Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kenrick Ellis DT gets the start

Kenrick Ellis DT gets the start

[url]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/12/dt_kenrick_ellis_gets_start_fo.html[/url]

All League
    We lost to buffalo last week?!

[QUOTE=stanner;4260483]We lost to buffalo last week?![/QUOTE]

Haha, didn't catch that. Pretty horrible he botched that.

Jets Insider VIP
    You didn't hear?

We forfeited the Buffalo game because Sanchez was caught by an NFL sub-agency, the PLA (The Professional Lipreaders Association), using unnecessary profane language on the sidelines in plain sight of the cameras.

Well, according to the scoreboard we won, but that's so 2010. Here in 2011, if we don't "look good" doing it, we don't get to count it (at least that's what I've been told . . .)

this is a good thing.
    looking forward to watching him play.
    mo wilk has been excellent, but k ellis has not seen a lot of snaps...

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Awesome, go kick some ass Kenrick

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

That completely ruins our playoff chances. I thought we won that game. I guess we need to have at least 7 more points than the other team to win. :huh:

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets coach Rex Ryan said that rookie DT Kenrick Ellis will get the start for the injured Mike DeVito (knee) who left midway through last Sunday's loss to Buffalo.

and this guy covers the Jets for a local newspaper in the NY Metro area.........well, it is a Newark newspaper but that probably still counts

this is good. maybe ellis will spark some good play making on defense. sometimes it only takes one guy in the right place.

[QUOTE=sg3;4260553]Jets coach Rex Ryan said that rookie DT Kenrick Ellis will get the start for the injured Mike DeVito (knee) who left midway through last Sunday's loss to Buffalo.

and this guy covers the Jets for a local newspaper in the NY Metro area.........well, it is a Newark newspaper but that probably still counts[/QUOTE]

I called the Star-Ledger and went off on the sports editor they hung up on me.

and as soon as they hung up, they fixed it. Thanks. You shouldn't feel offended. Hanging up on you served its purpose.

Jets Insider VIP
    Jets coach Rex Ryan said that rookie DT Kenrick Ellis will get the start for the injured Mike DeVito (knee) who left midway through last Sunday's win over Buffalo.

revised article after GMC's phone call

great job by GMC

crappy job by NSL "journalist" who got paid for his efforts

The Star-Ledger favors the Giants anyway I told them that. They can go to hell there paper sucks anyway.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4260604]I called the Star-Ledger and went off on the sports editor they hung up on me.[/QUOTE]
    Audio or it didn't happen.

:D

Edit: results speak for themselves. But I still would like to hear the audio!

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

I'm pretty pumped on this. Going to be cool to have both rooks starting together for the the first time. Wilkerson-Pouha-K Ellis, those are three big talented players. And in 4-3 looks Maybin lined up outside :rockon:

Perhaps the writer didn't watch the game and was only going by what he read on this board.

All League
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4260632]I'm pretty pumped on this. Going to be cool to have both rooks starting together for the the first time. Wilkerson-Pouha-K Ellis, those are three big talented players. And in 4-3 looks Maybin lined up outside :rockon:[/QUOTE]

Talk about a far cry from last year. This time last year we were wondering about our Dline depth and how healthy can they stay.

Ellis is raw, but I think he has some upside. Maybe not this year but down the road.