7 Rushing TD thru 11 games
    Brick
    Slauson
    Mangold
    Moore
    [B][I][U]Hunter
    Conner
    Mulligan[/U][/I][/B]

I'm disappointed in Conner's impact (ie. none?)
    Mullgan.....I wish he was elsewhere
    Hunter: Is this guy any good? Was Turner any better? They need to fix this......

Probably the single biggest problem with the Jets offensive production

Discuss?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4259704]2010:
    Ranked 4th in Rushing Offense
    148 yards per game avg
    14 Rushing TD thru 16 games
    Brick
    Slauson
    Mangold
    Moore
    [B][I][U]Woody
    T-Rich
    Hartsock[/U][/I][/B]

2011:
    Currently 24th Ranked Rushing Offense
    100 yards per game avg
    Brick
    Slauson
    Mangold
    Moore
    [B][I][U]Hunter
    Conner
    Mulligan[/U][/I][/B]

Hunter: Is this guy any good? Was Turner any better? They need to fix this......

Discuss?[/QUOTE]

Teams do not fear us beating them through the air. They stack the LOS and dare us to run to win. Its tough when there are 9 guys on the LOS. If we hit a few deep shots down the field through the air, the run game will be just fine.

By the way last week our OL graded out to be #1 in the entire NFL. Lets hope they can keep it up this week and beyond. The run game was also pretty decent and Greene was running with banged up ribs. We graded out to 104.4 and #2 was The saints at 93. Not too shabby. Conner is always getting praised by REX. What do you see that he doesn't see concerning Conner? The record shows thyat HUNTER was part of that OL that was graded #1 last week. He has been playing much better as Moore has gotten stronger. The Ol is meshing finally!
    Last edited by Kentucky Jet; 12-01-2011 at 09:33 PM.

[QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4259704]2010:
    Ranked 4th in Rushing Offense
    148 yards per game avg
    14 Rushing TD thru 16 games
    Brick
    Slauson
    Mangold
    Moore
    [B][I][U]Woody
    T-Rich
    Hartsock[/U][/I][/B]

2011:
    Currently 24th Ranked Rushing Offense
    100 yards per game avg
    Brick
    Slauson
    Mangold
    Moore
    [B][I][U]Hunter
    Conner
    Mulligan[/U][/I][/B]

Discuss?[/QUOTE]

1) I thought Conner struggled at the beginning. But, he's playing ok now. We make strange play calls so the whole offense is messed up.

2) Mulligan is useless and should have never been signed.

3) Hunter - I don't understand how a guy can play so well last year and stink up the joint this year. Turner is definitely better. But, we need Turner to serve as our Randy Velarde. If we use him as a starter, we lose our utility player.

The problem with running game is the passing game and the play calling. If the passing game and play calling were better, the running game would be fine because the offensive line has blocked better lately. Also, our RBs have dealt with injuries. We need to just play a bunch of young RBs like Powell, wind them up and let them go. It works for just about everybody else. RBs are a dime a dozen when they are young.

The entire offense has problems. That is all.

Practice Squad
    We move away from the run when its working well. Last week vs the Bills we had 5.8ypc yet barely ran the ball after half time. There is nothing wrong with the running game it just isnt used often enough.

That's a downgrade at all three positions you listed. And Hartsock wasn't even good!

Not surprising we are seeing the ill effects of this poor line management. I really hope Tanny is saving that extra 10 mil in cap room he has to splurge on Desean Jackson when he gets cut next week...otherwise what a waste not picking up a better RT and better blocking TE.

All League
    [QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4259712]Teams do not fear us beating them through the air. They stack the LOS and dare us to run to win. Its tough when there are 9 guys on the LOS. If we hit a few deep shots down the field through the air, the run game will be just fine.

By the way last week our OL graded out to be #1 in the entire NFL. Lets hope they can keep it up this week and beyond. The run game was also pretty decent and Greene was running with banged up ribs. We graded out to 104.4 and #2 was The saints at 93. Not too shabby. Conner is always getting praised by REX. [B][I][U]What do you see that he doesn't see concerning Conner[/U][/I][/B]? The record shows thyat HUNTER was part of that OL that was graded #1 last week. He has been playing much better as Moore has gotten stronger. The Ol is meshing finally![/QUOTE]

Here's what I see.....nothing....What does Rex see? Or is he just singing praises for the guy in public because putting him down in public wouldn't help anyone.

It's not like I'm 'watching' Conner's every move to say that he's not made an impact. But when I watch the game, I hope to see some nice holes open up and some nice gains, and at the end of the play I'd for once like to hear the announcer say......"Nice hole opened up by the Jets front line....did you see that great lead block by Conner on that play?".....I don't recall hearing much of that. You used to hear such comments from time to time about T-Rich....but rarely about Conner. So what the heck is Rex praising?

Outside of ONE decleater on a kickoff in a preseason game EONS ago Conner is invisible IMO.

[QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4260775]Here's what I see.....nothing....

It's not like I'm 'watching' Conner's every move

Outside of ONE decleater on a kickoff in a preseason game EONS ago Conner is invisible IMO.[/QUOTE]

ted I don't want to be harsh on you but it's your viewing not Conner's playing

Conner has been quietly money carrying the ball on short yardage situations.

most people's eyes follow the football not the blockers.

all three of Hunter/Conner/Mulligan have made key blocks at times this year in the run game but they don't get obvious credit for it.

all 3 of these guys have been disappointment in the pass game. as KY Jet pointed out the OL is really clicking right now and as it gets cold the Terminator will be a big part of the stretch run.

All League
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4260781][B][I][U]ted I don't want to be harsh on you but it's your viewing not Conner's playing[/U][/I][/B]

Conner has been quietly money carrying the ball on short yardage situations.

most people's eyes follow the football not the blockers.

all three of Hunter/Conner/Mulligan have made key blocks at times this year in the run game but they don't get obvious credit for it.

all 3 of these guys have been disappointment in the pass game. as KY Jet pointed out the OL is really clicking right now and as it gets cold the Terminator will be a big part of the stretch run.[/QUOTE]

don't worry...i don't get upset when people criticize or disagree with my posts

if i was such a football genius i'd have a different job

jets running game

boy oh boy.do the jets miss woody,richardson,and braylon edwards.the handwriting is on the wall.I agree withis poster 100%.the only one I do not agree with.is hartsock.

i dont think hunter is that bad...........

[QUOTE=escamoter2;4259716]1) I thought Conner struggled at the beginning. But, he's playing ok now. We make strange play calls so the whole offense is messed up.

2) Mulligan is useless and should have never been signed.

3) Hunter - I don't understand how a guy can play so well last year and stink up the joint this year. Turner is definitely better. But, we need Turner to serve as our Randy Velarde. If we use him as a starter, we lose our utility player.

The problem with running game is the passing game and the play calling. If the passing game and play calling were better, the running game would be fine because the offensive line has blocked better lately. Also, our RBs have dealt with injuries. We need to just play a bunch of young RBs like Powell, wind them up and let them go. It works for just about everybody else. RBs are a dime a dozen when they are young.[/QUOTE]

i tivo the games and watch it again to see the different pos and the players perform at that pos. and he does a good job of containing his man.

Rookie
    Does not seem the combo of Hunter/Conner/Mulligan is playing at last years level of Woody/Richardson/Hartsock.
    When I see Sanchez on the ground after a pass rusher used Hunter as turnstyle and Connor is nowhere to be found, I imagine Sanchez is wondering who is blocking for him.
    When they let Edwards get away there went the deep threat and the other teams get to stack the LOS.

All League
    Conner is not a problem, Trich sucked last year. Woody was maybe the best run blocker in the NFL and Hunter is average.

we miss turner

Players come and players go. That should continue next offseason. The FO will evaluate this year and make the moves they feel will help our club. We need to get better. Everyone knows that, we need to be happy that now more than ever we have a competent FO. The FO thought we had what we needed and we might, still have 5 games to see. if not, rest assured, they'll make moves to improve this team.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Woody56;4260832]Conner is not a problem, Trich sucked last year. Woody was maybe the best run blocker in the NFL and Hunter is average.[/QUOTE]

Woody slipped last year big time. Hunter is now coming on pretty strong. I am not giving up on him. As for Conner the guy seems to blast open many holes when he has the opportunity. as I said earlier its hard to open holes when you are facing 9 defensive guys on the LOS daring the QB to throw. What OL / FB can open holes in that situation? TRICH in his prime with Woody at OT could not do it . I think we have to wait to see how the OL plays against the Redskins Sunday. They will dare Sanchez to beat them. They will stack that LOS. What do we do then? They have given up fewer points then we have this year. This is a very good defensive team. If they had a good offense they would be formidable.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4259712]Teams do not fear us beating them through the air. They stack the LOS and dare us to run to win. Its tough when there are 9 guys on the LOS. [/QUOTE]

why do u keep repeating this hot trash in different threads. Defenses are not stacking the box against us and haven't for a long time.

the jets players are just getting beat 1 on 1 at the POA...that's IT. nothing more. and bad playcalling.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sect313;4260837]we miss turner[/QUOTE]

He is a backup! He is valuable but causes us many penalties with his temper. He is not as great as some want to state. Very good but not great. If he was great he'd be a starter!

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;4260841]why do u keep repeating this hot trash in different threads. Defenses are not stacking the box against us and haven't for a long time.

the jets players are just getting beat 1 on 1 at the POA...that's IT. nothing more. and bad playcalling.[/QUOTE]

Try opening your eyes when the game is on, you might learn something.

[QUOTE=Kentucky Jet;4260844]He is a backup! He is valuable but causes us many penalties with his temper. He is not as great as some want to state. Very good but not great. If he was great he'd be a starter![/QUOTE]

he does have a temper sometimes. but he would be the 6th blocker over mulligan who is even worse