Sanchez sucks!!!:rolleyes:

give me a break....like i said last week, give sanchez a pocket and he's fine...then boom he throws 4 TD's against Buffalo.

but don't worry....the SOJF Sanchez haters are finding ways to hate him...in fact there's a thread on sanchez taking a snap instead of waiting for the 2 minute warning...

it's not like coaches sent him in a play or anything...

but yeah, sanchez sucks....ran a play before the 2 minute warning, 4 TD's be damned.

All Pro
    I heard that interview today and you can hear in his voice the displeasure and that he was also glad he could say something about it.

I can remeber back in 1995 we lost to Carolina at Carolina with the Bubby Brister shovel pass. It was the franchises first win ever. The next week we are home. The team comes out of the tunnel for pre-game warm ups and as the team runs out the stadium was booing. That was probably the only time they warranted a pre-game boo.