Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: U.S. drone shot down in eastern Iran, state media reports, citing military source.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

U.S. drone shot down in eastern Iran, state media reports, citing military source.

Breaking News, No Story as Yet

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before the story even comes to print we'll be hearing:

"This is actually good news, because it helps the economy to have to build another drone"

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetPotato;4261582]Before the story even comes to print we'll be hearing:

"This is actually good news, because it helps the economy to have to build another drone"[/QUOTE]

When I saw..US Drone shot, I thought someone shot Biden.;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meh...

1) The drone floated a little too far over the Iraqi border and the Iranians dropped it...

2) We were looking for something.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4261645]Meh...

1) The drone floated a little too far over the Iraqi border and the Iranians dropped it...

2) We were looking for something.[/QUOTE]

Eastern Iran is adjacent to Afghanistan. So a stray is possible.
    Most of the Iranian bases we'd be interested in are in the Western part of their country. Missile bases, fabrication centers.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=palmetto defender;4261667]Eastern Iran is adjacent to Afghanistan. So a stray is possible.
    Most of the Iranian bases we'd be interested in are in the Western part of their country. Missile bases, fabrication centers.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh... I mixed up my East/West when I said Iraq. You're right.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    i still don't understand why we are operational in the ME. Bin Ladin is dead, Al Queda is operationally defunct. what's the point? let Iran have Afghanistan and Iraq. then they and Pakistan can jerk each other off.

who really gives a rat's ass?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4261757]who really gives a rat's ass?[/QUOTE]

People who want to slow jerk Israel.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4261757]who really gives a rat's ass?[/QUOTE]

President Obama.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4263938]President Obama.[/QUOTE]

Obama isn't gonna start a war in Iran. that's for the next GOP president to attempt.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4264679]Obama isn't gonna start a war in Iran. that's for the next GOP president to attempt.[/QUOTE]

Thats not what you asked. You asked who gives a rats ass about the M.E., specificly Afghanistan and Iraq, and asked why we're still operation there.

The answer is the one I gave. The only man in control of the current executive millitary actions in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Pakistan, Yemen and elsewhere is President Obama.

So to know why we're there, and doing what we're doing, you'd have to take it up with him and his supporters.

Cue "It's easier to get into a War than End One....." talking point.;)

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4264758]Cue "It's easier to get into a War than End One....." talking point.;)[/QUOTE]

I dont agree with Obama on this issue.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4264773]I dont agree with Obama on this issue.[/QUOTE]

Then why ask a semi-rhetorical question you already knew the answer to, and have already expressed disagreement with the controller of (Obama)?

As stated, if you'd like to know the "point", as you requested, you'll need to ask the current Administration.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4264790]Then why ask a semi-rhetorical question you already knew the answer to, and have already expressed disagreement with the controller of (Obama)?

As stated, if you'd like to know the "point", as you requested, you'll need to ask the current Administration.[/QUOTE]

to be clear I agree with Obama's policy of not going to war with Iran (so far). That is what this thread is about after all.

I agree with Pakistan mission to get OBL.

I agree with Iraq drawdown.

I also agree with Afghanistan drawdown altho it is taking too long.

so looking closer I actually do agree with everything except the double down.

after Obama's 2nd term we should be at peace pretty much, I also agree with that.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4264901]to be clear I agree with Obama's policy

so looking closer I actually do agree with everything except the double down.[/quote]

Of course you do.

[quote]after Obama's 2nd term we should be at peace pretty much, I also agree with that.[/QUOTE]

We'll certainly find out.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4264996]

We'll certainly find out.[/QUOTE]

let me also add the President waging proxy wars with drones, covert actions (spy, special forces) etc is a far cry from waging wars with 100,000 infantry men.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4265135]let me also add the President waging proxy wars with drones, covert actions (spy, special forces) etc is a far cry from waging wars with 100,000 infantry men.[/QUOTE]

So no blood for oil only applies when we're killing Iraqi civilians and US Armed Forces as opposed to just Libyan civilians...

Gotcha.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4265135]let me also add the President waging proxy wars with drones, covert actions (spy, special forces) etc is a far cry from waging wars with 100,000 infantry men.[/QUOTE]

It certainly is and if we want an Imperial President who can wage proxy wars without Congressional approval we should amend the Constitution to allow for it.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite;4265159]So no blood for oil only applies when we're killing Iraqi civilians and US Armed Forces as opposed to just Libyan civilians...

Gotcha.[/QUOTE]

I never claimed to be against war for moral reasons. Im against it for selfish reasons including not wanting to lose and not wanting to see Americans returned home in coffins.

Right wingers claim to support to troops, well if you support them, don't send them to Iran, into a conflict they can't really win.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like

Right, because most people don't even know about it. Behind closed doors only a few people are privy to special forces on the ground or drones running recon missions 5 miles above the Middle East. It's so much easier for a President to wage a war in secret, as long as he can deny it as long as possible. Especially if this President is a Nobel Peace Prize winner who prides himself on transparency.