Thread: WILD-CARD

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

WILD-CARD

[CENTER][B][SIZE="6"][COLOR="Navy"]WILD CARD LEADERS[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/CENTER]
    [SIZE="5"][COLOR="Black"]1. STEELERS

record 8-3
    conf 6-3

cincy
    clev
    @ san fran
    st. louis
    @clev[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR="SandyBrown"]

[B][SIZE="5"]2. CINCY

record 7-4
    conf 6-3

@ pitt
    texans
    @ st. louis
    cards
    ravens[/COLOR]
    [B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkOrange"][/SIZE][/B]

3. BRONCOS

record 6-5
    conf 6-3

@ minn
    chicago
    N.E.
    @ buff
    kc[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE="5"][COLOR="DarkGreen"]4. JETS

record 6-5
    conf 5-5

@ wash
    KC
    @ philly
    giants
    @ miami[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]
    we trail all these teams in the wildcard, we lose the head to head with broncos & most likely lose the conf record in tiebreaks with pitt ... cincy we need them to lose to pitt & balt, as well as the texans if the can get a qb ... would be a close battle on tiebreakers if this happens

broncos still have chicago & new england home ... and in buff ... we lose a head to head tiebreak with them ... but despite all the tebow love expect them to fade

... thus ...

looks like it comes down to cincy vs. nyj for #6 playoff spot ... think we have to go 5 - 0

go steelers this weekend!

comments?

thx,

l_j_r[/SIZE][/B]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]I[/COLOR][/SIZE]'[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR="red"][SIZE="4"]s[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR="Green"][SIZE="3"]ay i[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]f we wi[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"]n out n[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"]one of tha[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR="Orange"][SIZE="4"]t will mat[/SIZE][/COLOR]ter.[/B]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cincy, Tenn and Denver were are brutal wins this past weekend.

_

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tebow bless you!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just win out and hope for the best.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Tim Tebow doesn't want the Jets for the playoffs.
    Playoff teams are not ones like these.
    Don't expect the Jets to fly
    Down the stretch they will die
    Don't ever ask for wins out of this team.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVHJrpwD97I[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's too early to be thinking specific scenarios.

It's important to look at the big picture in the sense that we know we can't afford to lose, especially to a bad team.

Right now, we just have to beat the Redskins

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4258382]Cincy,[B] Tenn [/B]and Denver were are brutal wins this past weekend.

_[/QUOTE]

You would need to tip the hat to Hasselbeck for leading them to a 6-5 record at this point. I can't believe they might get in. Amazing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks LJR....

This is what football is all about!!

Im anxious to see how the Texans perform with their "QB" situation....
    I know they have a run game, but their chances must have taken a big hit.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    ... thanks for the replies! ...

[QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4258380][B][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Green"]I[/COLOR][/SIZE]'[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Red"]d[/COLOR][/SIZE] [COLOR="red"][SIZE="4"]s[/SIZE][/COLOR][COLOR="Green"][SIZE="3"]ay i[/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Magenta"]f we wi[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Purple"]n out n[/COLOR][/SIZE][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Black"]one of tha[/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR="Orange"][SIZE="4"]t will mat[/SIZE][/COLOR]ter.[/B][/QUOTE]

... unfortunately this may not be true ...

... if cincy goes 4 -1 we lose the tiebreaker with them ...

(assuming they take st louis & az cards ... we need them to lose 2 of 3 to pitt, ravens & texans ... guess we'll know a lot more if they are legit or not based on how they perform @ pitt this weekend ... i know i'm now choking on my initial reaction to leinhart going out being to laugh)

l_j_r
    Last edited by lamont_jordan_rules; 12-01-2011 at 07:20 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Austin;4258467]It's too early to be thinking specific scenarios.

It's important to look at the big picture in the sense that we know we can't afford to lose, especially to a bad team.

Right now, we just have to beat the Redskins[/QUOTE]

+1

Right now I'm looking at Wash and KC as the season. Win those two and the picture will likely be much clearer with only 3 games left to play.

Don't win them, and things will be pretty bleak, but don't forget we made the playoffs in a year even our COACH thought the season was over (with a bit of luck, of course;))

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    But, the year our coach declared our season was over, we got in at 9-7. That ain't gonna do it this year.

Anyone know about Polamalu's status for the game with Cincy this weekend?

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Doesn't matter, this group is not going to win the SB, not now anyway.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4258857]Anyone know about Polamalu's status for the game with Cincy this weekend?[/QUOTE]

[url]http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/player/troy-polamalu/140433[/url]

Wed. Nov 30, 2011 Source: RotoWire Subscribe
    News: Polamalu (head) didn't practice Wednesday, ESPN.com reports. [-]
    Impact: That said, coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that Polamalu's injury would be a "non-issue" this week with regards to the safety's availability for Sunday's game against the Bengals.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Apache 51;4258862]Doesn't matter, this group is not going to win the SB, not now anyway.[/QUOTE]

Probably not, but did Packer fans expect to win the SB last year after dropping consecutive games to Det & NE to fall to 8-6? Or in 2005 when the Steelers lost 3 straight to fall to 7-5, did they expect to get to the SB? In 2008, Arizona lost 4 out of 5 before winning their last game to sneak into the playoffs and they still got to the Super Bowl.

I am not giving up on the season when we are 1 game out of the last playoff spot with 5 games to go.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4258883]Probably not, but did Packer fans expect to win the SB last year after dropping consecutive games to Det & NE to fall to 8-6? Or in 2005 when the Steelers lost 3 straight to fall to 7-5, did they expect to get to the SB? In 2008, Arizona lost 4 out of 5 before winning their last game to sneak into the playoffs and they still got to the Super Bowl.

I am not giving up on the season when we are 1 game out of the last playoff spot with 5 games to go.[/QUOTE]

The difference is the Packers fans knew they had a top QB. IMO the only thing that could possibly make us a superbowl contender this season is if Sanchez suddenly has a light bulb go off and starts balling.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4258884]The difference is the Packers fans knew they had a top QB. IMO the only thing that could possibly make us a superbowl contender this season is if Sanchez suddenly has a light bulb go off and starts balling.[/QUOTE]

If the Jets are to make a run, its not just Sanchez, the whole team is going to have to play better and more consistently. Honestly, I do not expect this team to make the playoffs this year, but that doesn't mean I am giving up on the season with a month left to play. Other teams have turned their seasons around late - this team can too.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4258885]If the Jets are to make a run, its not just Sanchez, the whole team is going to have to play better and more consistently. Honestly, I do not expect this team to make the playoffs this year, but that doesn't mean I am giving up on the season with a month left to play. Other teams have turned their seasons around late - this team can too.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but I also don't believe we're superbowl contenders without a big jump at QB.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4258887]I agree, but I also don't believe we're superbowl contenders without a big jump at QB.[/QUOTE]

At this stage, I am just worried about the playoffs - if they find a way to get in, then I maybe I will think Super Bowl. But I do agree with you - if the QB doesn't play better, the season ends in Miami on New Years Day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4258857]But, the year our coach declared our season was over, we got in at 9-7. That ain't gonna do it this year.

Anyone know about Polamalu's status for the game with Cincy this weekend?[/QUOTE]

He didn't declare us "out" because we had 7 losses -- he thought we were done because of the records of teams around us.

If we lose a game coming up, we have a shot at 10-6. That probably won't be enough, but until we're MATHEMATICALLY out, it's pointless to talk about "ruined seasons" . . .