Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: It's Time To Say It - Rex Ryan Is a HORRIBLE Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by nybaseball5 View Post
    I actually think its the oposite. There is no talent on the defensive side of the ball, besides revis and Harris and Rex makes them better. The offense I do agree with you.
    +1 totally agree..this defense is NOT overly talented..the offense is where the poor coaching is!!

Where is this talent?

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by JetsfanfromtheBURGH View Post
    Coaches are measured by wins and losses. I'll take a dumb coach that wins over a smart coach that loses any day.
    When we're eliminated in a few weeks, please come back to this thread and tell me how you feel about Rex Ryan then.

Promise me.

SAR I

All League
    Any win or loss at this point IS season changing even if self inflicting.

Quote Originally Posted by SAR I View Post
    SAR has been very positive this season, drank the Kool Aid, was very excited back in August.

But today was yet another empty win. We played to lose. We can thank the Bills sloppy 4th quarter and the Redskins sloppy 4th quarter for still being in contention for a playoff berth.

We didn't play well in either win. Sure, I'm happy that we won. But I'm upset at the way we played. Against a better team, we would have been crushed. Celebrating this as some big, season-changing "victory" is ludicrous.

SAR I
    First you were drinking the Kool Aid, and now you're going to be drinking hot chocolate and eating gooey Mrs. Fields cookies on the Verizon Mezzanine at 12:30 (NOT HALFTIME) with other JI Posters!!!!

BTW, I agree wholeheartedly, the team played like crap, Sanchez's accuracy was typically horrendous, and Washington practically gift wrapped the game with their bone headed roughing the passer on a false start, as well as the pop- up kickoff at 13-10 in the 4th quarter that put the ball at mid field before the drive even started. The score at the end was window dressing. If Washington had a half competent quarterback, that game would've been a total blowout, before Shonn Greene would've been able to get the two garbage time TD's that everybody is going to be going gaga over, because he ran his total to 3 for the game.

But, a win counts in the win column. We know better from watching this team that they're in for a big let down if and when they keep playing like this. I can't understand how a team could play so bad and win, I'm happy to take the win, but also understand that as an indicator for the future, this team is going to be doing plenty of losing, unless they actually start PLAYING WELL.

When we're eliminated in a few weeks, please come back to this thread and tell me how you feel about Rex Ryan then.

Promise me.

SAR I
    I will feel the exact same way. because guess what?

I DIDN'T HAVE EXPECTATIONS TO GO TO THE SUPER BOWL!

That's the key. I never expect this team to go to the Super Bowl. i just go with the flow.

All Pro
    Sar you are just simply wrong here.

My God....the guy has taken a team that was not in the playoffs, and took them to two straight AFC Championships, and then, after a year where we lost about ten players to free agency with little room to sign anyone, and a HOST of injuries this year, has them in the playoff hunt 12 weeks in the season.

Its stupidity like this that kills the Jets. You probably would have fired Chuck Knoll, Tom Landry, Bill Walsh or Vince Lombardi if they didn't win every game every year. Relax my man, Rex is fine.

We've done that before. Against better teams, too.

We just eked out a win against a pathetic Redskins team with nothing to play for. If not for a stupid kickoff, we lose. I'm not doing cartwheels over the last two weeks, no one else should either.

It was the Redskins. You think if the Patriots played as the Jets did today and eked out a win against the Redskins that their fans would be viewing this as a "big win"? As Jets fans, we'd be sitting here saying "Those Patriots are a great team to come back against the Redskins like that"?

Please.

SAR I

But.... But.... didn't you read, the Patriots waived their 3rd round pick from 2007 yesterday, so don't you know, that is a victory in itself for the Jets, because Belichick can't draft well!!! Nevermind the fact that the Patriots are running away with the division, they waived a 3rd round pick!!!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    if you want beautiful wins you are rooting for the wrong team buddy....
    I don't want beautiful wins. I want to see the team make an effort in a big spot. This team only responds very late in games. Last year, we went 4-0 in those contests. This year, we lost the Oakland and Denver games, should have lost last week, almost lost this week too.

This team hasn't learned it's lessons year over year or week over week. We keep no-showing, getting lucky late. Not supposed to be like this in Year 3 of the Ryan Era.

SAR I

All League

Promise me.

SAR I
    go root for the browns with that bull$hit bro... i can only speak for myself but i want the win every sunday and it doesn't effin' matter how we get it... just get it!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post
    First you were drinking the Kool Aid, and now you're going to be drinking hot chocolate and eating gooey Mrs. Fields cookies on the Verizon Mezzanine at 12:30 (NOT HALFTIME) with other JI Posters!!!!

BTW, I agree wholeheartedly, the team played like crap, Sanchez's accuracy was typically horrendous, and Washington practically gift wrapped the game with their bone headed roughing the passer on a false start, as well as the pop- up kickoff at 13-10 in the 4th quarter that put the ball at mid field before the drive even started. The score at the end was window dressing. If Washington had a half competent quarterback, that game would've been a total blowout, before Shonn Greene would've been able to get the two garbage time TD's that everybody is going to be going gaga over, because he ran his total to 3 for the game.

But, a win counts in the win column. We know better from watching this team that they're in for a big let down if and when they keep playing like this. I can't understand how a team could play so bad and win, I'm happy to take the win, but also understand that as an indicator for the future, this team is going to be doing plenty of losing, unless they actually start PLAYING WELL.
    Because that's what they do. They've done this for 3 years. You want every win to be perfect. That's not gonna happen. Get that in your head.

The Jets win ugly. That's their M.O.

All League
    Hope your wrong SAR, but you can't deny the improvement of this team under Rex.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfan16 View Post

The win is important.

How we won is alarming.

SAR I

SAR is correct. Although I am not quite ready to close the door, our team is ill-prepared and has been for every game this year. That is on the HC. This is Rex year 3 and I expected much more.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    I will feel the exact same way. because guess what?

I DIDN'T HAVE EXPECTATIONS TO GO TO THE SUPER BOWL!

That's the key. I never expect this team to go to the Super Bowl. i just go with the flow.
    I don't expect the Super Bowl either (I expected 10-6 and a wildcard loss) but what I did expect was improvement.

Defense = worse than last year.

Offense = worse than last year.

Specials = worse than last year.

Coaching = worse than last year.

To those that question the talent level of the team, look no further. An untalented team would be 2-10 with the same coaching and effort this team shows this year. Imagine what we might be if we were prepared and showed up for games consistently. Should make you sick.

SAR I

The win is important.

How we won is alarming.

SAR I
    How we win is irrelevant. Winning is the only thing.
    You want us to be the Patriots and do everything efficiently. How has that worked out for them in the last 6 years? They've won NOTHING!

You just are so jealous of New England that you want us to play their style.

Guess what?

We dont play that. So get used to it

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by neevsmazda07 View Post
    go root for the browns with that bull$hit bro... i can only speak for myself but i want the win every sunday and it doesn't effin' matter how we get it... just get it!!!!
    There is no point in making it to the playoffs if we play like this. You shouldn't be looking forward to an annihilation in Baltimore. The goal is the make the playoffs playing playoff caliber football. We're not even close.

We beat the Redskins today. You realize that, right?

SAR I

Quote Originally Posted by The Nature Boy View Post
    SAR is correct. Although I am not quite ready to close the door, our team is ill-prepared and has been for every game this year. That is on the HC. This is Rex year 3 and I expected much more.
    This is why the Jets don't experience success, they get rid of coaches right away. Rex has had more success than any coach in Jets history besides the SB winning coach yet people are ready to kick him out the door. It takes YEARS for coaches to get it together for a SB run. The only coaches that win right away are ones that take over SB teams like Mike Tomlin.

This team lacks talent, we need to have a good offseason. I think there could be at least 3 new starters on defense next year. Then we need some new players on offense.

It took Sean Payton and Mike Mccarthy 4 and 5 years to win a SB as a HC while experiencing losing seasons WITH ELITE QB play.

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

Quote Originally Posted by Eckesg1 View Post
    How we win is irrelevant. Winning is the only thing.
    You want us to be the Patriots and do everything efficiently. How has that worked out for them in the last 6 years? They've won NOTHING!

You just are so jealous of New England that you want us to play their style.

Guess what?

We dont play that. So get used to it
    We beat the Redskins today. The Redskins.

Sounds like I'm distracting you from buying the Sports Illustrated FedEx Stadium Championship DVD and t-shirt pack. Go get it, limited quantities are available.

SAR I

There is no point in making it to the playoffs if we play like this. You shouldn't be looking forward to an annihilation in Baltimore. The goal is the make the playoffs playing playoff caliber football. We're not even close.

We beat the Redskins today. You realize that, right?

SAR I
    So their's no point to life if you dont win everything right.

If you are being honest this, I am amazed. I have met somebody who is more negative than I. Astounding