Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Official "Let's Go Steelers! Or Miss The Playoffs" Thread

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

The Official "Let's Go Steelers! Or Miss The Playoffs" Thread

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/STEELERSNY.jpg[/IMG]

You want to make the playoffs, you'd better be a Steelers fan this Sunday.

A Bengals win, you can kiss the #6 Seed goodbye.

So grab your Terrible Towel and cheer very loudly at 1pm.

SAR I

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, although I could see the bengals losing to a team everyone expects them to beat...ie Arizona

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the Purple People Eaters too.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4259758]

You want to make the playoffs, you'd better be a Steelers fan this Sunday.

A Bengals win, you can kiss the #6 Seed goodbye. So grab your Terrible Towel and cheer very loudly at 1pm. SAR I[/QUOTE]

I'm opening up my skihaus in Lake Harmony PA this weekend and thinking about going to that game. Heinz is an awesome stadium and the whole terrible towel thing is a lot of fun just like the JETS chant in Metlife.

Go Big Ben.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4259791]I'm opening up my skihaus in Lake Harmony PA this weekend and thinking about going to that game. Heinz is an awesome stadium and the whole terrible towel thing is a lot of fun just like the JETS chant in Metlife.

Go Big Ben.[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://blog.zoltun.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/TerribleTowel.jpg[/IMG]

That's the spirit. Show your Steeler pride!

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4259780]And the Purple People Eaters too.

_[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://theoffseason.areavoices.com/files/2011/03/Fan1.jpg[/IMG]

That's the spirit. Show your Vikings pride.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4259796][IMG]http://theoffseason.areavoices.com/files/2011/03/Fan1.jpg[/IMG]

That's the spirit. Show your Vikings pride.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I wonder what that guy does for a living.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=frankiepapa;4259765]Agreed, although I could see the bengals losing to a team everyone expects them to beat...ie Arizona

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Could happen, but we are better off if they lose to an AFC team, so come Sunday afternoon, Go Steelers!!

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4259791]I'm opening up my skihaus in Lake Harmony PA this weekend and thinking about going to that game. Heinz is an awesome stadium and the whole terrible towel thing is a lot of fun just like the JETS chant in Metlife.

Go Big Ben.[/QUOTE]

After having spent an evening at Heinz Field in January for the AFCCG, fun is not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the terrible towel thing :mad:

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Lithfan;4259801]After having spent an evening at Heinz Field in January for the AFCCG, fun is not exactly the first thing that comes to mind when I think of the terrible towel thing :mad:[/QUOTE]

I hear ya Lith. BTW is your username Lithfan because you like Nirvana?
    ;)

And been there done that with the NY Jets on one half of Heinz field and me in a yellow club chair watching them lose because Doug Brien was pulling up his socks instead of kicking a winning field goal.

This is 2011 and Im a card carrying member of the NY Jets Mid Season Vacation Club. I can enjoy going to all the NFL games in any stadium I want to. I am welcome everywhere. Thats what a vacation is all about.

In the meantime I wish the Jets and Steelers much luck and success this Sunday.
    Last edited by Limolady; 12-01-2011 at 11:27 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4259797]I wonder what that guy does for a living.[/QUOTE]

duh...he's a viking....

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4259797]I wonder what that guy does for a living.[/QUOTE]

Dont you recognize him? Hes the "I lift things up and put them down" guy from the Planet Fitness commercials.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

He makes license plates

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Computer analyst

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    We need the Bengals to have at least 2 loses in the next 5 games. If they go 4-1 we are ****ed regardless of running the table.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Limolady;4259831]I hear ya Lith. BTW is your username Lithfan because you like Nirvana?
    ;)

And been there done that with the NY Jets on one half of Heinz field and me in a yellow club chair watching them lose because Doug Brien was pulling up his socks instead of kicking a winning field goal.

This is 2011 and Im a card carrying member of the NY Jets Mid Season Vacation Club. I can enjoy going to all the NFL games in any stadium I want to. I am welcome everywhere. Thats what a vacation is all about.

In the meantime I wish the Jets and Steelers much luck and success this Sunday.[/QUOTE]

My username has nothing to do with Nirvana, Lith is a reference to the suburb of Chicago where I live. Although Lithium is a great song, I kinda like your explanation better - maybe I will use it next time someone asks.

If you go to the Steelers game, I hope your Heinz Field experience is better than mine.

Enjoy!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Magnus;4259866]We need the Bengals to have at least 2 loses in the next 5 games. If they go 4-1 we are ****ed regardless of running the table.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, Bengals need to be no better than 10-6. The thing is, their 7 wins are against teams with a combined .350 winning percentage. There is a reason why all 4 AFCN teams are in the top 8 for defense. They've all played the easiest out of division schedule.

This is not saying whose better, Bengals or Jets. This is just a recognition that the Bengals are a product of their schedule, much like the formerly 6-2 Giants

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SMC;4259951]Agreed, Bengals need to be no better than 10-6. The thing is, their 7 wins are against teams with a combined .350 winning percentage. There is a reason why all 4 AFCN teams are in the top 8 for defense. They've all played the easiest out of division schedule.

This is not saying whose better, Bengals or Jets. This is just a recognition that the Bengals are a product of their schedule, much like the formerly 6-2 Giants[/QUOTE]

They still have games left with Pitt, Houston and Baltimore. The Ravens game is the last weekend of the season, hopefully the Ravens will still need to win that one to take the Division.

These next two weeks against Pitt & Houston are gonna tell us a lot about the Bengals and our playoff chances.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bengals could win this game and lose the next 4. Although this game is not meaningless, it not by any means do or die for the jets playoff hopes.

I am not worried about the Benglas because:
    a- Marvin Lewis is their head coach and hes terrible
    b- they are the bungles and will crumble down the stretch in typical bungle fashion

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4259989]The Bengals could win this game and lose the next 4. Although this game is not meaningless, it not by any means do or die for the jets playoff hopes.

I am not worried about the Benglas because:
    a- Marvin Lewis is their head coach and hes terrible
    b- they are the bungles and will crumble down the stretch in typical bungle fashion[/QUOTE]

They said that about the 2009 Jets and look what happened.

The Bengals look just like those Jets. And all indications are that if they beat the Steelers it'll give the Ravens the division and puts the Ravens one step closer to resting in Week 17 against, you guessed it, the Bengals.

This game meets everything. The Steelers must win.

SAR I