Thread: I wish Kerley was still hurting

All Pro

I wish Kerley was still hurting

Not because i don't like the player,but because I have already determined that he is a keeper.What i am curious about is the continued use and extended look at Patrick Turner,a 23yr old 6'5" 230lb blocking WR who is improving.We need a younger option opposite Holmes than the 50yr old plax.

I don't want to draft a big name receiver with Holmes making the kind of money he is.Kerley is the slot.and Holmes is the #1.We need a cheaper BIGGER #2.Turner offers what we should be looking for.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4258596]Not because i don't like the player,but because I have already determined that he is a keeper.What i am curious about is the continued use and extended look at Patrick Turner,a 23yr old 6'5" 230lb blocking WR who is improving.We need a younger option opposite Holmes than the 50yr old plax.

I don't want to draft a big name receiver with Holmes making the kind of money he is.Kerley is the slot.and Holmes is the #1.We need a cheaper BIGGER #2.Turner offers what we should be looking for.[/QUOTE]

Rex seems to like both Turner and Logan Payne. Turner is really blocking well. Rex said that after the Buffalo game. Payne is excellent on specials. I think we will be OK without drafting an expensive receiver. in fact I think Turner is very capable of liting it up.

I do like Plax because of his blocking and catching ability. His catch on Sunday was miraculous. I think he provides veteran leadership while Holmes doesn't. I want to see what Riley brings to the team also.

So you're saying you want Kerley to stay hurt? Have you heard about Kerling yet?

[youtube]kn58LZNq3o8[/youtube]

That whole episode isn't the best of the Jetways but the Kerling part had me laughing out loud for like 2 solid minutes.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4258603]Rex seems to like both Turner and Logan Payne. Turner is really blocking well. Rex said that after the Buffalo game. Payne is excellent on specials. I think we will be OK without drafting an expensive receiver. in fact I think Turner is very capable of liting it up.

I do like Plax because of his blocking and catching ability. His catch on Sunday was miraculous. I think he provides veteran leadership while Holmes doesn't. I want to see what Riley brings to the team also.[/QUOTE]

I have no problem with the way plax is playing,I just want a younger option.I remember getting plum near curse out 2 yrs ago when i said the Jets should trade Cotch.This yr we released him and got nothing.This team needs to make moves before they're force to make a move.

Here's a hint.

Justin Keller.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;4258619]I have no problem with the way plax is playing,I just want a younger option.I remember getting plum near curse out 2 yrs ago when i said the Jets should trade Cotch.This yr we released him and got nothing.This team needs to make moves before they're force to make a move.

Here's a hint.

Justin Keller.[/QUOTE]

The Jets have traditionally held on to older players too long. Cumar was an example. We could have traded him and got something for him just before he retired. There have been many more guys we held onto too long. Shawn Ellis is another. Marvin Jones, etc

I do not believe that Killer-Keller will be going anywhere for several years. The guy has hurt us with big drops in earlier seasons but he seems to be better this year. If we traded him we would have to seek a replacement forthwith. He is really all we have at the moment. I am interested in seeing what Cumberland brings to the equation next year. I am not a big Keller fan either.

Not many teams will want PLAX for big bucks thus limiting our options with him re a trade. I do not remember how long his contract is for. I do not see him with us in two years.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Plax only signed for this year

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4258624]The Jets have traditionally held on to older players too long. Cumar was an example. We could have traded him and got something for him just before he retired. There have been many more guys we held onto too long. Shawn Ellis is another. Marvin Jones, etc

I do not believe that Killer-Keller will be going anywhere for several years. The guy has hurt us with big drops in earlier seasons but he seems to be better this year. If we traded him we would have to seek a replacement forthwith. He is really all we have at the moment. I am interested in seeing what Cumberland brings to the equation next year. I am not a big Keller fan either.

Not many teams will want PLAX for big bucks thus limiting our options with him re a trade. I do not remember how long his contract is for. I do not see him with us in two years.[/QUOTE]

Keller's contract is coming up along with Shonn Greene and a few others. I don't see what Keller does that Cumberland can't and maybe that's why the Jets are working out so many TEs.Shonn Green should pray that Bilal Powell is a bust.

[QUOTE=Tinstar;4258635].Shonn Green should pray that Bilal Powell is a bust.[/QUOTE]

he will be.

I don't see why you guys think drafting a WR would be so expensive. If we drafted in the first round (late teens is where we stand as of right now), we can use Prince Amukamara's contract as a guide to what we can expect to pay. Amukamara's contract is 4 years $8m, most of it guaranteed. With this we finally (hopefully) get a stud at the position that could open the defense up a bit and someone that can finally grow in our system. Even if we keep Plax, the youngin could learn behind him and won't be forced into the fire. Drafting is a MUCH cheaper option than going to FA, looking for an established vet and I hope the FO goes this route. Imagine Michael Floyd on this team?!:eek::yes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sogreedy23;4258644]I don't see why you guys think drafting a WR would be so expensive. If we drafted in the first round (late teens is where we stand as of right now), we can use Prince Amukamara's contract as a guide to what we can expect to pay. Amukamara's contract is 4 years $8m, most of it guaranteed. With this we finally (hopefully) get a stud at the position that could open the defense up a bit and someone that can finally grow in our system. Even if we keep Plax, the youngin could learn behind him and won't be forced into the fire. Drafting is a MUCH cheaper option than going to FA, looking for an established vet and I hope the FO goes this route. Imagine Michael Floyd on this team?!:eek::yes:[/QUOTE]

Imagine if Holmes,Kerley and Sanchez play up to their potential.2 of the aforementioned players are not.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=nycuse;4258642]he will be.[/QUOTE]

Dude,you can stop hating,he,s no longer a cuse killer,he's a Jet.

[QUOTE=Tinstar;4258596]Not because i don't like the player,but because I have already determined that he is a keeper.What i am curious about is the continued use and extended look at Patrick Turner,a 23yr old 6'5" 230lb blocking WR who is improving.We need a younger option opposite Holmes than the 50yr old plax.

I don't want to draft a big name receiver with Holmes making the kind of money he is.Kerley is the slot.and Holmes is the #1.We need a cheaper BIGGER #2.Turner offers what we should be looking for.[/QUOTE]

LOL, you are so programmed to losing that you are already playing for the future. Pretty sad. Did you see the catch Plax made this past week? there is zero chance Turner makes that play. Once the Jets are mathematically eliminated I will support your idea of giving the younger players like Turner more snaps, but until then, we want the best players on the field and the players more likely to give the Jets a chance to win each game.

As for Cotchery, if they would have tried to trade him a couple of years ago they would have gotten nothing more than a 5th. no one was ever giving up much for a guy like Cotchery. Look at what the Jets gave up to get Holmes and Braylon who were both better and younger than Cotch.

PS you belong here [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61[/url]

This might be a thought to support, if Holmes was putting up #1 numbers this year. Patrick Turner hasn't yet shown the ability to get separation from one-on-one coverage, so if Turner is the #2, what's to stop teams from just rolling double coverage to Holmes' side every play?

Santonio might not catch 60 passes this year - what's going to happen if the guy across from him is even less threatening than the guy that's there now?

If Keller was living up to his potential and Holmes was grabbing 5-6 catches a game, then this might make sense. But what you're proposing is going to make an atrocious offense even weaker.

There's a reason Turner doesn't have 10 catches or a TD in his 3-year career yet. It's because being 6'5 230 doesn't automatically make you a Burress-type threat in the red zone, or anywhere else on the field for that matter. Can he develop? Sure. But the Jets shouldn't pass up the opportunity to bring in a talent like Floyd because he might cost a few million more as an instant starter than Turner would cost as a #4 trying to improve.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=revischrist;4258658]LOL, you are so programmed to losing that you are already playing for the future. Pretty sad. Did you see the catch Plax made this past week? there is zero chance Turner makes that play. Once the Jets are mathematically eliminated I will support your idea of giving the younger players like Turner more snaps, but until then, we want the best players on the field and the players more likely to give the Jets a chance to win each game.

As for Cotchery, if they would have tried to trade him a couple of years ago they would have gotten nothing more than a 5th. no one was ever giving up much for a guy like Cotchery. Look at what the Jets gave up to get Holmes and Braylon who were both better and younger than Cotch.

PS you belong here [url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61[/url][/QUOTE]

You misunderstand.I am happy with Plax and excited that Kerley is returning because he gives us something that Turner can't in the slot.I just wanted to see what Turner could do with extended playing time.Plax Made a great catch as did Keller on his catch down the sidelines.The throw is what made those
    catches so spectacular thou.Did those passes have to be so difficult.

P.S. I love the Draft,but i only scout QB .

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4258603]Rex seems to like both Turner and Logan Payne. Turner is really blocking well. Rex said that after the Buffalo game. Payne is excellent on specials. I think we will be OK without drafting an expensive receiver. in fact I think Turner is very capable of liting it up.

I do like Plax because of his blocking and catching ability. His catch on Sunday was miraculous. I think he provides veteran leadership while Holmes doesn't. I want to see what Riley brings to the team also.[/QUOTE]
    Plax has been playing very well of late, no more rust like he had at the start of the season. Hope we keep him for another year

Yeah, let's give up on our TE we drafted in the first round. This has fail written all over it. Keller is a beast and a matchup problem. Just because our coordinator and QB can't get him the ball more consistently doesn't mean we should drop him.

[QUOTE=Tinstar;4258664]You misunderstand.I am happy with Plax and excited that Kerley is returning because he gives us something that Turner can't in the slot.I just wanted to see what Turner could do with extended playing time.Plax Made a great catch as did Keller on his catch down the sidelines.The throw is what made those
    catches so spectacular thou.Did those passes have to be so difficult.

P.S. I love the Draft,but i only scout QB .[/QUOTE]

For the record, i think that we should let Keller walk when he asks for big money as a free agent. He is a really nice TE, but he is not elite and will get overpaid as a FA.

[QUOTE=Tinstar;4258654]Dude,you can stop hating,he,s no longer a cuse killer,he's a Jet.[/QUOTE]

for the last decade.....who hasnt been a cuse killer?

[QUOTE=revischrist;4258673]For the record, i think that we should let Keller walk when he asks for big money as a free agent. He is a really nice TE, but he is not elite and will get overpaid as a FA.[/QUOTE]

agree. dont want to pay elite money for a te that cant seperate and is an above average reciever.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=nycuse;4258683]agree. dont want to pay elite money for a te that cant seperate and is an above average reciever.[/QUOTE]

Why not, we are already paying elite money for a WR that isn't much better than your average reciever.

I agree we need to draft a #1 reciever to replace Plax. With a #1 beside him Holmes can get some production.