Thread: Santonio Holmes - In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins)

All Pro

Santonio Holmes - In the Air Tonight (Phil Collins)

Not sure if this was brought up, but I have noticed in the past few pre-game warmups that Santonio Holmes gets almost mesmorized by the Phil Collins song In The Air Tonight. The rest of the guys are on the ground doing stretches and he plays the air drums and holds his hands up like he is praying.

It is pretty cool to watch, he gets really pumped up by the song. I recorded it during the last game, but the video is too choppy since I was talking to my son while recording it.

Anyone else notice this or was this spoken about before?

[URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA&ob=av2e"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkADj0TPrJA&ob=av2e[/URL]

When Santonio Holmes was very young, he witnessed from afar a man drowning in a lake, and another man nearby who could have saved him but didn't.

Years later, while playing for the Steelers, Santonio Holmes saw the man whose inaction led to the other man's death in the stands.

Hall Of Fame
    I thought that look was because he got beaned in the head with a frisbee.

_

this song makes me do that

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BwOXlGbW6Q[/url]

Isn't that the song Mike Tomlin uses to get his players ready before games? I remember there being a segment about that leading up to the Super Bowl.

Probably carry over from Pittsburgh.

[QUOTE=Kotch;4259397]When Santonio Holmes was very young, he witnessed from afar a man drowning in a lake, and another man nearby who could have saved him but didn't.

Years later, while playing for the Steelers, Santonio Holmes saw the man whose inaction led to the other man's death in the stands.[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!

All League
    Just wait till he hears Sussudio!

[B]SendaFrizbee- [/B]He's talked about it lots of times before, I think. It's one of the songs he "needs" to hear before games, or a superstition, or some such. It's one of his favorite songs, and he's discussed it being one of his pregame songs.

About Santonio:

[QUOTE]On gamedays, he can hear Phil Collins’ “In the Air Tonight” and he thinks of the lights, the stage and putting on a show.

[I]I can feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord

And I’ve been waiting for this moment all my life, oh Lord

Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord[/I]

newyorkjets.com[/QUOTE]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4259409]I thought that look was because he got beaned in the head with a frisbee.

_[/QUOTE]

Nice :)

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    He's baked.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=Apache 51;4259472]He's baked.[/QUOTE]

He's baked? Like a baked potato baked? Like a seven layer cake baked?

C'mon now Apache, you know #10 is one of Limo's favorite "diva receivas" and you can't argue with that winning TD. If Holmes didn't make that catch, this whole board would be deep fried instead of just the usual half-baked comments we've all come to expect from JI'ers.

:D

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4259486]He's baked? Like a baked potato baked? Like a seven layer cake baked?

C'mon now Apache, you know #10 is one of Limo's favorite "diva receivas" and you can't argue with that winning TD. If Holmes didn't make that catch, this whole board would be deep fried instead of just the usual half-baked comments we've all come to expect from JI'ers.

:D[/QUOTE]

Not that kinda baked, Limo. lol.

Mike Tyson loves that song too.

At least in the Hangover he does.

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[QUOTE=jpoppy7;4259495]Mike Tyson loves that song too. At least in the Hangover he does.[/QUOTE]

Epic movie classic scene. LOL funny when he punches Alan in the head for stealing his tiger and pissing in his pool. :D

I know how important superstitions and rituals are to athletes. Exceptional people need exceptional help in being successful. I tap into ancient resources and can harness powers that I couldnt begin to explain here, but whatever it is that empowers Holmes, IMO works.

Rock on Phil Collins song, rock on.

;)

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=Kotch;4259397]When Santonio Holmes was very young, he witnessed from afar a man drowning in a lake, and another man nearby who could have saved him but didn't.

Years later, while playing for the Steelers, Santonio Holmes saw the man whose inaction led to the other man's death in the stands.[/QUOTE]

I thought it was his friend that was drowning

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=2milehighJet;4259417]Just wait till he hears Sussudio![/QUOTE]
    lol

understated genius in this here post

[QUOTE=jpoppy7;4259495]Mike Tyson loves that song too.

At least in the Hangover he does.[/QUOTE]

Ray Lewis has also admitted he loves this song and listens to it pre-game.

Phil Collins is a cheesey bastard for most of his songs but "In the Air" is a classic. That playback mic and the snare drum from the TR-808 drum machine are both flat out awesome.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_the_Air_Tonight[/url]