Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arsenic in Apple Juice

Jets Insider VIP
    FWIW if you are concerned about this then based on Consumer Reports data Juicy Juice or Walmart Apple Juice + Fiber is the "safest".

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Trades;4260140]If it is even a real problem. In reading the article and the tables linked there it isn't like most or even half of the juice tested shows high rates of arsnic. As a matter of fact MOST of them showed ND or Not Detected.

Here is the letter from the FDA to Dr. Oz and I don't see how any more regulation or oversight would have done anything considering the FDA is testing for these contaminants and they are not seeing the same results Dr. Oz did.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that's the letter the FDA sent out prior to CR verifying Dr. Oz' results, Trades. They've since backed off on that stance.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4260179]I'm pretty sure that's the letter the FDA sent out prior to CR verifying Dr. Oz' results, Trades. They've since backed off on that stance.[/QUOTE]

Still not concerned after reading the CR Article.

Best solution is the most obvious: Give your kids water instead of juice and an organic apple. We're not meant to drink fruit juice, which is the equivalent of pounds of apples and their natural sugars. Rehydrating with juices, rather than water, is one of the reasons children are getting huge.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4260185]Best solution is the most obvious: Give your kids water instead of juice and an organic apple. We're not meant to drink fruit juice, which is the equivalent of pounds of apples and their natural sugars. Rehydrating with juices, rather than water, is one of the reasons children are getting huge.[/QUOTE]

There's arsenic in your tap water too

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4260258]There's arsenic in your tap water too[/QUOTE]

Possibly. The difference is that you can filter it out fairly easily, and inexpensively, at home.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

"Hey, you got your arsenic in my apple juice!"

"Hey, you got your apple juice in my arsenic!"

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJLDF6qZUX0[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Trades;4260184]Still not concerned after reading the CR Article.[/QUOTE]

Okey-dokey.:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Borgoguy;4260185]Best solution is the most obvious: Give your kids water instead of juice and an organic apple. We're not meant to drink fruit juice, which is the equivalent of pounds of apples and their natural sugars. [B]Rehydrating with juices, rather than water, is one of the reasons children are getting huge.[/B][/QUOTE]

VERY good point, Borgo.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4260258]There's arsenic in your tap water too[/QUOTE]

True enough, but it's mostly organic. Additionally, it is typically less PPB than what was found in the study, plus it has guidelines put forth by the government, unlike juice.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4260093]That's a terrible plan.

Freedoms infringed? What freedoms, the freedom to poison children? or the freedom to drink poison?

If consumers' children are poisoned, it's a little late for education.[/QUOTE]

Your risk of getting an STD in a new sexual encounter are far higher than the risk of getting arsenic poisoning from apple juice.

You ready to implement sex regulation? Or should we just educate people on the risks?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4260398]Your risk of getting an STD in a new sexual encounter are far higher than the risk of getting arsenic poisoning from apple juice.

You ready to implement sex regulation? Or should we just educate people on the risks?[/QUOTE]

All depends on what the regulators look like.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Jetworks;4260391]Okey-dokey.:rolleyes:

VERY good point, Borgo.

True enough, but it's mostly organic. Additionally, it is typically less PPB than what was found in the study, plus it has guidelines put forth by the government, unlike juice.[/QUOTE]

sorry I don't panic easily. I will work on that.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Trades;4260415]sorry I don't panic easily. I will work on that.[/QUOTE]

I don't panic. It's not an option given my personal life and my career. That said, I know when to recognize a problem, and this is one. If it's not for you, more power to you.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4260398]Your risk of getting an STD in a new sexual encounter are far higher than the risk of getting arsenic poisoning from apple juice.
    [/QUOTE]

what about sexual encounters involving apple juice as a lubricant? can you get me those statistics? Kay thanks.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4260522]what about sexual encounters involving apple juice as a lubricant? can you get me those statistics? Kay thanks.[/QUOTE]

Would've been easier if you just referred to it by its proper name - an Apple Jack.

and the stat: 100% chance of yeast infection. So have at it.

[QUOTE=JetPotato;4260801]Would've been easier if you just referred to it by its proper name - an Apple Jack.

and the stat: 100% chance of yeast infection. So have at it.[/QUOTE]

the apple jack

:D ha ha I LOL'ed out loud

[QUOTE=shakin318;4260341]"Hey, you got your arsenic in my apple juice!"

"Hey, you got your apple juice in my arsenic!"

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJLDF6qZUX0[/url][/QUOTE]

this was also quite good. the apple thread has been fantastic