Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Money well spent?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetswin;4258162]Are you presenting China, the world's leading indescriminate polluter and user of fossil fuels, as something to admire? not very lib like.[/QUOTE]

I simply stated what countries are investing in solar technologies. I'm liberal compared to the rightwing lunatics on here. :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4258186]I simply stated what countries are investing in solar technologies. I'm liberal compared to the [B]rightwing lunatics[/B] on here. :yes:[/QUOTE]

Riiiiiiiiight.

All two or three of them :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4258219]Riiiiiiiiight.

All two or three of them :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

You feel better now? I voted for GW Bush, I must be a horrible liberal.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love this thread. A bunch of libs defending crony capitalism. This is great stuff. Keep it going. Bit, what other companies should Obama give money to? I hear that the segway is going to replace cars as the next big means of transportation. Should taxpayers toss them a cool billion? Also i heard that gas lawn mowers pollute the environment. There is a company that just came up with a new innovation called the green mower. It used human pushing power to cut the grass without any harmful emissions. As a bonus the grass clippings fall to the ground and become fertilizer rather than wastefully bagging it and sending to the dump. This is cutting edge technology. They should get some Obama money too right???

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4258228]You feel better now? I voted for GW Bush, I must be a horrible liberal.[/QUOTE]

I don't think I've ever called you a lib.

I certainly don't troll your talking points with party lined rhetoric either...

Not sure why you don't extend the same courtesy around here...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4258240]I love this thread. A bunch of libs defending crony capitalism. This is great stuff. Keep it going. Bit, what other companies should Obama give money to? I hear that the segway is going to replace cars as the next big means of transportation. Should taxpayers toss them a cool billion? Also i heard that gas lawn mowers pollute the environment. There is a company that just came up with a new innovation called the green mower. It used human pushing power to cut the grass without any harmful emissions. As a bonus the grass clippings fall to the ground and become fertilizer rather than wastefully bagging it and sending to the dump. This is cutting edge technology. They should get some Obama money too right???[/QUOTE]

Is it fun pretending that the current Administration is the first Administration to invest in techology? You wonder why no one takes the Tea Party seriously, they refuse to achknowledge real life sh#t.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4258002]Where does Iraq fit into your argument?[/QUOTE]

Where does Afghanista, Lybia and others fit your arguments. These are Obama's wars not Bush. BTW Bush said he would be out by 2011. I guess Obama is going along with the Bush Doctrine!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4258292]Is it fun pretending that the current Administration is the first Administration to invest in techology? You wonder why no one takes the Tea Party seriously, they refuse to achknowledge real life sh#t.[/QUOTE]

Oh hey, another shocking reference to the Tea Party, which once again has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

And once again, thanks for taking a stance on the original point of the thread.

No blinders here. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4258292]Is it fun pretending that the current Administration is the first Administration to invest in techology? You wonder why no one takes the Tea Party seriously, they refuse to achknowledge real life sh#t.[/QUOTE]

Link? Curious as to which previous administrations gave money to private companies and under what authority.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4258240]I love this thread. A bunch of libs defending crony capitalism. [/QUOTE]

if the gov't makes a loan, and gets that money back, there's nothing crony about it. it's capitalism.

the way i see this thread, there's a bunch of right wingers crying about a deal that hasn't gone south yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4258372]Link? Curious as to which previous administrations gave money to private companies and under what authority.[/QUOTE]

Really, even if that evidence existed, what does it matter? Shouldn't the discussion be whether or not we support what the current administration is doing and whether or not they should get the chance to do it in a second term?

No! Tea Party wharglebargle!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4258372]Link? Curious as to which previous administrations gave money to private companies and under what authority.[/QUOTE]

Turn on C-SPAN and find out for yourself. Read a newspaper or some transcripts. Don't ask me to do your homework because the guy you cheated off last week gave you a stupidlysimplistic and inaccurate answer.

:alien:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4258376]if the gov't makes a loan, and gets that money back, there's nothing crony about it. it's capitalism.

the way i see this thread, there's a bunch of right wingers crying about a deal that hasn't gone south yet.[/QUOTE]

When government gives preferential treatment to private companies based on an ideological agenda or worse donors influences that is crony capitalism. Whether or not the money is completely lost is besides the point. This type of behavior is unacceptable regardless of the party affiliation because it encourages corruption. That you are here defending it is funny for me but in a way it's sad.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4258397]When government gives preferential treatment to private companies based on an ideological agenda or worse donors influences that is crony capitalism. .[/QUOTE]

welcome to America. Enjoy our hamburgers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4258413]welcome to America. Enjoy our hamburgers.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to Barack's progressive America. I haven't seen examples of this type of blatant cronyism before.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chiefst2000;4258421]I haven't seen examples of this type of blatant cronyism before.[/QUOTE]

Haliburton?
    Corn subsidies?
    Earmarks?

Crony capitalism has become a staple of modern American politics, and it started well before the current Administration.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4258393]Turn on C-SPAN and find out for yourself. Read a newspaper or some transcripts. Don't ask me to do your homework because the guy you cheated off last week gave you a stupidlysimplistic and inaccurate answer.

:alien:[/QUOTE]

LOL

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=parafly;4258434]Haliburton?
    Corn subsidies?
    Earmarks?

Crony capitalism has become a staple of modern American politics, and it started well before the current Administration.[/QUOTE]

I don't remember other guys telling every Tom, Dick and Harry that would listen that they were going to completely abolish crony capitalism... Re-configure Washington... HOPE! HOPE! HOPE! CHANGE! CHANGE! CHANGE!

Change you can believe in, for sure :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4258449]I don't remember other guys telling every Tom, Dick and Harry that would listen that they were going to completely abolish crony capitalism... Re-configure Washington... HOPE! HOPE! HOPE! CHANGE! CHANGE! CHANGE!

Change you can believe in, for sure :yes:[/QUOTE]

No doubt, hope and change was a complete and utter fail.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4258368]Oh hey, another shocking reference to the Tea Party, which once again has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

And once again, thanks for taking a stance on the original point of the thread.

No blinders here. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Captain Cherry Pick.... Means a lot coming from you AKA "THE ALL KNOWING"