Thread: WHo is going to Washington

Veteran

WHo is going to Washington

Taking Amtrak up Sunday morning. Got great seats on stub hub 50yd line behind Jet bench.

I wish!!! Have fun and Go Jets!!! Rock the house(100'000 fans to sleep)..:D

I'll be there. I have 2 extra tickets, $30 /each.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jet-sec125;4260880]Taking Amtrak up Sunday morning. Got great seats on stub hub 50yd line behind Jet bench.[/QUOTE]I heard bad things about the Metro hook up. The Amtrak is long enough. Has anyone taken that route before?

FSU, can you provide ticket details?

Section 425 Row 8

I'll be there! Section 130 in the end zone, like 20 rows up

Veteran
    [QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;4260908]I heard bad things about the Metro hook up. The Amtrak is long enough. Has anyone taken that route before?

FSU, can you provide ticket details?[/QUOTE]

I took Amtrak to Baltimore game and had no issues leaving out of Metropark NJ STATION.

We are going to take a cab to FED EX once we get off train in DC.

[QUOTE=JumbalayaJet;4260908]I heard bad things about the Metro hook up. The Amtrak is long enough. Has anyone taken that route before?

If you take Amtrak into Union Station, you will need to transfer to the Metro. At Union station, it is the Red line. Take the Red Line to Metro Center and transsfer to the Blue Line heading in the direction of Largo, Maryland. I believe you either get off at Addison Road or Morgan Blvd and walk to the stadium about 1 mile.

[QUOTE=jet-sec125;4261385]I took Amtrak to Baltimore game and had no issues leaving out of Metropark NJ STATION.

We are going to take a cab to FED EX once we get off train in DC.[/QUOTE]

I think that will cost you about $70 one way. If you are not driving to the stadium, you are better off taking Metro. The cabs in DC are metered and traffic into Fedex field is horrible.

Here's the link (and maps) for DC Metro:

[url]http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm[/url]

I really want to go. I go to school in DC, but between finals and no friends wanting to join (bc of finals), it looks like I'll be watching at home. :(

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4261396]If you take Amtrak into Union Station, you will need to transfer to the Metro. At Union station, it is the Red line. Take the Red Line to Metro Center and transsfer to the Blue Line heading in the direction of Largo, Maryland. I believe you either get off at Addison Road or Morgan Blvd and walk to the stadium about 1 mile.[/QUOTE]

Were taking Amtrak into New Carrollton Station which is about 3 miles from stadium.

[QUOTE=jet-sec125;4261406]Were taking Amtrak into New Carrollton Station which is about 3 miles from stadium.[/QUOTE]

New Carrollton is the Orange line. I assume you will be taking a cab from New Carrollton?

Veteran
    [QUOTE=jetssjumets;4261407]New Carrollton is the Orange line. I assume you will be taking a cab from New Carrollton?[/QUOTE]

yes thats the plan.

[QUOTE=jet-sec125;4261409]yes thats the plan.[/QUOTE]

Ok. Just makign sure. If not, that would be one hell of a long walk. :)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=jet-sec125;4261406]Were taking Amtrak into New Carrollton Station which is about 3 miles from stadium.[/QUOTE]

I've been to FedEx Field by car but never by rail.

But in looking at the map that was posted, why not go to the Morgan Boulevard Station on the Blue Line which it says is about 1 miles from the Stadium ??

Waterboy
    I am going to my first Jets game and yes, Morgan Blvd on the blue line is the closest stop to FedEx Field.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=jet-sec125;4261385]I took Amtrak to Baltimore game and had no issues leaving out of Metropark NJ STATION.

We are going to take a cab to FED EX once we get off train in DC.[/QUOTE]

take the metro instead of a cab. cab will be about 50 bucks. metro drops you off about 3/4 miles from the stadium.

[url]http://www.wmata.com/[/url]

[QUOTE=jetssjumets;4261407]New Carrollton is the Orange line. I assume you will be taking a cab from New Carrollton?[/QUOTE]

new carloton cab will be cheaper than from union station where most folks come into. i would go to morgan blvd however and just walk. very easy walk and close.

Hopefully the Jets actually show up.