Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts from the Sanchez Michael Kay Interview today

Undrafted Free Agent

Thoughts from the Sanchez Michael Kay Interview today

To me, it really seems like Sanchez is less than pleased with his receivers right now. He declined to comment on who he was pissed off during the game but did concede there were at least a couple times he was really heated at somebody during the game. He insinuated rather indirectly but I thought obviously that receivers are not properly running routes.

He even said he missed Kerley and LT because they would hit their field "land marks" perfectly (hence he completes 85% of passes to them). He says Kerley strives for perfection.

Now Sanchez no doubt makes bonehead plays, but I'm not sure Santonio and Plax are really playing the way they should.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=LeonTheCat;4257267]To me, it really seems like Sanchez is less than pleased with his receivers right now. He declined to comment on who he was pissed off during the game but did concede there were at least a couple times he was really heated at somebody during the game. He insinuated rather indirectly but I thought obviously that receivers are not properly running routes.

He even said he missed Kerley and LT because they would hit their field "land marks" perfectly (hence he completes 85% of passes to them). He says Kerley strives for perfection.

Now Sanchez no doubt makes bonehead plays, but I'm not sure Santonio and Plax are really playing the way they should.[/QUOTE]

Excellent Post Gannon made the same observation during the game on Sunday.....

But I still blame Sanchez why the heck isn't he out there throwing the ball and then running down field along side of his WRs telling them where they are supposed to be!!!

I mean come on [B][SIZE="2"]MAN[/SIZE][/B]; Sanchez is being paid enough he should be able to do his job the OL job, the RBs job and the WR job all at the same time!!!!!:D
    Last edited by Charlie Brown; 11-29-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    JI Staff Photographer

Thanks for the summary. Sanchez is not the problem. People seem to forget that the line has to block, the receivers have to run their routes properly and get separation, and the running game has to be effective to work the play-action. Sure, Mark makes mistakes, but a lot of the mistakes made by the rest of the offense aren't so obvious, other then penalties, dropped passes & fumbles.

Jets Insider VIP
    What did you think about the show bringing up Hasselbeck's comment to Sanchez? What a bunch of crock! They talk about how hard it must be to hear criticisms, then they go and tell Sanchez what Hasselbeck said (not that I or he should give a **** what he says)...the media they are all the same, just looking for a good story.

On another note, Sanchez said how much he liked the rollouts and how it gave him a better view of the field for him being on the shorter side of QB's.

He sounded very disappointed with the game on Sunday.

All Pro
    Just curious what did hasslback say?

These guys aren't listening correctly.

Hasselbeck said: I haven't heard that he's at the facility studying all the time.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=R. Tyme;4257280]What did you think about the show bringing up Hasselbeck's comment to Sanchez? What a bunch of crock! They talk about how hard it must be to hear criticisms, then they go and tell Sanchez what Hasselbeck said (not that I or he should give a **** what he says)...the media they are all the same, just looking for a good story.

On another note, Sanchez said how much he liked the rollouts and how it gave him a better view of the field for him being on the shorter side of QB's.

He sounded very disappointed with the game on Sunday.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmmm if Sanchez thinks roll outs are a good thing and we see how well they can work [B][SIZE="2"]CONSTANTLY [/SIZE][/B]during a game, see Drew Breese, then why don't we ever do them????!!!

Yea its the QB...:rolleyes:

I remember the one 3rd down play he threw a 5 yard out and Tone was running 10 yards downfield. He looked pretty pissed after that. I'm not sure if that's who he was talking about but it sounds like it may be.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southside;4257286]These guys aren't listening correctly.

Hasselbeck said: I haven't heard that he's at the facility studying all the time.[/QUOTE]

I didn't hear what Hasselbeck said, but if you quoted him correctly, then it is a criticism questioning Sanchez' work ethic.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Scoop24;4257283]Just curious what did hasslback say?[/QUOTE]

(paraphrasing) That he wondered if Sanchez was putting in as much as he should studying and preparing at the facility or going out to dinner in the city at night. This is how the Michael Kay show put it, I don't know the exact quote from Hasselbeck but that was the insinuation they threw at Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=R. Tyme;4257293](paraphrasing) That he wondered if Sanchez was putting in as much as he should studying and preparing at the facility or going out to dinner in the city at night. This is how the Michael Kay show put it, I don't know the exact quote from Hasselbeck but that was the insinuation they threw at Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to bug you, but what was Sanchez's response to that?

All Pro
    Lol this can't be serious. Everything we hear about Sanchez is he has a great work ethic.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=SMC;4257297]Sorry to bug you, but what was Sanchez's response to that?[/QUOTE]

As usual he took the high road, saying he respected him and that was his opinion

idk if anyone remembers this, but on hard knocks namath was in the film room making a few gripes about how the receivers were not running their routes hard enough during practice and how it was throwing off the timing of the play. Maybe there is more truth to that then we think.

All Pro
    I didn't see Sanchez get heated on the sideline but was there anyone around him that heb was directly talking to or was he by himself showing extreme frustration?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=R. Tyme;4257302]As usual he took the high road, saying he respected him and that was his opinion[/QUOTE]

And after the call--Kaye said said that is NOT an opinion.

Said Hasselback can be of the opinion that Sanchez isn't very good or will never be good--but to say someone isn't putting in the work isn't an opinion--it's a direct indictement.

Rex says he's at the facility more than any other player--and I believe Rex.

That's all we've heard about Mark.

Gym rat.

_

All League
    [QUOTE=LeonTheCat;4257267]To me, it really seems like Sanchez is less than pleased with his receivers right now. He declined to comment on who he was pissed off during the game but did concede there were at least a couple times he was really heated at somebody during the game. He insinuated rather indirectly but I thought obviously that receivers are not properly running routes.

Now Sanchez no doubt makes bonehead plays, but I'm not sure Santonio and Plax are really playing the way they should.[/QUOTE]

SANTONIO.

HOLMES.

Santonio is pissed about his role on offense and it is showing in his route running/performance.

Don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to figure that **** out.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Pavilion;4257311]I didn't see Sanchez get heated on the sideline but was there anyone around him that heb was directly talking to or was he by himself showing extreme frustration?[/QUOTE]

The incident talked about, he was directly talking to someone. He wouldn't budge an inch revealing what happened or who he was talking to. He did mention he was heated a few times during the game (again wouldn't say why or at whom)

[QUOTE=JStokes;4257314]And after the call--Kaye said said that is NOT an opinion.

Said Hasselback can be of the opinion that Sanchez isn't very good or will never be good--but to say someone isn't putting in the work isn't an opinion--it's a direct indictement.

Rex says he's at the facility more than any other player--and I believe Rex.

That's all we've heard about Mark.

Gym rat.

_[/QUOTE]

seriously.

you can question many things about Sanchez in his young career, but never his work ethic.

this is the guy who after a PRESEASON game, went to lift as soon as he got off the plane at 5:30 in the morning because he wasn't happy with his performance.

give me a ****ing break :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    The Drew Brees talk needs to stop. Sanchez can't hit the broad side of a barn. Brees can hit a hummingbird. Only thing they has in common is they play the same position