Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newt Gingrich: The Indispensable Republican

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4264942]I think people don't really understand how big of an issue moral hypocrisy is.

Like his comment regarding gay people

That's not the point. D's don't run on a platform of denying gay people rights. They don't attend churches and publicly say that gay people are going to hell.

But Republicans do. And what is amazing is how many of these moral a**hole s are secretly sucking d*ck.

THAT is the point. Don't condemn something as morally wrong WHILE YOU'RE DOING THE SAME GOD DAMN THING yourself. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Would this be anything like ramming a hugely unpopular healthcare bill down the throats of Americans, and then giving countless waivers to yourself in Congress and to all your union friends and D-friendly companies and campaign donors?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4265281]Would this be anything like ramming a hugely unpopular healthcare bill down the throats of Americans, and then giving countless waivers to yourself in Congress and to all your union friends and D-friendly companies and campaign donors?[/QUOTE]

Wasn't this bill voted on? I guess you felt Obama ignored the Republican (must be popular bill) clause?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4265281]Would this be anything like ramming a hugely unpopular healthcare bill down the throats of Americans, and then giving countless waivers to yourself in Congress and to all your union friends and D-friendly companies and campaign donors?[/QUOTE]

Only if Obama was running on the platform of busting unions. Then yes.

If he said "My fellow Americans, when I'm elected I will do everything in my power to rid the country of unions" and then went and did what he did...he would fit the bill.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4265281]Would this be anything like ramming a hugely unpopular healthcare bill down the throats of Americans, [/QUOTE]

the healthcare bill is only hugely unpopular among certain circles. Ask people if they want to go back to getting dropped when they get sick or denied for pre-existing conditions, they will say no.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;4265314]Wasn't this bill voted on? I guess you felt Obama ignored the Republican (must be popular bill) clause?[/QUOTE]

It was voted on and passed. Because "it is good for America." So if it's good for America, explain all the waivers to me. Especially the inordinate amount of waivers in Nancy Pelosi's district.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4265205]Newt is to family values what Larry Craig is to the sanctity of marriage.

Go ahead, GOP. Nominate this fat f*ck. Do it.

lolololzzzz[/QUOTE]

Newts crimes, cheating and divorce after persuing Clinton for lying under Oath/Playing Politics.

Interesting that PK is so angry about it, given these previous posts:

In discussing cheating (first post) and divorce (last three):

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3186292]Well...I'm f*cked then :P

BTW...Polygamy is more natural than monogamy, historically speaking. Were it not for cultures that accepted polygamy, mankind would have died off long ago. Polygamy assured the survival of the human race by guaranteeing that males with desirable genes fathered many offspring with multiple partners. His male offspring would then do the same thing when they got older, causing humans to reproduce at an exponential rate.

Monogamy was invented by jealous females and flaccid pud beaters....:D[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3625166]Exactly. Life is too short for this "loyalty" nonsense. 99% of the time, if you're honest about your feelings with your significant other, you'll find that they've been feeling the same way. Something tells me that's how the Gore's conversation went...one of them finally found the balls to speak up and the other was overcome with relief because they've been having the same feeling silently for years.

Just because two people come to the same conclusion that they're not happy together, doesn't make them bad people.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3625120]A lot of people don't even realize that type of happiness can exist until they're almost too old. It can be even worse when both people in a marriage live in limbo, silently, without voicing their concerns to the other person. Sometimes, when you have spent your entire life surrounded by people who stay married because "it's the right thing to do", you can start to believe that it's completely normal and that's what everyone does.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;3757748]Also, now I have to wash a few glasses. Really hard for a recently divorced guy.[/QUOTE]

But it's ok, because PK doesn;t support Family Values and isn;t against cheating and divorce....unless and (R) does it....then he's against, before he's not-against it, depending on who does it, Gore and Clinton, studs! Newt, SCUMBAG!

Consistency, got to love it.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Newt can run on a platform of family values yet he's probably one of the biggest degenerates out there this side of Tiger Woods. Let's not forget Nuke is the big champion of business against Fannie Mae - meanwhile he's on Fannie Mae's payroll at the tune of $1.6 million.

Please nominate this fat POS. Oh I'm sorry, the flat feet condition that kept him out of Vietnam is also the same disability that keeps him from running. Just like how Rush Limbaugh can't exercise because of the same pimple on his ass that kept him out Vietnam too.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4265347]It was voted on and passed. Because "it is good for America." So if it's good for America, explain all the waivers to me. Especially the inordinate amount of waivers in Nancy Pelosi's district.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I should find a comfortable chair. Order a pizza.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4265392]Maybe I should find a comfortable chair. Order a pizza.[/QUOTE]

maybe you should tell us why, other than it being something Obama supports, it's such a bad thing...

basic healthcare has become a human right. every 1st world nation does it. there is still nothing stopping you from paying for specialized care.

and by the way this plan was actually built on GOP ideas from the 1990's. as far as socialized medicine goes it's a very moderate proposal and has support.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4265392]Maybe I should find a comfortable chair. Order a pizza.[/QUOTE]

Link?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4265367]unless and (R) does it....then he's against[/QUOTE]

Never said I was against it, Warfish. Not once. Ever. In any of my posts.

Nice try. Read the label on your meds....

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4265508]maybe you should tell us why, other than it being something Obama supports, it's such a bad thing...

basic healthcare has become a human right. every 1st world nation does it. there is still nothing stopping you from paying for specialized care.

and by the way this plan was actually built on GOP ideas from the 1990's. as far as socialized medicine goes it's a very moderate proposal and has support.[/QUOTE]

I'll ask the question again. If it's such a good thing, then why all the waivers? And why are the overwhelming majority of waivers given to unions, D-friendly companies and campaign contributors? Why isn't congress taking advantage of this magical new solution?

You go first, bit.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=bitonti;4265333]the healthcare bill is only hugely unpopular among certain circles. Ask people if they want to go back to getting dropped when they get sick or denied for pre-existing conditions, they will say no.[/QUOTE]

Yep the people paying for everyone else. I say let every individual state setup their healthcare and let the people of that state pay the bill. I think that is fair.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4265638]Nice try. Read the label on your meds....[/QUOTE]

No need to read anything but your posts PK.

You describe Newt as the lowest of the low....for doing.....wait for it....exactly what you yourself have done.

And your rationale?

Well, you never said it was bad, so it's ok if you (or any random (D)) does it.

But because Newt may have once said it was bad, he is therefore the lowest of the low.

Brilliant logic. Shame you've never once held a (D) to that standard. Then again, you're just a frustrated (R), amirite?

Riiiiiiight.;)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4265697]I'll ask the question again. If it's such a good thing, then why all the waivers? And why are the overwhelming majority of waivers given to unions, D-friendly companies and campaign contributors? Why isn't congress taking advantage of this magical new solution?

You go first, bit.[/QUOTE]

Link?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4265852]No need to read anything but your posts PK.

You describe Newt as the lowest of the low....for doing.....wait for it....exactly what you yourself have done.

And your rationale?
    [/QUOTE]

Well i think his point is that he's not down on the guy based on the merit of his action, but rather the hypocritical nature of them. And he's right, Newt's political career is rife with hypocrisy, backtracking, and lack of integrity. So is every other legit candidate the republican party has to challenge the presidency in 2012. Ron Paul is the only candidate who might escape this label, and guess what?.. he's not even remotely viable. This is no different than any other year, where the party looking to get their guy in the white house is looking for the best liar they can find to unseat the reigning champion liar/hypocrite of four years ago.

Then the American people have the stones to report in their polling that integrity and running a clean campaign without mudslinging are the best ways to get their vote. Surprise surprise, the pool from which we're drawing our lying/hypocritical presidential candidates from consists of mostly lying hypocrites. So Khan i agree with you about Newt, unfortunately the fact that he is a hypocrite distinguishes him from the field about as much as the fact he has two eyes and ten fingers. Not the republican field of 2012, the field of presidents and presidential candidates throughout history, and perhaps more accurately, the field of humanity.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;4265852]Well, you never said it was bad, so it's ok if you (or any random (D)) does it.
    [/QUOTE]

Exactly, Warfish. Now....due to your sudden brain fart...you FINALLY managed to grasp and understand what the word hypocrite means.

I'm impressed. Kudos to you :P

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;4266055]Exactly, Warfish. Now....due to your sudden brain fart...you FINALLY managed to grasp and understand what the word hypocrite means.

I'm impressed. Kudos to you :P[/QUOTE]

The only hypocricy here my friend is someone calling another the lowest of the low for the same actions they themselves engage in, and trying to do so with a strait face.

There is no out clause in morality for not saying it's bad. There is no argument for you "not saying it was bad, but he did, so him doing it is therefore bad, cause he said it was bad, but me doing it is a-ok, cause I never said it was bad, but he's bad, bad, bad!"

That kind of twisty self-serving pretzel logic is as lolworthy as it comes. For example, since the Nazi's never said killing Jews was bad, it must be OK they did it, right? But if the U.S. said it was bad, and then did it, then it's bad....casue they said it was bad And the Nazi's could then call out the U.S. for doing it, because the U.S. doing it is bad, but the Nazi's doing it is ok, cause they never said it was bad.

That, in a nutshell, is your argument here. [IMG]http://failheap-challenge.com/images/smilies/facepalm.gif[/IMG]

In any event, there is little doubt where your vote is going this next election, so no point belaboring the point further. I get it, you're just a frustrated (R) giving it good to the man PK, right. :rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=shakin318;4265697]I'll ask the question again. If it's such a good thing, then why all the waivers? And why are the overwhelming majority of waivers given to unions, D-friendly companies and campaign contributors? [/QUOTE]

i guess that's how a big piece of legislation gets passed these days

whats the last big legislation the GOP passed? The Medicare part D give away?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not down on Gingrich because of his hypocricy. I'm down on him because of his lack of character - plain and simple. He has no loyalty, no honor, no integrity and he engages in shady business dealings and probably bribery (based on his previous track record).
    He is an alleged leader. And yes, he has to be held to a higher standard. I can't see how you can hold PK to those standards since he is not a leader. Especially as long as PK re-posts a topless+ of his GF as previously requested on another thread. LOL