Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This is what regression looks like.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

This is what regression looks like.

Regression is when a person starts making mistakes that the person should not be making anymore. It's 3 interceptions and 2 fumbles returned for touchdowns.

It's a lack of maturity shown by body language and bonehead gaffes during games as evidenced by coaches saying stuff like this after a game:
    [B]Jacksonville game/costly hard count:[/B]
    [I]"We have a second-and-one situation, we get a penalty. Mark goes on a hard count, (he probably) really does not need to do that. We jump offsides."[/I]

[B]Cowboys/costly audible:[/B]
    [I]"In reality, Mark kind of got fooled. He thought maybe the guy was coming off the slot....There’s a fine line, but when you give him that freedom, you’ve got to give him the freedom to go and make that decision. It’s not like we want him coming over all the time, “Is that okay?” No, make a decision and live with it. That’s what he did, and quite honestly, he could have made probably a little better pass to Plax and gave him a chance."[/I]

[B]Patriots/costly timeout:[/B]
    [I]"the stupidest play in NFL history.”[/I]

Yet it's all fixable. It's not on the head couch, the QB coach, the OC, the O-line, the fans, the wide receivers, the running backs.

It's on Mark Sanchez. He's supposed to be the leader of the locker room. He's way overdue to take command of the situation. Be ballsy! Get mad! Yell! Call people out!(players, coaches, whoever) Take command of the team emotionally and everything else will fall into place.

It's what everyone is waiting for. If Mark Sanchez puts the team on his back and wins the next 5 games no one will care about what happened before.
    Just do it already Mark! People are running out of excuses!:steamin:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jxc;4259852]Regression is when a person starts making mistakes that the person should not be making anymore. It's 3 interceptions and 2 fumbles returned for touchdowns.

It's a lack of maturity shown by body language and bonehead gaffes during games as evidenced by coaches saying stuff like this after a game:
    [B]Jacksonville game/costly hard count:[/B]
    [I]"We have a second-and-one situation, we get a penalty. Mark goes on a hard count, (he probably) really does not need to do that. We jump offsides."[/I]

[B]Cowboys/costly audible:[/B]
    [I]"In reality, Mark kind of got fooled. He thought maybe the guy was coming off the slot....There’s a fine line, but when you give him that freedom, you’ve got to give him the freedom to go and make that decision. It’s not like we want him coming over all the time, “Is that okay?” No, make a decision and live with it. That’s what he did, and quite honestly, he could have made probably a little better pass to Plax and gave him a chance."[/I]

[B]Patriots/costly timeout:[/B]
    [I]"the stupidest play in NFL history.”[/I]

Yet it's all fixable. It's not on the head couch, the QB coach, the OC, the O-line, the fans, the wide receivers, the running backs.

It's on Mark Sanchez. He's supposed to be the leader of the locker room. He's way overdue to take command of the situation. Be ballsy! Get mad! Yell! Call people out!(players, coaches, whoever) Take command of the team emotionally and everything else will fall into place.

It's what everyone is waiting for. If Mark Sanchez puts the team on his back and wins the next 5 games no one will care about what happened before.
    Just do it already Mark! People are running out of excuses!:steamin:[/QUOTE]

Plain and simple Sanchez suxx! we need a better QB. for this team

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=TechJet;4259858]Plain and simple Sanchez suxx! we need a better QB. for this team[/QUOTE]
    Come on man! I'm trying to muster some positive vibes here!

Maybe you should relocate to California for the next several weeks. With a medical marijuana card you can get the stuff delivered to your house legally.
    It could get ugly on the field if Sanchez doesn't put it together this week. We are down to the waterboys as the final scapegoat.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    We beat the cowboys and jaguars, these mistakes werent THAT costly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    the term regression implies he was playing at a higher level previous to this season, which isn't true because he is actually playing better this year than last. yes sanchez is making mistakes, but the term "regression" makes more sense if you're talking about rivers or vince young

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jxc;4259852]It's not on the head couch
    [/QUOTE]

Maybe not, but I bet it's really comfortable regardless.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dassin;4259864]We beat the cowboys and jaguars, these mistakes werent THAT costly.[/QUOTE]
    Fair enough. But it's those types of mistakes that contribute to losses. It's just hard to find coaches commenting on individual mistakes after a loss.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=10PennyToColes87;4259868]Maybe not, but I bet it's really comfortable regardless.[/QUOTE]
    That "u" should have a curvy line across the top to make an "[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]a[/FONT]". Looks like it stopped short. I blame Schottenheimer. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why are you creating a new thread for this? This is the problem I have with you guys. You keep starting new threads WHICH SAY THE SAME F_ING THING!!!!!!!!

"Sanchez sucks" "He is underperforming"

Stop creating all these threads which say the same thing.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought regression meant a return to a less developed state?

Steadily increasing TDs? Check
    Cutting down on INTs? Check
    Completing more passes? Check
    Passing for more yards? Check
    Higher QB rating than previous? Check
    Higher ypa? Check

Doing all of this while the entire offensive unit has taken a giant step back from the line to the skill players is not the definition of regression.

Can he stand to improve? No **** but atleast look at the season by season progression he made then look up the actual definition of the word "regression"

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4259876]Why are you creating a new thread for this? This is the problem I have with you guys. You keep starting new threads WHICH SAY THE SAME F_ING THING!!!!!!!!

Stop creating all these threads which say the same thing.[/QUOTE]
    This is different [B]Eskimo[/B] - Creator of Meaningful Threads.

This is an acknowledgement of his mental errors and a sincere plea to the cosmos for Sanchez to 1.Own it and 2.Fix it.

That's a different focus from folks who want to argue over tiny improvements in stats, list scapegoats or flatly say "Sanchez sucks".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jxc;4259873]That "u" should have a curvy line across the top to make an "[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]a[/FONT]". Looks like it stopped short. [B]I blame Schottenheimer.[/B] :yes:[/QUOTE]

Carry on then.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just find it funny how inconsistent the OP is regarding our QB compared to other allegedly much better ones.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jxc;4259852]

It's not on the[B] head couch[/B][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k311/PhillyG11/390754_10150581481312501_764707500_11758933_1092036241_n.jpg[/IMG]

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously guys, what's the point of complaining about our team at this point? What good is it going to do? Try this; Accept your team for what it is, and ROOT AS HARD AS YOU CAN FOR THEM!!! THEY NEED OUR SUPPORT, LOVE, AND GUIDANCE. LET THEM KNOW WE SUPPORT THEM!!!

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Green"]GO JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Eckesg1;4259876]Why are you creating a new thread for this? This is the problem I have with you guys. You keep starting new threads WHICH SAY THE SAME F_ING THING!!!!!!!!

Stop creating all these threads which say the same thing.[/QUOTE]

It is INSANE!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Pavilion;4259879]I thought regression meant a return to a less developed state?

Steadily increasing TDs? Check
    Cutting down on INTs? Check
    Completing more passes? Check
    Passing for more yards? Check
    Higher QB rating than previous? Check
    Higher ypa? Check

Doing all of this while the entire offensive unit has taken a giant step back from the line to the skill players is not the definition of regression.

Can he stand to improve? No **** but atleast look at the season by season progression he made then look up the actual definition of the word "regression"[/QUOTE]

Good Post.

I have never been a big Sanchez supporter (hell I called him Suckhez for his first 2 seasons) but watching the games he is not our problem! The Offense has taken a huge step back this season (not Sanchez). Our O-Line is really mediocre, our running game has been mediocre and our Wide Receivers can't get open to save their lives!

We need to fix the O-Line, we need an upgrade at our #1 RB position and we need a deep threat in the receiving game to stretch the field! I don't know why everyone's expectations are so out of whack, the guy is doing the best with what he has been given.

I called this was going to happen with the changes we made in the offseason.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    more than anything, people are criticizing sanchez b/c he's 'only' improving a little each year. everyone is waiting for that 'aha' moment where he suddenly becomes drew brees. but that's not going to happen. there's nothing wrong with gradual development. it's not like the rest of the team is ready to contend for a championship anyway. they have aging lbs, no safeties, little pass rush and little speed at wr. 2 yrs ago the entire team was better, except for the qb. this year the qb is better than 2 yrs ago, but nearly every other position is worse.

considering how bad the jets qbs have been over the years, i still find it amazing, and somewhat disturbing, that so many complain about a qb, in his 3rd year, who has 18 tds and 11 ints. to think, 2 yrs ago, watching sanchez as a rookie, how many would have signed up for 18 tds and 11 picks just 2 yrs later.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    dump

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=dassin;4259864]We beat the cowboys and jaguars, these mistakes werent THAT costly.[/QUOTE]

+1

I wouldn't point to two victories and claim that Sanchez cost the team. Besides, isn't this the first time he's really being allowed/asked to make a lot of executive decisions on the field....he's learning and mistakes will be made.

On the flip side, while Cromartie was fumbling punts and tipping balls to Brad Smith....while Revis was having a very pedestrian game as Stevie Johnson had 8 receptions....Sanchez bailed out the defense with 4 TD passes in a 28-24 come-from-behind win.

Mark needs to improve, he's been very average this year, although he currently has a higher QB rating this year than his first two NFL seasons, a higher completion percentage than the past two years, and has thrown more TDs than in any of his NFL seasons.

We need to see him do better....but I can't stand here and kill the guy as the sole reason the Jets are only 1 game over .500.