Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If message boards existed in the 1960's...

If message boards existed in the 1960's...

how hard would 90% of you be hating on Namath?

good god this site brings the enjoyment out of football. nothing but complaints.

All League
    [QUOTE=Sanchez 3:16;4260797]how hard would 90% of you be hating on Namath?

good god this site brings the enjoyment out of football. nothing but complaints.[/QUOTE]

I agree Sanchez has been taking a lot of heat, but to compare him to Namath is asinine! Joe, while erratic, was exciting to watch. Mark? Not so much.

it's not a comparision, just a general observation of the misery around here.

Veteran
    If MBs existed in the 60s, John Lennon would have his own board and how cool would that be?

[QUOTE=simijet;4260798]I agree Sanchez has been taking a lot of heat, but to compare him to Namath is asinine! Joe, while erratic, was exciting to watch. Mark? Not so much.[/QUOTE]

Your nuts if you think most of this board wouldn't go BESERK after most of Joe's games . . .

Namath was putting up better numbers than most of the league. You have to consider the era.

All League
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4260824]Namath was putting up better numbers than most of the league. You have to consider the era.[/QUOTE]

So is Sanchez.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

good god this site brings the enjoyment out of football. nothing but complaints.[/QUOTE]

To a lot of fans being critical and complaining is what they love to do.. That is their enjoyment.. :yes:

[QUOTE=simijet;4260798]I agree Sanchez has been taking a lot of heat, but to compare him to Namath is asinine! Joe, while erratic, was exciting to watch. Mark? Not so much.[/QUOTE]

So the last two years haven't been exciting? The comebacks? The playoff wins? These last two years have been some of the best in this franchise's history. Sanchez has been a big part of that whether you like it or not.

All League

Nobody would be posting because of free love.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Sanchez 3:16;4260797]nothing but complaints.[/QUOTE]

Throwing stones in a glass house.

Jets Insider VIP
    this is just like the question..what would Abraham Lincoln be doing if he was alive today....

clawing at the inside of his coffin of course....

Practice Squad
    [QUOTE=lolepop;4260889]this is just like the question..what would Abraham Lincoln be doing if he was alive today....

clawing at the inside of his coffin of course....[/QUOTE]
    omgggggggggg lol i did not see that coming

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

But at least whiny beotches would have a place to come and scold other fans who have the NERVE to find any fault with the team, the stadium, the coaches, or anything else.

All League
    [QUOTE=NxYxJets;4260846]So the last two years haven't been exciting? The comebacks? The playoff wins? These last two years have been some of the best in this franchise's history. Sanchez has been a big part of that whether you like it or not.[/QUOTE]

Very exciting time to be a Jets fan because of [B][I]the [/I][/B][B][I]team[/I][/B]'[B][I]s [/I][/B]success indeed:yes:

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=WeebForWeed]Man, that Batgirl is a swell girl, really built. Someone put up a Kodachrome of her![/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Yvonne-Craig-Batgirl-image-1.png[/IMG]

Yeah, that new episode last night of her fighting the Riddler, man, outa-sight!

SAR I

[QUOTE=Woody56;4260830]So is Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Complete nonsense

completion percentage - 28th
    yards per attempt - 24th
    total yards passing - 15th
    INTs - T-9th most
    QBR - 30th
    passer rating - 19th
    DVOA - 19th

Yeah, better than most of the league, if most of the league is Tim Tebow, Josh Freeman, Curtis Painter, Kevin Kolb, and Tarvaris Jackson

All League
    [QUOTE=SAR I;4260933][IMG]http://collider.com/wp-content/uploads/Yvonne-Craig-Batgirl-image-1.png[/IMG]

Yeah, that new episode last night of her fighting the Riddler, man, outa-sight!

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Great post!

And the OP makes an excellent point.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=SlickBri481;4260824]Namath was putting up better numbers than most of the league. You have to consider the era.[/QUOTE]

I also think Joe Knew how to take care of the football better than Sanchez.
    plus I dont like his number 6. Number 7 would have been a better QB#.

[B]Frankly I hate Sanchez #6 its bad luck for the Jets.[/B]

Banned
    [QUOTE=TechJet;4260963]I also think Joe Knew how to take care of the football better than Sanchez.[/QUOTE]

Namath had 173 tds and [b]220 Int's[/b] with a 65.5 QB rating over his career. In 12 seasons Namath threw for more td's then int's only twice. His overall record as a QB was 62-63-4 which is not good at all. Don't make Namath out to be Montana b/c he wasn't. If he played like this now he would be the worst QB in the league. I know, "it was a different era" but still the other "great" QB's during his era had way better numbers.