Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: WHo is going to Washington

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,575

    WHo is going to Washington

    Taking Amtrak up Sunday morning. Got great seats on stub hub 50yd line behind Jet bench.

  2. #2
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    5,837
    I wish!!! Have fun and Go Jets!!! Rock the house(100'000 fans to sleep)..

  3. #3
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    190
    I'll be there. I have 2 extra tickets, $30 /each.

  4. #4
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    14,859
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    Taking Amtrak up Sunday morning. Got great seats on stub hub 50yd line behind Jet bench.
    I heard bad things about the Metro hook up. The Amtrak is long enough. Has anyone taken that route before?

    FSU, can you provide ticket details?

  5. #5
    Undrafted Free Agent
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    190
    Section 425 Row 8

  6. #6
    I'll be there! Section 130 in the end zone, like 20 rows up

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    I heard bad things about the Metro hook up. The Amtrak is long enough. Has anyone taken that route before?

    FSU, can you provide ticket details?
    I took Amtrak to Baltimore game and had no issues leaving out of Metropark NJ STATION.

    We are going to take a cab to FED EX once we get off train in DC.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    I heard bad things about the Metro hook up. The Amtrak is long enough. Has anyone taken that route before?

    FSU, can you provide ticket details?
    If you take Amtrak into Union Station, you will need to transfer to the Metro. At Union station, it is the Red line. Take the Red Line to Metro Center and transsfer to the Blue Line heading in the direction of Largo, Maryland. I believe you either get off at Addison Road or Morgan Blvd and walk to the stadium about 1 mile.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    I took Amtrak to Baltimore game and had no issues leaving out of Metropark NJ STATION.

    We are going to take a cab to FED EX once we get off train in DC.
    I think that will cost you about $70 one way. If you are not driving to the stadium, you are better off taking Metro. The cabs in DC are metered and traffic into Fedex field is horrible.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by JumbalayaJet View Post
    I heard bad things about the Metro hook up. The Amtrak is long enough. Has anyone taken that route before?

    FSU, can you provide ticket details?
    Here's the link (and maps) for DC Metro:

    http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm

  11. #11
    All League
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    3,074
    I really want to go. I go to school in DC, but between finals and no friends wanting to join (bc of finals), it looks like I'll be watching at home.

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    If you take Amtrak into Union Station, you will need to transfer to the Metro. At Union station, it is the Red line. Take the Red Line to Metro Center and transsfer to the Blue Line heading in the direction of Largo, Maryland. I believe you either get off at Addison Road or Morgan Blvd and walk to the stadium about 1 mile.
    Were taking Amtrak into New Carrollton Station which is about 3 miles from stadium.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    Were taking Amtrak into New Carrollton Station which is about 3 miles from stadium.
    New Carrollton is the Orange line. I assume you will be taking a cab from New Carrollton?

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    1,575
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    New Carrollton is the Orange line. I assume you will be taking a cab from New Carrollton?
    yes thats the plan.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    yes thats the plan.
    Ok. Just makign sure. If not, that would be one hell of a long walk.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Fairfield County, CT
    Posts
    6,870
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    Were taking Amtrak into New Carrollton Station which is about 3 miles from stadium.
    I've been to FedEx Field by car but never by rail.

    But in looking at the map that was posted, why not go to the Morgan Boulevard Station on the Blue Line which it says is about 1 miles from the Stadium ??

  17. #17
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Germantown, MD
    Posts
    42
    I am going to my first Jets game and yes, Morgan Blvd on the blue line is the closest stop to FedEx Field.

    Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by jet-sec125 View Post
    I took Amtrak to Baltimore game and had no issues leaving out of Metropark NJ STATION.

    We are going to take a cab to FED EX once we get off train in DC.
    take the metro instead of a cab. cab will be about 50 bucks. metro drops you off about 3/4 miles from the stadium.

    http://www.wmata.com/

  19. #19
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,452
    Quote Originally Posted by jetssjumets View Post
    New Carrollton is the Orange line. I assume you will be taking a cab from New Carrollton?
    new carloton cab will be cheaper than from union station where most folks come into. i would go to morgan blvd however and just walk. very easy walk and close.

  20. #20
    All League
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    3,972
    Hopefully the Jets actually show up.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us