Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: If message boards existed in the 1960's...

  1. #1

    If message boards existed in the 1960's...

    how hard would 90% of you be hating on Namath?

    good god this site brings the enjoyment out of football. nothing but complaints.

  2. #2
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    how hard would 90% of you be hating on Namath?

    good god this site brings the enjoyment out of football. nothing but complaints.
    I agree Sanchez has been taking a lot of heat, but to compare him to Namath is asinine! Joe, while erratic, was exciting to watch. Mark? Not so much.

  3. #3
    it's not a comparision, just a general observation of the misery around here.

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    light-years ahead
    Posts
    2,843
    If MBs existed in the 60s, John Lennon would have his own board and how cool would that be?

  5. #5
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,325
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I agree Sanchez has been taking a lot of heat, but to compare him to Namath is asinine! Joe, while erratic, was exciting to watch. Mark? Not so much.
    Your nuts if you think most of this board wouldn't go BESERK after most of Joe's games . . .

  6. #6
    Namath was putting up better numbers than most of the league. You have to consider the era.

  7. #7
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    4,540
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Namath was putting up better numbers than most of the league. You have to consider the era.
    So is Sanchez.

  8. #8
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Naples FL
    Posts
    44,945
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    how hard would 90% of you be hating on Namath?

    good god this site brings the enjoyment out of football. nothing but complaints.
    To a lot of fans being critical and complaining is what they love to do.. That is their enjoyment..

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by simijet View Post
    I agree Sanchez has been taking a lot of heat, but to compare him to Namath is asinine! Joe, while erratic, was exciting to watch. Mark? Not so much.
    So the last two years haven't been exciting? The comebacks? The playoff wins? These last two years have been some of the best in this franchise's history. Sanchez has been a big part of that whether you like it or not.

  10. #10
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    The Iron Throne
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    how hard would 90% of you be hating on Namath?

    good god this site brings the enjoyment out of football. nothing but complaints.
    Nobody would be posting because of free love.

  11. #11
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    6,984
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanchez 3:16 View Post
    nothing but complaints.
    Throwing stones in a glass house.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    great midwest -well not so great
    Posts
    9,571
    this is just like the question..what would Abraham Lincoln be doing if he was alive today....














































































    clawing at the inside of his coffin of course....

  13. #13
    Practice Squad
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    331
    Quote Originally Posted by lolepop View Post
    this is just like the question..what would Abraham Lincoln be doing if he was alive today....











































































    clawing at the inside of his coffin of course....
    omgggggggggg lol i did not see that coming

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    L.I. NY (where the Jets used to be from)
    Posts
    13,472
    But at least whiny beotches would have a place to come and scold other fans who have the NERVE to find any fault with the team, the stadium, the coaches, or anything else.

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    4,244
    Quote Originally Posted by NxYxJets View Post
    So the last two years haven't been exciting? The comebacks? The playoff wins? These last two years have been some of the best in this franchise's history. Sanchez has been a big part of that whether you like it or not.
    Very exciting time to be a Jets fan because of the team's success indeed

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    36,218
    Quote Originally Posted by WeebForWeed
    Man, that Batgirl is a swell girl, really built. Someone put up a Kodachrome of her!


    Yeah, that new episode last night of her fighting the Riddler, man, outa-sight!

    SAR I

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody56 View Post
    So is Sanchez.
    Complete nonsense

    completion percentage - 28th
    yards per attempt - 24th
    total yards passing - 15th
    INTs - T-9th most
    QBR - 30th
    passer rating - 19th
    DVOA - 19th

    Yeah, better than most of the league, if most of the league is Tim Tebow, Josh Freeman, Curtis Painter, Kevin Kolb, and Tarvaris Jackson

  18. #18
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Forked River, NJ
    Posts
    4,741
    Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post


    Yeah, that new episode last night of her fighting the Riddler, man, outa-sight!

    SAR I
    Great post!

    And the OP makes an excellent point.

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Fr:NYC to Mid Ga.
    Posts
    8,837
    Quote Originally Posted by SlickBri481 View Post
    Namath was putting up better numbers than most of the league. You have to consider the era.
    I also think Joe Knew how to take care of the football better than Sanchez.
    plus I dont like his number 6. Number 7 would have been a better QB#.

    Frankly I hate Sanchez #6 its bad luck for the Jets.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Jets Land
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by TechJet View Post
    I also think Joe Knew how to take care of the football better than Sanchez.
    Namath had 173 tds and 220 Int's with a 65.5 QB rating over his career. In 12 seasons Namath threw for more td's then int's only twice. His overall record as a QB was 62-63-4 which is not good at all. Don't make Namath out to be Montana b/c he wasn't. If he played like this now he would be the worst QB in the league. I know, "it was a different era" but still the other "great" QB's during his era had way better numbers.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us