Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jets bring in Tom Moore to iron out kinks

Jets bring in Tom Moore to iron out kinks

I thought Santonio's comments were interesting.

Jets bring in Tom Moore, offensive guru, to iron out kinks as they fight for playoff spot
    Published: Friday, December 02, 2011, 4:00 AM Updated: Friday, December 02, 2011, 4:09 AM
    By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

Tom Moore arrived in New Jersey late Wednesday night. The Jets’ offensive consultant had been doing a lot of consulting from afar — his home in South Carolina, to be exact — and this week, he’s doing it face to face.
    “I’d like to get him around here more,” coach Rex Ryan said. “I’m going to try to keep him here, but we’ll see if his wife will let him.”
    This is one of Moore’s pre-arranged visits to the Jets’ facility since being hired in the offseason, a team spokesman said. He was here during training camp, and returned again for the San Diego Chargers game leading into the bye week. But it certainly is good timing.
    Moore, who spent 12 seasons as the Indianapolis Colts’ offensive coordinator, joined the team on the practice field for the first time since camp. He sat at the back of the offensive meeting room with the assistant coaches, standing up and offering observations at times, and spent the rest of the day in the quarterbacks’ room.
    Because of Moore’s experience coaching Indianapolis’ Peyton Manning-led offense, the Jets draw on his experience especially for the passing game — precisely the area targeted for improvement and fine-tuning as the Jets aim to make a playoffs push.
    [B]“He’s been a lot of help to us thus far, and even now coming back around, he’s just going to influence a lot more in our passing game,” receiver Santonio Holmes said. “It’s up to our offensive coordinator if he’s going to take in the words. But I’m pretty sure they brought him in for a little bit of words of encouragement.”[/B]
    Moore has indeed been a source of positivity. Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer said Moore “might be the most positive person I have ever been around.” They have been in touch regularly, as Moore reviews each game and does advance work on opponents. Ryan also talks or e-mails with Moore every week.
    After one of the Jets’ recent losses, Moore faxed Schottenheimer his summary of the game, and Schottenheimer was surprised to see how many positive points Moore had identified. Ryan joked that like his dad, Moore, 73, has with age begun seeing things through rose-colored glasses.

But tight end Dustin Keller said Moore will also speak up about areas that need to be fixed, and has provided a balanced and fresh perspective.
    “He thinks that so far in the season, things have been pretty positive,” Keller said. “If you look at 60 plays, 50 of them will be amazing, will just be beautiful plays. But the other 10 will really set you back, and that’s a really good outlook.
    “Although you’re doing really well in the larger percentage of the plays, it’s not really that beneficial if you’re being killed by 10 others.”
    Keller put in time with Moore during training camp, learning how the offensive guru used Dallas Clark in Indianapolis. Thursday, they started to review some of the basics they covered in training camp, including route discipline and how to react to different defensive looks.
    Moore may accompany the team to this weekend’s game in Washington, Ryan said. But Moore’s role will not change from consultant, though Ryan has been prodding him to come around more.
    “He’s a consultant,” Ryan said. “He’s retired, but we were fortunate enough to get him as a consultant.”
    Among the areas the offense is working to improve, Ryan said he has not asked Moore during this visit about how to start faster — though he said he might. Whatever the source, the Jets are searching for ways to jell into a playoffs-caliber offense.
    “We have to be willing to pick his brain and take advantage of it,” Keller said. “Anything to help get things in the right direction and get things a little better.”
    For more Jets coverage, follow Jenny Vrentas on Twitter at twitter.com/Jennyvrentas
    Jenny Vrentas: [email]jvrentas@starledger.com[/email]

[URL="http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/12/jets_ask_tom_moore_offensive_g.html"]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/12/jets_ask_tom_moore_offensive_g.html[/URL]

Practice Squad
    we usually jus bring stuff to the dry cleaners when we need somehting ironed out

All League
    Tone really dislikes Schotty...

[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;4260910]Tone really dislikes Schotty...[/QUOTE]

Wow. I think Holmes hates him.

All League
    [QUOTE=KR;4260915]Wow. I think Holmes hates him.[/QUOTE]

After a comment like that I wouldn't be surprised if he's benched for a few snaps. We've seen it happen already this season

I'm really starting to dislike Holmes. I don't like Schotty by any stretch of the imagination but Holmes needs to learn to STFU. He's a veteran and a Captain at that. He's been saying inappropriate stuff all year and he hasn't been playing that great this year either. That comment this week about how Emanuel Cook is in a better place now really pissed me off.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;4260920]After a comment like that I wouldn't be surprised if he's benched for a few snaps. We've seen it happen already this season[/QUOTE]

That will be helpful!!!!:rolleyes:

[QUOTE=Bugg Superstar;4260928].... That comment this week about how Emanuel Cook is in a better place now really pissed me off.[/QUOTE]
    Did you hear the whole quote in context, as he said it on one of the news stations? Or just what ESPN NY etc. reported?

The way Holmes framed it, in context, he was implying that Cook needed out of the environment he was currently in for reasons Holmes wouldn't disclose. Cook is from near Holmes' hometown, so he knows a lot about Cook's personal circumstances. Holmes was happy he was in a better position, a better place FOR HIM to be, and hoped the Ravens would use him to the best of his ability. Holmes wasn't taking a jab at the Jets. I don't know why that's something offensive, to want a guy you know well, to get out of a situation that's not in their best interest for them, but, I respect your opinion.

All League
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4260931]That will be helpful!!!!:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No one questions commissionaire Schottenheimer! [IMG]http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-commissar.gif[/IMG]

So... I see Tone is taking the news of Schotty's contract being extended through 2013 quite well. ROTFL.

This is a dude, who it seems, is practically begging, crying out, for a new offensive coordinator. He's tried not to snap again, but still, his lack of love, it shows in quotes like this. It's borderline comical how much he's begging for anyone to come in and take the helm as offensive coordinator. All, Tom's helped SO MUCH, he's so encouraging, he helps so much in the passing game... Just... LMFAO.

Rex says there's nothing to it, but... Rex said they were trying to get Tom to stay with the team for the rest of the season... to consult. I bet they are. I really wonder if there's more to why Rex wants Tom consulting on the premises, at Florham Park, for the rest of the season.

[QUOTE=lovethejets;4260938]So... I see Tone is taking the news of Schotty's contract being extended through 2013 quite well. ROTFL.

This is a dude, who it seems, is practically begging, crying out, for a new offensive coordinator. He's tried not to snap again, but still, his lack of love, it shows in quotes like this. It's borderline comical how much he's begging for anyone to come in and take the helm as offensive coordinator. All, Tom's helped SO MUCH, he's so encouraging, he helps so much in the passing game... Just... LMFAO.

Rex says there's nothing to it, but... Rex said they were trying to get Tom to stay with the team for the rest of the season... to consult. I bet they are. I really wonder if there's more to why Rex wants Tom consulting on the premises, at Florham Park, for the rest of the season.[/QUOTE]

This poster is 100% on.

Here we have a dude, Santonio Holmes, who has played his complete ******* off for the Jets and an inferior offensive coordinator. And we still get dumb shmucks on this bulletin board saying Holmes is 'yogging' or not trying.

Holmes is a game_changer. He makes big plays. The Jets offense is like a guy with E.D. Even if circumstances turn out perfectly, he can't take advantage. How do you think a guy like Holmes - who by the very nature of his game is not the fastest or strongest or tallest but just [B]gets it done[/B] - feels about this incompetence?

To think that he's been as benign as he's been so far is even a great accomplishment for him. There comes a point where you just get F*#*$%*cking pissed off that a complete inbred is still your offensive coordinator. I don't blame Holmes.

[QUOTE=Astoria;4260939]This poster is 100% on.

Here we have a dude, Santonio Holmes, who has played his complete ******* off for the Jets and an inferior offensive coordinator. And we still get dumb shmucks on this bulletin board saying Holmes is 'yogging' or not trying.

Holmes is a game_changer. He makes big plays. The Jets offense is like a guy with E.D. Even if circumstances turn out perfectly, he can't take advantage. How do you think a guy like Holmes - who by the very nature of his game is not the fastest or strongest or tallest but just [B]gets it done[/B] - feels about this incompetence?

To think that he's been as benign as he's been so far is even a great accomplishment for him. There comes a point where you just get F*#*$%*cking pissed off that a complete inbred is still your offensive coordinator. I don't blame Holmes.[/QUOTE]

The sorry part is the Jets management think this fools is an asset to the team. Until they finally realize that Schotty is the problem and not part of the solution we will continue to have a bottom of the league Offense.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=escamoter2;4260891]I thought Santonio's comments were interesting.

Jets bring in Tom Moore, offensive guru, to iron out kinks as they fight for playoff spot
    Published: Friday, December 02, 2011, 4:00 AM Updated: Friday, December 02, 2011, 4:09 AM
    By Jenny Vrentas/The Star-Ledger

Tom Moore arrived in New Jersey late Wednesday night. The Jets’ offensive consultant had been doing a lot of consulting from afar — his home in South Carolina, to be exact — and this week, he’s doing it face to face.
    “I’d like to get him around here more,” coach Rex Ryan said. “I’m going to try to keep him here, but we’ll see if his wife will let him.”
    This is one of Moore’s pre-arranged visits to the Jets’ facility since being hired in the offseason, a team spokesman said. He was here during training camp, and returned again for the San Diego Chargers game leading into the bye week. But it certainly is good timing.
    Moore, who spent 12 seasons as the Indianapolis Colts’ offensive coordinator, joined the team on the practice field for the first time since camp. He sat at the back of the offensive meeting room with the assistant coaches, standing up and offering observations at times, and spent the rest of the day in the quarterbacks’ room.
    Because of Moore’s experience coaching Indianapolis’ Peyton Manning-led offense, the Jets draw on his experience especially for the passing game — precisely the area targeted for improvement and fine-tuning as the Jets aim to make a playoffs push.
    [B]“He’s been a lot of help to us thus far, and even now coming back around, he’s just going to influence a lot more in our passing game,” receiver Santonio Holmes said. “It’s up to our offensive coordinator if he’s going to take in the words. But I’m pretty sure they brought him in for a little bit of words of encouragement.”[/B]
    Moore has indeed been a source of positivity. Offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer said Moore “might be the most positive person I have ever been around.” They have been in touch regularly, as Moore reviews each game and does advance work on opponents. Ryan also talks or e-mails with Moore every week.
    After one of the Jets’ recent losses, Moore faxed Schottenheimer his summary of the game, and Schottenheimer was surprised to see how many positive points Moore had identified. Ryan joked that like his dad, Moore, 73, has with age begun seeing things through rose-colored glasses.

But tight end Dustin Keller said Moore will also speak up about areas that need to be fixed, and has provided a balanced and fresh perspective.
    “He thinks that so far in the season, things have been pretty positive,” Keller said. “If you look at 60 plays, 50 of them will be amazing, will just be beautiful plays. But the other 10 will really set you back, and that’s a really good outlook.
    “Although you’re doing really well in the larger percentage of the plays, it’s not really that beneficial if you’re being killed by 10 others.”
    Keller put in time with Moore during training camp, learning how the offensive guru used Dallas Clark in Indianapolis. Thursday, they started to review some of the basics they covered in training camp, including route discipline and how to react to different defensive looks.
    Moore may accompany the team to this weekend’s game in Washington, Ryan said. But Moore’s role will not change from consultant, though Ryan has been prodding him to come around more.
    “He’s a consultant,” Ryan said. “He’s retired, but we were fortunate enough to get him as a consultant.”
    Among the areas the offense is working to improve, Ryan said he has not asked Moore during this visit about how to start faster — though he said he might. Whatever the source, the Jets are searching for ways to jell into a playoffs-caliber offense.
    “We have to be willing to pick his brain and take advantage of it,” Keller said. “Anything to help get things in the right direction and get things a little better.”
    For more Jets coverage, follow Jenny Vrentas on Twitter at twitter.com/Jennyvrentas
    Jenny Vrentas: [email]jvrentas@starledger.com[/email]

[URL="http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/12/jets_ask_tom_moore_offensive_g.html"]http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2011/12/jets_ask_tom_moore_offensive_g.html[/URL][/QUOTE]

And this is the guy everyone wanted over Edwards.....he will blow up in our faces.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Bugg Superstar;4260928]I'm really starting to dislike Holmes. I don't like Schotty by any stretch of the imagination but Holmes needs to learn to STFU. He's a veteran and a Captain at that. He's been saying inappropriate stuff all year and he hasn't been playing that great this year either. That comment this week about how Emanuel Cook is in a better place now really pissed me off.[/QUOTE]

yup....x 100

Veteran
    Holy Jesus would you guys get off of Holmes' back? Our offense will continue to suck **** until Schotty is fired, of course Holmes isn't producing as usual. If the offense was playing well Holmes wouldn't be saying the type of things that make you think he's a horrible teammate and you guys wouldn't be criticizing him. He's doing everything a captain should do IMO, he's calling out the obvious problem and not letting it get swept under the rug like everyone else higher up in the organization.
    He signed a long term contract, I imagine he's a little pissed that he's stuck with a ****-for-brains coordinator that hasn't figured out how to make adjustments or call plays yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Bugg Superstar;4260928]I'm really starting to dislike Holmes. I don't like Schotty by any stretch of the imagination but Holmes needs to learn to STFU. He's a veteran and a Captain at that. He's been saying inappropriate stuff all year and he hasn't been playing that great this year either. That comment this week about how Emanuel Cook is in a better place now really pissed me off.[/QUOTE]

AGREED. It is to be noted that he is no longer a Steeler for a reason. That reason is showing its ugly head with the Jets.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=The Ego Trip;4260962]Holy Jesus would you guys get off of Holmes' back? Our offense will continue to suck **** until Schotty is fired, of course Holmes isn't producing as usual. If the offense was playing well Holmes wouldn't be saying the type of things that make you think he's a horrible teammate and you guys wouldn't be criticizing him. He's doing everything a captain should do IMO, he's calling out the obvious problem and not letting it get swept under the rug like everyone else higher up in the organization.
    He signed a long term contract, I imagine he's a little pissed that he's stuck with a ****-for-brains coordinator that hasn't figured out how to make adjustments or call plays yet.[/QUOTE]

Ya think he might also be upset because even when good, positive plays are called, Sanchez finds a way to throw the ball behind him or into the ground? Thus his alleged superstar numbers are way down? Just saying.....

Hall Of Fame
    They should have Tom Moore stay home unless he brings Peyton Manning to the facility with him.

Schotty needs to go. Everyone knows that, so stop beating the dead horse.:D

However, I'm also not ready to absolve Holmes of some times when he's hung Sanchez out to dry.

Now maybe it was because Holmes thought the playcall sucked and was half a$$ing as a result? Just the same, there was at least two plays that I can point to recently where Holmes gave no effort to catch Sanchez thrown balls. Were they perfectly accurate? No, but they were in an area where it's the receiver's responsibility to grab the ball. Holmes had to make those catches. What's worse is that it seemed to me when I was watching those plays that Holmes was half-a$$ing it.

That's unacceptable. It doesn't matter if you do not agree with the OC or the QB, you still MUST go out and give it your all. So Holmes does need to start playing better because he certainly isn't helping his young QB right now.

The fans want Schotty out. The players want Schotty out. Rex needs to bring Tom Moore in this week. Yet, the Jets extend him until 2013. You can't make this stuff up. Did the downfall of Enron start in a somewhat similar fashion? LOL