Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will the Eagles game now be easier since the team looks like its packing it in

Will the Eagles game now be easier since the team looks like its packing it in

I know there is no such thing as a game being easy when you watch the Jets play but I think the Eagles game just got a bit easier now. Those guys look like their checking out and I don't blame them. The only guys will be gunning are guys trying to earn a roster spot for next season and guys who are trying to get a bonus. Their O line is depleted, secondary is a mess, receivers are toast .... If we don't beat ourselves and just stop their running game I think we'll be fine. Unless we have a stinker against the Skins or Chiefs .... the Giants game might be doe or die for us. One week at a time but I think our schedule just got slightly easier. If we can't take advantage of this schedule at the end of the season then we don't deserve to get a playoff spot ... even if its by default.

Jets Insider VIP
    it's the nfl - on any given Sunday.....ya de da....

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

Yup Eagles look toasted and with Reid almost guaranteed a one way ticket out of town, maybe Brian Schottenheimers dream job of HC is just down the turnpike.

Hall Of Fame
    If Eagles fans recall what they used to say about Vince Young when he was on the Titans and Michael Vick when he was on the Falcons, well...

They're still true.

Jets Insider VIP
    Losing record or not, it's still going to be a challenge for the slow Jets' defense to contain Vick and McCoy.

Maybin may need to have the game of his life for us to win.

Hopefully, if we get some help this Sunday, we can afford to split the Eagles and Giants games.

[QUOTE=lolepop;4259843]it's the nfl - on any given Sunday.....ya de da....[/QUOTE]

+1.

Combined with the fact the Jets have never won in Philly if I am not mistaken.

Eagles do suck badly right now.

But, Vick could be back (Not certain of his status?) and McCoy is a handful. I could definitely see the Jets having a hard time with their speed.

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4259875]+1.

Combined with the fact the Jets have never won in Philly if I am not mistaken.[/QUOTE]

Have never beaten them in NY/NJ either :eek::( !!

All League
    Only guy on that team that has packed it in is Desean Jackson. He will not risk his body until they pay him to.

[QUOTE=Limolady;4259849]Yup Eagles look toasted and with Reid almost guaranteed a one way ticket out of town, maybe Brian Schottenheimers dream job of HC is just down the turnpike.[/QUOTE]

+1

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    It has not been been easy in Philly for the last 10 years and it's always green, but if there were ever a time it's now, Go Jets.

they can't stop the run and that's not gonna change before the Jets game.

Jets Insider VIP
    I certainly hope so

and it's the Christmas season so I expect those terrific Philly fans will split their booing equally between Reid, Vick and Santa Claus during the game

their injuries might also be a factor. aso went down last night and i don't think they mentioned the issue but he was holding his head. it might not make sense for vick to even play if they are looking to keep him healthy for next year. jackson might be a healthy scratch by that time the way things are going but i think i might rather want him on the field the way he is playing right now.

[QUOTE=bitonti;4259942]they can't stop the run and that's not gonna change before the Jets game.[/QUOTE]

yes, that vaunted "wide nine" defense...the only issue is that schotty will not run the ball and continually look to throw towards asante samuel in this game!!

[QUOTE=frankiepapa;4259957]yes, that vaunted "wide nine" defense...the only issue is that schotty will not run the ball and continually look to throw towards asante samuel in this game!![/QUOTE]

Whats the problem? We got the Sanchise baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

[QUOTE=bitonti;4259942]they can't stop the run and that's not gonna change before the Jets game.[/QUOTE]

The jets have utterly failed at taking advantage of teams weaknesses this year for the most part. The teams that can't stop the run we don;t put up huge runnung numbers against, teams that can't stop the pass ie the pats we can't throw against.

[QUOTE=Beerfish;4259960]The jets have utterly failed at taking advantage of teams weaknesses this year for the most part. .[/QUOTE]

this is an awful gloomy post. the Jets are at the part of their schedule when they get on a hot streak.

Hall Of Fame
    Eagles r going to give the Jets fits. Vick will be playing for his job. Reid will be coaching for his job. McCoy can get to the edge as well as any RB in the league. That stretch play scares me. All this plus the game is in Philly.

If the Jets can jump on them early (which they never do) then I think Philly has a lot of quit in them. But like I said Vick will be playing hard and e can beat u by himself.

Plus every team gets up for the Jets. I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles are brought together by facing the Jets. Jets will get there best shot.

The game I am most worried about is the Giant game. You know the Giants are going to go all out and give a huge effort.

Jets Insider VIP
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge, with Nick to my left n Rex to my right.
    [QUOTE=sg3;4259955]I certainly hope so

and it's the Christmas season so I expect those terrific Philly fans will split their booing equally between Reid, Vick and Santa Claus during the game[/QUOTE]

It's a giveaway game, 2nd string isn't as strong as the 1st.