Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 12/1: Few Practice Notes: Sanchez teammates clap during practice, Tom Moore, etc.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

12/1: Few Practice Notes: Sanchez teammates clap during practice, Tom Moore, etc.

Tweets from practice:

[QUOTE]RichCimini Rich Cimini
    A new wrinkle: Every time Sanchez completes a ball in passing drill vs. no defenders, teammates clap three times. No boos here. #Jets
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]DWAZ73 Dennis Waszak Jr.
    Tomlinson and Kerley in drills again at practice; Kerley returning punts. Both appear ready to go. DeVito off to side w/trainers. #Jets
    [/QUOTE]

RT @JennyVrentas Offensive consultant Tom Moore is at practice today. #nyj
    [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]ConorTOrr Conor Orr
    DeVito (knee) joins Ducasse (knee) and Simmons over with the training staff. #Jets
    [/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Really? Clapping in practice after completions against air? SMH

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4259150]Really? Clapping in practice after completions against air? SMH[/QUOTE]

Meh. Teammates will do what they need to in order to show support and solidarity...

It's a good thing.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's becoming apparent that Mark's confidence has been shaken more than we know. I really do. So, they're showing support and trying to build him up.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The run begins.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it's for both Sanchez and even moreso the receivers. With the way Rex was speaking yesterday during the press conference, he seemed to throw a lot of blame at the receivers.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4259150]Really? Clapping in practice after completions against air? SMH[/QUOTE]

We use to do that stuff in high-school. Sometimes you have to go back to basics.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4259154]Meh. Teammates will do what they need to in order to show support and solidarity...

It's a gay thing.[/QUOTE]

Whatever makes you sleep at night I guess. Sanchez better have much thicker skin than needing this crap to stroke his ego if he wants to be successful as the NYJ's QB.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=DDNYjets;4259169]We use to do that stuff in high-school. Sometimes you have to go back to basics.[/QUOTE]

This isn't high school. These are grown men playing in the media capital of the world.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4259170]Whatever makes you sleep at night I guess. Sanchez better have much thicker skin than needing this crap to stroke his ego if he wants to be successful as the NYJ's QB.[/QUOTE]

You're lost on this one.

Just let it go.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it is really clear now that Sanchez's usual armor in terms of handling the expectations of the area has started to show kinks. He sounds more and more defeated and probably feels like he can't fix everything but refuses to blame anyone else. He is the only player Rex will hold accountable for anything and I think that Sanchez has realised it and feels abused not just by the media but by his coach. He isn't around Rex on the sideline like he used to be. This show of solidarity might be the small thing he needs to get his confidence back.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    holy crap, you guys are too much

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Further clarification on Tom Moore-- his visit was scheduled:

Tom Moore here at #Jets practice. Was a scheduled visit. Usually works as consultant from his home.
    [/QUOTE]

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=lovethejets;4259147]DWAZ73 Dennis Waszak Jr.
    RT @JennyVrentas Offensive consultant Tom Moore is at practice today. #nyj[/QUOTE]

+1000000

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4259172]This isn't high school. These are grown men playing in the media capital of the world.[/QUOTE]

If by grown you mean tall and heavy, then yes.
    If by grown you mean mature, then no.

They play a game. After I complete a report, I should do a dance then slam dunk it into my colleague's cube.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4259154]Meh. Teammates will do what they need to in order to show support and solidarity...

It's a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Whats not a good thing is that Sanchez may need such coddling at this stage of his career.

If it works, great. But it's not what I'd call a sign of confidence from Sanchez. Like it or not, being boo'd is a part of sports. Great players cannot be thin-skinned, and let it get to them.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4259192]Agreed.

Whats not a good thing is that Sanchez may need such coddling at this stage of his career.

If it works, great. But it's not what I'd call a sign of confidence from Sanchez. Like it or not, being boo'd is a part of sports. Great players cannot be thin-skinned, and let it get to them.[/QUOTE]

No argument here.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JFB;4259191]If by grown you mean tall and heavy, then yes.

They play a game. After I complete a report, I should do a dance then slam dunk it into my colleague's cube.[/QUOTE]

Why not? It would certainly make HIS day a bit less dull. :D

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JFB;4259191]If by grown you mean tall and heavy, then yes.
    [/quote]
    It seems odd to me because Sanchez always seemed like a thick skinned guy to me. Who knows?

[quote]
    They play a game. After I complete a report, I should do a dance then slam dunk it into my colleague's cube.[/QUOTE]
    That would be totally awesome if you did that. Please have someone youtube it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a good thing.[/QUOTE]

Let's all fly down to Washington and boo the hell out of the defense, they need something to rally around far more urgently than our QB.

SAR I