Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Teaching us WHAT to think.....

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4259703]or they can do like private sector employees. They can save in their 401K and retire as soon as they can, based on what THEY saved and planned for.

Too much to ask for from the civil service government fed mind though....

Life is tough for those of us not living off the public.;)[/QUOTE]

This sounds like racist tea party lingo. How can you expect lowly government workers most of whom are barely responsible enough to get up in the morning and get to work on time to save money for retirement in a 401K or defined contribution plan like the rest of society?? These government workers need special treatment to get them through life. Otherwise they could work in the more lucrative private sector where they would make a lower salary and need to fend for themselves. Thats racist.

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;4259984]I dont listen to either...... I think RUSH is funny but I dont listen during the day as I have a job and I wouldn't watch hannity if he were the only thing on. Hannity and Beck are the worst thing that has happened to the conservative movement IMO.[/QUOTE]

Speaking honestly, Lee Atwater was one of the worst things to happen to political discourse in this country in recent history.

But to a larger point, both sides are fully guilty of demagoguing each others' point of views. That is why reasonable political discourse is difficult.

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4259631]off duty ;)

Teaching is like acting; you put on a show. They actually thought I was a Bush supporter during the run up to the 2004 election! :eek:[/QUOTE]

It's not surprising how intellectually dishonest you are.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4259947]it's not the theory of gravity it's just gravity
    [/QUOTE]
    Sir Isaac Newton wrote the "LAW of gravitation" -- if you have an issue with it, take it up with him. Otherwise, please present evidence of a LAW of evolution (in regards to the origin of the world) and I will gladly remove the comment

[QUOTE]
    the GOP is excellent at word play. This has been the case for years. This is why they can get Sonny Bono to Congress. they provide a word list to their politicians and everyone sticks to it. I envy their discipline. Listen to 10 different democrats it's all their own special interests and nothing coherant.[/QUOTE]

You do realize AL FRANKEN is a Democratic representative, no?

Jets Insider VIP
    Marketing is not a new concept.

By the way, this isn't nearly as bad as calling grape juice "purple apple juice"

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4260089]...this isn't nearly as bad as calling grape juice "purple apple juice"[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://alltheragefaces.com/img/faces/png/misc-seriously.png[/IMG]

[QUOTE=OCCH;4260083]Sir Isaac Newton wrote the "LAW of gravitation" -- if you have an issue with it, take it up with him. Otherwise, please present evidence of a LAW of evolution (in regards to the origin of the world) and I will gladly remove the comment[/quote]

Newton's law of univeral gravitation was disproven by Einstein's theory of relativity.

Certain aspects of the Newtonian model have been widely accepted but gravity (like evolution) is still a theory because of lack of proof.

the fact that gravity is obvious and all around us doesn't make it a law, because we don't know the WHY behind it (yet)

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton%27s_law_of_universal_gravitation[/url]

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gravitation[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4260036]Speaking honestly, Lee Atwater was one of the worst things to happen to political discourse in this country in recent history.

But to a larger point, both sides are fully guilty of demagoguing each others' point of views. That is why reasonable political discourse is difficult.[/QUOTE]

Honestly speaking...please read some of your posts where you basically say it is right and "fair" to retire in your 50's with health insurance and a pretty FAT pension and tell us why that is different from Greece?

Greece has government workers retirning in their 50's and is near bankrupt.

We are insolvent, the ony real difference is we print money, which devalues the dollar and creates a drag on the economy. Sort of a slow suicide.

[QUOTE=intelligentjetsfan;4259664]Great point. I think its much more reasonable for them to work until their into their 70s and then they can spend whats left of their "golden years" wondering if they will need to get yet another job because they don't get enough money due to the fact that the politicians used the pension money that they paid into for private investment. Then they can die. ;)[/QUOTE]

It used to be that the retirement age was 65. That was also the life expectancy of an American.
    Now we can expect to live to 75. Full retirement is 66 but you can opt out at 62. And people do not work as hard as earlier generations.
    I retired at 58. On my nickle, no SS, no disability. I worked - something people fail to do as much as they should.
    If you have to work past retirement age, you are getting what you deserve - you failed in preparation.

Social Security was never meant to be a retirement. It was meant to be a security blanket during hard times. BTW do you know the Payroll Tax goes into FICA better known as Social Security and Medicare. It comes to about $40 dollars a month.