[QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4261253]While they beat us twice this year and that is discouraging, especially when your head coach requests assistance from the rest of the league in beating them and three teams thus far have obliged...
They are immensely lacking talent on the defensive side of the ball and simply can't make up for it with next years draft...
The window is still open to pass them by without having to wait for Brady to fall off a cliff...[/QUOTE]
Didn't I hear you already passed them by last year?
[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;4261251]Patriots just announced. Keep trading down and racking up them 2nd and 3rd round picks Billy[/QUOTE]
Just more evidence that BB's method of drafting players sucks. It's literally like throwing sh$t at the wall and seeing what sticks.
This approach to the draft ALWAYS being one or more the following:
1) He ends trading at least one 1st round pick each and every year. So what good is that doing for you right now?
2) He ends up with a million 2nd through 4th round picks. All picks that come after the real difference makers are long gone.
3) He ends up with a million players in camp most of which he knows he'll never be able to pay for.
4) Most of those players he quickly finds out are JAG's, not difference makers.
5) So he goes into the season with a bunch of strictly ROLE players. None of those players end up being staples on offense or defense.
6) He's content with replacing truly great players with average talent. Guys like Brandon Merriweather who NEVER end up being as good as the guy they are replacing. I remember so many of those idiot Patsy Fans running their mouths about Brandon Merriweather and how great he was. I saw within one season that he sucked and he would never amount to Rodney Harrison. Hell, he was never even as good as Sherry for crying out loud.
7) So you end up with the current status. The 32nd ranked pass defense. And after Brady is gone, he's got nothing on offense either. The entire organization is descending to their rightful spot as bottom feeders, like they were before Parcells arrived.
They can win in the regular season but it's time New England realizes it wasn't Pioli or Belicheck that created their superbowl post season success... it was the left over talent and young guys that Parcells drafted
[QUOTE=FreshBaked 24 7;4261282]They can win in the regular season but it's time New England realizes it wasn't Pioli or Belicheck that created their superbowl post season success... it was the left over talent and young guys that Parcells drafted[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=IHATEDOLPHINS;4261289]They really have been horrible with the draft
other than Gronk and Hernandez that's it.Mayo is overrated.
[B]Just shows you what a qb means to a team[/B].Take Brady off of them they are about as good as the Colts this year
the genius of Bill is overrated.[/QUOTE]
It does doesnt it. That is why its so infuriating about Sanchez. A great QB makes all the difference regardless of all the other problems the team may have. Its also why the people who want to claim the jets have other problems and its not all on the QB with excuse after excuse rings hollow. We didn't trade up to have a bad QB for 5 years in the hope he could develop into a mediocre QB.