Thread: Stadium question

Stadium question

What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Jets side vs. visitor side on the lower level?

Resale on visitor side is very good. I have a pair of 140 seats, 4 rows from field. Did very well selling htem this year. Sold them for 4 times face for SD, NE and Boys. All otehr games sold for twice face or more.

No, I did not buy them just to sell, I have another set as well.

All League
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4260736]What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Jets side vs. visitor side on the lower level?[/QUOTE]

1) Where are you likely to be parking and exiting the stadium? (see parking diagram and compare to stadium)
    2) Some people like to be on the "home" side b/c they are closer to their team and can often see into the sideline area.
    3) Other people like the visitor side b/c the home players and coaches are facing them. They don't like sitting on visitor side b/c staring at backs of the Jets players (that is a personal preference).
    4) If you look at the Jets stadium seating chart (link below), you'll note that the "same" sections on each side don't always line up with each other. In particular, compare the Lower Sideline Select seats on the home side and you will see the same seas are Lower Prime (thus cheaper) on the visitors side.

If I was sitting either section, I would like to be in a higher row. You are still close to the action and can easily see over the top of things without feeling like you are in the UD.

Note: I am not positive on the Home side (I am on the visitors side EZ), but there is normally a TV truck roaming up and down the visitors side behind the bench area. For lower row seats on the visitor's side, that camera guy will obstruct your view. Pretty sure a similar truck run down the home side, but I am not positive.

[url]http://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets-and-stadium/new-stadium/seating-chart.html?061010[/url]

Visitors side is usually in the sade and cooler / colder that sitting on the home side where for day game the sun in in your face.

All League
    [QUOTE=millsan1;4260754]Resale on visitor side is very good. I have a pair of 140 seats, 4 rows from field. Did very well selling htem this year. Sold them for 4 times face for SD, NE and Boys. All otehr games sold for twice face or more.

No, I did not buy them just to sell, I have another set as well.[/QUOTE]

did you sell your xmas eve tickets?

[QUOTE=tedtedthefootballhead;4260785]did you sell your xmas eve tickets?[/QUOTE]

No, gave them to Mom and Step Dad for Xmas. She is a JETS fan and he is a Midgets fan. Should be fun.

From the visitors side the big screen tvs have the same perspective as you. From the home side the screen is are opposite of what you are seeing (right to left on screen and left to right in real space)

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;4260736]What are the advantages and disadvantages of the Jets side vs. visitor side on the lower level?[/QUOTE]

Visitors side is mostly shady and home side sun (awful for glare and oppressive heat in Sept/Oct, but warmer for 1:00 games in Nov/Dec). Lowers on visitor side have large vending area near the West Gate. Also, more yellow/green lots near visitor's side entrances.

Jets Insider VIP

in the one game or so the Jets play in the daytime in early September, the visitor side is equal or better because it is hot

after October 1, for any 1 PM Sunday game, the Jets side is vastly better because it is warm and shirtsleeves while the visitors side is frozen tundra, ski parkas, long underwear, blankets and hand warmers

Is one side easier to get in and out?

[QUOTE=millsan1;4260754]Resale on visitor side is very good. I have a pair of 140 seats, 4 rows from field. Did very well selling htem this year. Sold them for 4 times face for SD, NE and Boys. All otehr games sold for twice face or more.

No, I did not buy them just to sell, I have another set as well.[/QUOTE]

The other side equivalent are the expensive clubs. How much were the PSL's on yours?

Jets Insider VIP
    all sides are easy to get out from the LL

on the visitors side, you go down to the exit tunnels and you are at exit level

on the home side you go up to the back of each section and down one short staircase or escalator to the exit level.

the rest depends on where your car is parked and what road you wish to exit to

If you are railgating, the Jets side is easier

There are no more stadium threads on Jets Insider, so stop asking questions that you already know the answers to in an attempt to start one up.

SAR I

[QUOTE=SAR I;4261022]There are no more stadium threads on Jets Insider, so stop asking questions that you already know the answers to in an attempt to start one up.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

I don't know the differences between both sides, sorry.

[QUOTE=Heynowguy;4261005]The other side equivalent are the expensive clubs. How much were the PSL's on yours?[/QUOTE]

$20k per I think

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4261030]I don't know the differences between both sides, sorry.[/QUOTE]

I don't think SAR's comment was meant for you......it is a comment on the fact that we used to have a single thread specifically for questions on the stadium and it was closed by the moderators.

As for choosing sides, I sat on the sunny side of the old place for over a decade. I got sunburn in the August and September games, and had to deal with the sun glare for almost all the games (Since the Jets were hardly on at night back then). My wife liked the sunny side in the colder months.

When I picked my seats in the new stadium, I purposely chose to be on the shady side......but it really is a matter of opinion. With the new Stadium, I also park in the Green lots, so those lots are closer to the shady side. So where you park might help you decide on which side you choose.

[QUOTE=rgoltsch;4261490]I don't think SAR's comment was meant for you......it is a comment on the fact that we used to have a single thread specifically for questions on the stadium and it was closed by the moderators.

As for choosing sides, I sat on the sunny side of the old place for over a decade. I got sunburn in the August and September games, and had to deal with the sun glare for almost all the games (Since the Jets were hardly on at night back then). My wife liked the sunny side in the colder months.

When I picked my seats in the new stadium, I purposely chose to be on the shady side......but it really is a matter of opinion. With the new Stadium, I also park in the Green lots, so those lots are closer to the shady side. So where you park might help you decide on which side you choose.[/QUOTE]

I see you have a club seat, how do you like it? To me it's a bit pricey, but it seems to have its advantages.

Rookie
    [QUOTE=Heynowguy;4267717]I see you have a club seat, how do you like it? To me it's a bit pricey, but it seems to have its advantages.[/QUOTE]

Note to the Mods.....I did not create this thread. I understand it is against your wishes to have anyone discussing the new stadium. However, I am answering a direct question from a fellow JI'er.....I hope you see fit to allow this small transgression. :-)

That being said.....

Pricey? Yup. My seats are $205 per game and I paid a $5000 PSL. However, I get a great view. You might have read SAR raving about his view. My view is similar, except it is two sections over to his left....so it is a bit closer. The seats are wider, padded leather, and have more legroom (There are about two club seat rows in the same distance the regular section has three rows) than the regular seating.

The service in the club usually comes from smiling staff that really seems to want to make sure you have a good time. I cannot tell if that is different from the rest of the stadium....but it is a giant leap forward comapred to the old stadium staff.

Getting out of the stadium isn't bad after the game....there is one large mixup at the top of the escalators, but once you are on them, it is smooth sailing until you hit the parking lots. There, the Green parking passes that gave you spots closest to the stadium are actually worse than the Orange and Yellow passes. Sure, you have less distance to walk to your car....but you have to drive across more parking lots to actually get out. I have been trying to find the best exit strategy to get on Route 3 West from the Green lots......but it is a lesson in frustration.

All that being said, I enjoy the premium experience in the club. I arrive early and relax in a climate controlled environment before the game. I walk out to my seats a few minutes before introductions. If it is cold out, I can go inside and warm up at halftime. In the old place, I hated halftime for the December games. With no game going on, you have nothing to distract you from the encroaching cold seeping into your fingers and toes.

Then there is the "wow" factor. When you take someone to the game for the first time, most people are really surprised how nice the clubs are and how comfortable the seats are. They don't realize how nice the new stadium has gotten.

I hope that answers your questions

[QUOTE=rgoltsch;4268435]Note to the Mods.....I did not create this thread. I understand it is against your wishes to have anyone discussing the new stadium. However, I am answering a direct question from a fellow JI'er.....I hope you see fit to allow this small transgression. :-)

That being said.....

Pricey? Yup. My seats are $205 per game and I paid a $5000 PSL. However, I get a great view. You might have read SAR raving about his view. My view is similar, except it is two sections over to his left....so it is a bit closer. The seats are wider, padded leather, and have more legroom (There are about two club seat rows in the same distance the regular section has three rows) than the regular seating.

The service in the club usually comes from smiling staff that really seems to want to make sure you have a good time. I cannot tell if that is different from the rest of the stadium....but it is a giant leap forward comapred to the old stadium staff.

Getting out of the stadium isn't bad after the game....there is one large mixup at the top of the escalators, but once you are on them, it is smooth sailing until you hit the parking lots. There, the Green parking passes that gave you spots closest to the stadium are actually worse than the Orange and Yellow passes. Sure, you have less distance to walk to your car....but you have to drive across more parking lots to actually get out. I have been trying to find the best exit strategy to get on Route 3 West from the Green lots......but it is a lesson in frustration.

All that being said, I enjoy the premium experience in the club. I arrive early and relax in a climate controlled environment before the game. I walk out to my seats a few minutes before introductions. If it is cold out, I can go inside and warm up at halftime. In the old place, I hated halftime for the December games. With no game going on, you have nothing to distract you from the encroaching cold seeping into your fingers and toes.

Then there is the "wow" factor. When you take someone to the game for the first time, most people are really surprised how nice the clubs are and how comfortable the seats are. They don't realize how nice the new stadium has gotten.

I hope that answers your questions[/QUOTE]

I think the mod had an issue with the stadium thread because it was abused. I'm hoping the same behavior wont enter here.

I thought of the club, but the extra price per ticket scared me off. The PSL was reasonable. I also wanted to be covered in the rain and the club seats didn't offer that. But that weather controlled environment is nice and I think you can actually get some decent food there. It's a shame that I can get a healthier meal at Wendy's than in Jetlife stadium.

You have the better view of the filed than I do. I think getting out of the stadium is easier for me. When I win the lotto, I'm getting a suite, your my guest for the first game there, so wish me luck at that lotto.

Every seat has advantages and disadvantages. Probably Woody has the only seat with all the advantages.

[QUOTE=sg3;4261006]all sides are easy to get out from the LL

on the visitors side, you go down to the exit tunnels and you are at exit level

on the home side you go up to the back of each section and down one short staircase or escalator to the exit level.

the rest depends on where your car is parked and what road you wish to exit to

If you are railgating, the Jets side is easier[/QUOTE]

It looks to me that going up on the Jets side is easier that going down on the visitor side, visitor side is more of a funnel? Am I wrong?

But once you are out, the visitor slide is closer to the parking.