Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Jets Won't Fire Schotty!!!!

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

The Jets Won't Fire Schotty!!!!

No for some of you looking for Schotty to get fired I am afraid that you will be sorely disappointed…

The Jets will NOT fire Schotty but this is what they will do!!!

I think that Schotty is so well liked by Woody Johnson that the Jets as an organization will not or feel that they can not fire Schotty. :rolleyes:

Indeed Schotty despite the negative Nellie’s out here, which have included me, the truth is Schotty’s job performance has not been awful. Quite frankly Schotty has been adequate and while that is not a ringing endorsement it does preclude him from being summarily dismissed as so many Jets fans might want.:eek:

So what to do?

One must remember that Rex Ryan is essentially a dissembler. What I mean by that is that just because Rex says something doesn’t mean that he believes it. Hence his support for Schotty while publicly unwavering is not complete and unqualified. If you think that Rex totally believes in Schotty you are nuts. The facts speak for themselves. We just have not been as offensively efficient as we have needed to be. Period.

The essential and key fact is that the Jets brought in Coach Moore to “consult” on the Jets red zone offense was telling and what is even more telling is the results that the Jets have obtained. The Jets have gone from a middle of the pack team basically sucking in red zone efficacy to the number two team in the NFL and they did it with similar or less weapons to last year.

Yes, that got Plex but they lost Edwards and Cotchery to major contributors last year. So in many ways the Jets have been better in the red zone with equal to or less talent than last year. This is reality is NOT lost on Rex he wants to win but he also wants to remain loyal to Schotty so what can the Jets do to achieve both objectives?

That is how can they get a fresh face as the Jets OC while at the same time not seemingly throwing Schotty overboard? Well Jets fans this is what I think that they will do!!!

I think that that if no NFL team picks up Schotty to be their HC next year that the Jets will “elevate” Schotty to Assistant HC whereby they place him in second command of the entire Jets team behind Rex in order to “give him a greater responsibility and understanding of both sides of the ball”. Yes the other Assitant HC Callahan would be moved to OC or OL coach alone, since you can have only one on a team.

This move would provide the Jets with the opportunity to bring in a fresh face as OC while permitting Schotty to maintain his dignity.

This is what I truly believe could happen if the Jets are paying attention which they clearly are, remember this as we know from Hard Knocks is a Jets organization that reads every newspaper article everyday to assess how the Jets are “perceived” image wise and they know their fans are pissed at the offense, they heard the boos directed at Sanchez and they are going to do something about it. You can bet your bottom dollar on that one.

They just won’t fire Schotty because they won’t have to.:eek:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can we talk about something other than the god damn offensive coordinator on here?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    What about our dignity?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way that happens...

Either Schotty is back as OC or he is gone. This is the NFL, a real business, this is not for the weak of heart or those with thin skin. Either the team is committed to him or they are not.

Now if Woody wants to protect his reputation, he will tell him that we don't plan on bringing you back and why don't you interview for one of the many college positions that are open if there are no NFL bites. (This assumes that we are going to promote a OC from within.)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4261186]Can we talk about something other than the god damn offensive coordinator on here?[/QUOTE]

Sure...Feel free to do so in another Fu**ing thread. Participating in threads are not mandatory, feel free to skip the one's you don't like!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Conkboy;4261190]Sure...Feel free to do so in another Fu**ing thread. Participating in threads are not mandatory, feel free to skip the one's you don't like![/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it seems as if every thread that isn't another schotty thread turns into a schotty thread at some point.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=My.Favorite.Martin;4261192]Unfortunately it seems as if every thread that isn't another schotty thread turns into a schotty thread at some point.[/QUOTE]

You are correct! Just goes to show you how much he is hated on this site.
    I think the guy is just like my signature says.... Not terrible but we could do better.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get your idea in theory, finding a way to sort of neutralize Schotty-- but the Jets cannot "demote" Callahan or strip any titles from him. It would not go over well, for a number of internal reasons, I suspect.

And, just based on things known to the public, the Jets have blocked Callahan from other teams, etc. So, how much turmoil/conflict do people suspect would arise from the Jets blocking Callahan from making moves and/or making a vertical move with another team, all the while, promoting a guy who has produced "questionably" as an OC, over the course of multiple QBs, multiple skill players, etc.

Like you said, Tom Moore has us second in red zone efficiency, and also, Holmes and Plax are both in the top 17 WRs in the league, in red zone efficiency, and Rex credits Moore for that efficiency...

If that's the case, I have to think there are other coaches, players, etc. on our sideline that see the discrepancy in performance between what Tom Moore was tasked with, versus what Schotty was tasked with.

How could anyone support/understand Schotty being promoted within the Jets org, and further more, accept/tolerate a demotion, with stuff like that.

Rex said in his presser, he wants Moore on premises for the rest of the season, if it can be worked out... A consultant, that we now want to just... camp out? Yet, people around the team would be okay with Schotty being promoted?

And, Rex even acknowledged, we haven't talked about between the 20s with Tom Moore. So, it's not like we even have to guess about which guy is responsible for what part of our offensive performance.

I think Schotty has a lot of great ideas, he does a lot of good things I feel like people don't necessarily give him credit for, but I think it's clear something doesn't translate, adjustments don't get made, we don't play to strengths of our players... When Mark is on Michael Kay talking about how, due to his height, he really likes what he can see when we roll him out, yet, we don't do that more often, etc.? I don't know how we'd be able to promote him and demote Callahan.
    Last edited by lovethejets; 12-03-2011 at 03:15 PM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started a thread a few weeks back on. What will you do if they resign Sh!tty? It was before anyone new about his new deal.
    They will get rid of Rex before Sh!tty. Call me what you want, Sh!tyy will replace Rex. Rex will say or do something over the top and guess who will lead us into into the promise land of suck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    some of you guys need to dump your obsession for Schotty for something else. Go start a blog or take a culinary class or something. I'm starting to think none of you have a woman in your life...... Go on match.com ... I just saw a commercial for it they said its the best internet dating service around. Do it ... please

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4261185]No for some of you looking for Schotty to get fired I am afraid that you will be sorely disappointed…

[B]The Jets will NOT fire Schotty[/B] but this is what they will do!!!

I think that Schotty is so well liked by Woody Johnson that the Jets as an organization will not or feel that they can not fire Schotty. :rolleyes:

:[/QUOTE]

They canned Hackett and he did more for Cumar then the Tuna ever did?? :confused:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    charlie brown you are a great poster and I do agree he won't be fired, but I disagree on several points:

Schotty is not being demoted. He could be a HC of another team (he's got the last name for it). his fate depends on how the Jets do in the playoffs and when he can interview.

Callahan is not being promoted. (weakens the OL and he's better coach in that role).

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LadainianIMnotDONE;4261204]some of you guys need to dump your obsession for Schotty for something else. Go start a blog or take a culinary class or something. I'm starting to think none of you have a woman in your life...... Go on match.com ... I just saw a commercial for it they said its the best internet dating service around. Do it ... please[/QUOTE]

LOL tough but fair

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4261185]No for some of you looking for Schotty to get fired I am afraid that you will be sorely disappointed…

The Jets will NOT fire Schotty but this is what they will do!!!

Indeed Schotty despite the negative Nellie’s out here, which have included me, the truth is Schotty’s job performance has not been awful. Quite frankly Schotty has been adequate and while that is not a ringing endorsement it does preclude him from being summarily dismissed as so many Jets fans might want.:eek:

So what to do?

One must remember that Rex Ryan is essentially a dissembler. What I mean by that is that just because Rex says something doesn’t mean that he believes it. Hence his support for Schotty while publicly unwavering is not complete and unqualified. If you think that Rex totally believes in Schotty you are nuts. The facts speak for themselves. We just have not been as offensively efficient as we have needed to be. Period.

The essential and key fact is that the Jets brought in Coach Moore to “consult” on the Jets red zone offense was telling and what is even more telling is the results that the Jets have obtained. The Jets have gone from a middle of the pack team basically sucking in red zone efficacy to the number two team in the NFL and they did it with similar or less weapons to last year.

Yes, that got Plex but they lost Edwards and Cotchery to major contributors last year. So in many ways the Jets have been better in the red zone with equal to or less talent than last year. This is reality is NOT lost on Rex he wants to win but he also wants to remain loyal to Schotty so what can the Jets do to achieve both objectives?

That is how can they get a fresh face as the Jets OC while at the same time not seemingly throwing Schotty overboard? Well Jets fans this is what I think that they will do!!!

I think that that if no NFL team picks up Schotty to be their HC next year that the Jets will “elevate” Schotty to Assistant HC whereby they place him in second command of the entire Jets team behind Rex in order to “give him a greater responsibility and understanding of both sides of the ball”. Yes the other Assitant HC Callahan would be moved to OC or OL coach alone, since you can have only one on a team.

This move would provide the Jets with the opportunity to bring in a fresh face as OC while permitting Schotty to maintain his dignity.

This is what I truly believe could happen if the Jets are paying attention which they clearly are, remember this as we know from Hard Knocks is a Jets organization that reads every newspaper article everyday to assess how the Jets are “perceived” image wise and they know their fans are pissed at the offense, they heard the boos directed at Sanchez and they are going to do something about it. You can bet your bottom dollar on that one.

They just won’t fire Schotty because they won’t have to.:eek:[/QUOTE]

This entire scenario is absurd. There's no way that they will elevate Schotty to allow him to save face, and meanwhile give him a raise just to make it look real?!

NO WAY.

He either keeps his job and that will I'm sure piss off many, many people. Or he gets fired, to the utter and complete delight of everyone out there.

This would imply Rex simply has no balls and lacks the inner gumption to fire someone he probably actually likes.

He'll get over it! Rex wants to win in the worst way and WILL NOT hold onto something that isn't working. He WILL fix it.

My prediction says the Jets will fire Schotty. They may try to sugar coat it somehow, but at the end of the day and when people see through the bullsh$t media mumbo jumbo, Schotty will no longer be affiliated with the team.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;4261215]They canned Hackett and he did more for Cumar then the Tuna ever did?? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm true but did you know that the mehod I outlined above was they was Herm Edwards got his chance to shine as an Assitant HC for Tampa Bay:D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Mainejet;4261231]This entire scenario is absurd. There's no way that they will elevate Schotty to allow him to save face, and meanwhile give him a raise just to make it look real?!

NO WAY.

He either keeps his job and that will I'm sure piss off many, many people. Or he gets fired, to the utter and complete delight of everyone out there.

This would imply Rex simply has no balls and lacks the inner gumption to fire someone he probably actually likes.

He'll get over it! Rex wants to win in the worst way and WILL NOT hold onto something that isn't working. He WILL fix it.

My prediction says the Jets will fire Schotty. They may try to sugar coat it somehow, but at the end of the day and when people see through the bullsh$t media mumbo jumbo, Schotty will no longer be affiliated with the team.[/QUOTE]

I don't know if my scenario is absurd. Perhaps...

I just think that the Jets wouldn't have quietly extended Schotty's contract an additional year for no reason. As far as I know no one was clamouring for Schotty's services and yet the Jets felt the compelling need to extend his contract. That doesn't make sense to me.....:eek:

The extension was revealing to me and the manner in which it was done spoke volumes. Think, Schotty is already one of the highest paid assisstants in the NFL so if you had doubts about him him would you give him an additional year:huh:

I know I wouldn't.

I also know that others have said Schotty's extension was just a typical lame duck extension. That could be the case but I am not at convinced that this is the case. I am not so sure this team while hardly frugal, the Jets have spent money see Farve; left significant cap space of approxiamtely 9 million dollars out there and consistenly resisted bringing superior OL because they potentially would have cost them some extra duckets.

So in that context why would the Jets just give Schotty more money just to have to eat that extra money at the end of the year:eek:

It is simple I just don't believe that Mr. Johnson holds Schotty in the same low esteem as many of us seem to do.

Hall Of Fame
    In Morris Co., N.J. at the right end of a Browning 12 gauge
    Post Thanks / Like
    Extend Schotty now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Charlie Brown;4261242]I don't know if my scenario is absurd. Perhaps...

I just think that the Jets wouldn't have quietly extended Schotty's contract an additional year for no reason. As far as I know no one was clamouring for Schotty's services and yet the Jets felt the compelling need to extend his contract. That doesn't make sense to me.....:eek:

The extension was revealing to me and the manner in which it was done spoke volumes. Think, Schotty is already one of the highest paid assisstants in the NFL so if you had doubts about him him would you give him an additional year:huh:

I know I wouldn't.

I also know that others have said Schotty's extension was just a typical lame duck extension. That could be the case but I am not at convinced that this is the case. I am not so sure this team while hardly frugal, the Jets have spent money see Farve; left significant cap space of approxiamtely 9 million dollars out there and consistenly resisted bringing superior OL because they potentially would have cost them some extra duckets.

So in that context why would the Jets just give Schotty more money just to have to eat that extra money at the end of the year:eek:

It is simple I just don't believe that Mr. Johnson holds Schotty in the same low esteem as many of us seem to do.[/QUOTE]

Well, alot of people here wanted Schotty gone a long time ago, as in at least after the 2009 season.

I wasn't as positive he needed to go, it took me a little longer to see that it was never going to work. Not that I ever really agreed with his playcalling, I just thought continuity was important for Sanchez to develop. Well, now the playcalling still sucks and Sanchez has gone into the fetal position.

I think Jets management while privately thinking Schotty might need to go, they chose not to make a move for the sake of continuity for Sanchez and because Woody does like Brian and Marty.

Now the gloves are off. It's easy to see this isn't working and no matter what they do, it will never work with Schotty running the offense. Changes are needed and they are aware.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully another team will offer him the Asst HC title in the offseason. That's considered a promotion so the Jets could not stop that, even if they wanted to.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=srobjets;4261203]I started a thread a few weeks back on. What will you do if they resign Sh!tty? It was before anyone new about his new deal.
    They will get rid of Rex before Sh!tty. Call me what you want, Sh!tyy will replace Rex. Rex will say or do something over the top and guess who will lead us into into the promise land of suck.[/QUOTE]

So basically we will have to fall back to futility before we rid ourselves of Schotty??? F'n Great!!!!!!!!!!!! :steamin:

Man I hope Miami or Jacksonville is stupid enough to give Schotty a shot at HC!!!!!
    Last edited by carlito1171; 12-03-2011 at 07:09 PM.