Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What you cooking/drinking for the game today?

Hall Of Fame

What you cooking/drinking for the game today?

Put on a 12 quart pot of gravy (sauce/ragu) about a half hour ago and my house smells incredible.

8 cans San Marzano tomatoes (from Cali :O) beef, pork, veal and sausage, garlic AND onions (yeah, I said it), basil, oregano, thyme, fresh flat leaf parsley, a little red wine, cracked s & p. Let that cook for 4+ hours.

Spaten during the game, vino for dinner and tonite.

_

It's sauce. Gravy is brown. Why can't you Jersey fools understand this?

BTW, sounds delish.

Did a bunch of cooking yesterday: Pumpkin muffins, cooked off black beans (for today's chili), roasted rosemary/Dijon potatoes, roasted (rubbed) pork tenderloins. After our game (we hate to eat during because of all the stress), I'll make the chili, to be served with jasmine/coconut rice and salad. I might make a dessert depending on my mood.

As for drinks: Sipping Noilly Prat red over ice and a twist of lemon. Later, either Breck's Oktoberfest or this inexpensive Bordeaux (probably both :D):

[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/35/dsc4947j.jpg/][IMG]http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6662/dsc4947j.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Got the chili on the stove as we type. Will make the corn bread fresh right after the game so it is still warm when we eat it. Drinking Holy Makerel Panic attack 10% and smooth as well as Andy Gator, 8% and also smooth and tasty. Enjoy the game folks.

All League
    I made some butternut squash soup and cornbread. Not exactly football food, but hey, it's damn good.

[QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;4262991]I made some butternut squash soup and cornbread. Not exactly[B] football food[/B], but hey, it's damn good.[/QUOTE]

It's whatever you eat watching the game. I know of no known rules or boundaries except it must be good of course.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=southside;4261728]It's sauce. Gravy is brown. Why can't you Jersey fools understand this?

BTW, sounds delish.[/QUOTE]

Considering you're a hillbilly, we can understand the confusion on your part. Closest you come to anything red and Italian is probably Papa Johns.:P

Jets Insider VIP
    Hungover from a late Saturday...

Ordered french toast at the bar where we meet. didn't help.... Still hungover.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4261723]Put on a 12 quart pot of gravy (sauce/ragu) about a half hour ago and my house smells incredible.

8 cans San Marzano tomatoes (from Cali :O) beef, pork, veal and sausage, garlic AND onions (yeah, I said it), basil, oregano, thyme, fresh flat leaf parsley, a little red wine, cracked s & p. Let that cook for 4+ hours.

_[/QUOTE]

Ragu? Where did you get that at the food bank?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Borgoguy;4261732]

cooked off black beans (for today's chili),

[/QUOTE]

Care to share your recipe? I love black beans, haven't found a recipe I like.

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4264223]Ragu? Where did you get that at the food bank?[/QUOTE]

Funny guy.

A "ragu" is a meat sauce. Growing up italian, I don't think I've ever had jarred sauce.

_

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4261723]Put on a 12 quart pot of gravy (sauce/ragu) about a half hour ago and my house smells incredible.

_[/QUOTE]

I had a package of stale Yodels & some orange Hi-C, and was lucky to get that.

Banned
    Homemade chicken soup. My wife is sick so it gave me an excuse to make it.

I had a few pints of my pumpkin ale as well.

[IMG]http://www.crookedtailbrewing.com/photos/scary.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Sourceworx; 12-05-2011 at 08:49 AM.

[QUOTE=JStokes;4264283]
    Funny guy.

A "ragu" is a meat sauce. Growing up italian, I don't think I've ever had jarred sauce.

_[/QUOTE]

Yea right uh huh.............

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4264610]Homemade chicken soup. My wife is sick so it gave me an excuse to make it.

[IMG]http://www.crookedtailbrewing.com/photos/scary.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

Tip jar!

Banned
    [QUOTE=Polidore22;4264629]Tip jar![/QUOTE]

You like that? :D

I figured with friends constantly coming by to drink all of my homebrew, I should collect some money from them to buy ingredients to make more.

Not that the scumbags ever actually leave anything...

[QUOTE=sourceworx;4264610]Homemade chicken soup. My wife is sick so it gave me an excuse to make it.

[IMG]http://www.crookedtailbrewing.com/photos/scary.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

No offense but that looks like sludge.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sourceworx;4264641]You like that? :D

I figured with friends constantly coming by to drink all of my homebrew, I should collect some money from them to buy ingredients to make more.

Not that the scumbags ever actually leave anything...[/QUOTE]

Is that an IOU I see in your tip jar? :P

Banned
    [QUOTE=GMCJETS;4264644]No offense but that looks like sludge.[/QUOTE]

The stuff on the rim? It's sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg. It compliments the beer well. The beer is also cloudy. The pumpkin clouds it up and I don't have the ability to filter my beers.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;4264657]Is that an IOU I see in your tip jar? :P[/QUOTE]

No. An old receipt for a keg of Blue Point I bought a while back.

Nobody actually leaves money in it. I leave it out there mainly because it's funny.

That's a nice dispenser, source. Beer looks good too.

When I was brewing back in highschool with my Dad I remember making a pumpkin ale out of actual pumpkin, apparently lots of people don't actually do that but instead use pumpkin spices.... lame.

We used the actual pumpkin and I will say this much, it has a LOT of sugar apparently because that beer came out like 11%. And extremely cloudy.