Thread: Kerley, LT

Kerley, LT

Looks like both are set to return and I think it will be a big plus. Not only can Kerley catch punts and LT pick up blitzes (especially important with the Skins OLBs bringing pressure), but Sanchez seems to trust these guys in the passing game. And Sanchez can actually put the ball on them with some consistency. Hopefully the jets aren't in too many 3rd down spots Sunday, but Kerley and LT offer that quickness usually needed from a WR on 3rd and 4 or 5.

Holmes has great speed, but he doesn't seem to be seperating from DBs on the shorter patterns. Obviously, the league is on to our quick slant routine. Looking for Kerley to grab 5 or 6 this weekend.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BamaJets;4260176]Looks like both are set to return and I think it will be a big plus. Not only can Kerley catch punts and LT pick up blitzes (especially important with the Skins OLBs bringing pressure), but Sanchez seems to trust these guys in the passing game. And Sanchez can actually put the ball on them with some consistency. Hopefully the jets aren't in too many 3rd down spots Sunday, but Kerley and LT offer that quickness usually needed from a WR on 3rd and 4 or 5.

Holmes has great speed, but he doesn't seem to be seperating from DBs on the shorter patterns. Obviously, the league is on to our quick slant routine. Looking for Kerley to grab 5 or 6 this weekend.[/QUOTE]

Sanchez trusts LT and Kerley because he knows they will run crisp routes and be where he expects them to be when they're supposed to be there. He has a high completion percentage with Kerley.

All League
    [QUOTE=Vinny Testaverde's Niece;4260183]Sanchez trusts LT and Kerley because he knows they will run crisp routes and be where he expects them to be when they're supposed to be there. He has a high completion percentage with Kerley.[/QUOTE]

Exactly!

Even the almighty Brady struggles when guys like Ochocinco or In-Decline Moss aren't running the routes they're supposed to be running as crisply as possible. Sanchez needs more guys like Kerley. I'm excited for his return to the lineup.

Kerley is something like 17 for 19. And LT has a high % too. They need to get them involved lots this game. I like Pat Turner, but he's the Plax mold -- big, but slower. The jets coaches love him. but kerley is our new jerricho and by that I mean the old jerricho

I thought Turner did a decent job. Id like to see this burner Riley we took off the Broncos practice squad. We need a WR to stretch the field.