Thread: Detroit NEEDS to be Disciplined as a TEAM!

Veteran
    North Shore of Long Island. East Setauket

Detroit NEEDS to be Disciplined as a TEAM!

Sorry I started a thread about this but it makes me so mad about this team that they continuously keep playing like trash buckets...I just have to vent about this because I think this is a reflection of not only the young players but the coach instilling this into them.

Jim Schwartz is a good coach but i think he is the one coaching these guys to play dirty. It's not just suh its the coach the players the owners management...I think they just coach these guys to be dirty and anything to try to get a W...

I'm sure that every team is taught the "Tricks of the trade" so to speak but i think this is just over the top today...Guys just throwing hay makers at refs players anyone who is around on the field and the coach doesn't seem mad about it just mad that his style is being exposed.

I dont know there are players who are known to be "dirty" but this is just over the top and i think they need to be fined as a team or lose players the next time this happens...

Brandon Jacobs is another guy from another team who i think just doesnt give a fcuk. He just swings almost every play he is in the game at someone and thats not what this game is about. I played for a long time and its one thing to play whistle to whistle and do anything you can to make a play but this is just shiet ball. It's not hockey its football and watch it because guys get to smash into each other and knock each other out at full speed not box.

Sorry I was just sick and tired of it and had to vent to other people than my Weekend crew of buddies but guys who actually are passionate about the game and the team they follow...Thanks for listening fellas.

Oh by the way ...Good WIN today also..lol.:D

You do realize where you are right?

Schwartz is a jackass.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=southside;4264492]You do realize where you are right?[/QUOTE]

I just needed to type it out.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;4264493]Schwartz is a jackass.[/QUOTE]

I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!

[IMG]http://www.dvd.net.au/movies/s/05627-4.jpg[/IMG]

[QUOTE=crossfire;4264508]I see your Schwartz is as big as mine!

[IMG]http://www.dvd.net.au/movies/s/05627-4.jpg[/IMG][/QUOTE]

I can't look at that picture without thinking of Stokes. LMAO!

Veteran
    [QUOTE=southside;4264509]I can't look at that picture without thinking of Stokes. LMAO![/QUOTE]

Fantastic flick

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;4264488]Sorry I started a thread about this but it makes me so mad about this team that they continuously keep playing like trash buckets...I just have to vent about this because I think this is a reflection of not only the young players but the coach instilling this into them.

Jim Schwartz is a good coach but i think he is the one coaching these guys to play dirty. It's not just suh its the coach the players the owners management...I think they just coach these guys to be dirty and anything to try to get a W...

I'm sure that every team is taught the "Tricks of the trade" so to speak but i think this is just over the top today...Guys just throwing hay makers at refs players anyone who is around on the field and the coach doesn't seem mad about it just mad that his style is being exposed.

I dont know there are players who are known to be "dirty" but this is just over the top and i think they need to be fined as a team or lose players the next time this happens...

Brandon Jacobs is another guy from another team who i think just doesnt give a fcuk. He just swings almost every play he is in the game at someone and thats not what this game is about. I played for a long time and its one thing to play whistle to whistle and do anything you can to make a play but this is just shiet ball. It's not hockey its football and watch it because guys get to smash into each other and knock each other out at full speed not box.

Sorry I was just sick and tired of it and had to vent to other people than my Weekend crew of buddies but guys who actually are passionate about the game and the team they follow...Thanks for listening fellas.

Oh by the way ...Good WIN today also..lol.:D[/QUOTE]

Shanahan's Broncos
    Fisher's Titans
    Schwartz's Lions
    Etc, etc.

There will always be a couple of teams in the league that play this way.

Jets Insider VIP
    Why do we give a crap about the Lions....in the Hampur no less? :huh:

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4264592]Shanahan's Broncos
    Fisher's Titans
    Schwartz's Lions
    Etc, etc.

There will always be a couple of teams in the league that play this way.[/QUOTE]

Lol, not attacking, just making an observation.

You being a patriots fan, think that Shanahan's Broncos were guilty of "playing dirty". Ironic that Shanahan's broncos were the only team that consistently gave the Patriots a problem before the Pats were caught camera-handed. Also funny, considering this was the same era in which patriots defenders were practically mauling opposing receivers, prompting the "illegal contact" rule.

FTR: I never saw that out of Shanahan's Broncos. I always saw a very well coached team. The only time I thought they were playing outside the realm of sportsmanship was when they would fake injuries during opponent's no huddles. But that's not the same as "playing dirty".

[QUOTE=southside;4264509]I can't look at that picture without thinking of Stokes. LMAO![/QUOTE]

did he show you his schwartz?? :dunno:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=BigJet85;4264488]Sorry I started a thread about this but it makes me so mad about this team that they continuously keep playing like trash buckets...I just have to vent about this because I think this is a reflection of not only the young players but the coach instilling this into them.

Oh by the way ...Good WIN today also..lol.:D[/QUOTE]

I bet you never saw the Raiders of the 60s and 70s play. :eek:

All League
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4264716]FTR: I never saw that out of Shanahan's Broncos. I always saw a very well coached team. The only time I thought they were playing outside the realm of sportsmanship was when they would fake injuries during opponent's no huddles. But that's not the same as "playing dirty".[/QUOTE]

Bill Romanowski makes most people's list of all time dirtiest players.
    Last edited by BushyTheBeaver; 12-05-2011 at 11:26 AM.

[QUOTE=BushyTheBeaver;4264865]Bill Romanowski.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, you're right. Although it's gotta be noted that Bill Romanowski was...well...Bill Romanowski.

I don't think he should be held in indictment of Shanahan's tenure with the Broncos.

All League
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4264879]Hmm, you're right. Although it's gotta be noted that Bill Romanowski was...well...Bill Romanowski.

I don't think he should be held in indictment of Shanahan's tenure with the Broncos.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Romo was going to be trouble no matter where he played.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=greenwichjetfan;4264716]Lol, not attacking, just making an observation.

You being a patriots fan, think that Shanahan's Broncos were guilty of "playing dirty". Ironic that Shanahan's broncos were the only team that consistently gave the Patriots a problem before the Pats were caught camera-handed. Also funny, considering this was the same era in which patriots defenders were practically mauling opposing receivers, prompting the "illegal contact" rule.

FTR: I never saw that out of Shanahan's Broncos. I always saw a very well coached team. The only time I thought they were playing outside the realm of sportsmanship was when they would fake injuries during opponent's no huddles. But that's not the same as "playing dirty".[/QUOTE]

Bronco lineman were famous for chop blocks to defensive players. They
    were so proud of it that they used to boast about it.

Can't stay away from your Pats hating binky huh? :rolleyes: :D

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4264592]Shanahan's Broncos
    Fisher's Titans
    Schwartz's Lions
    Etc, etc.

There will always be a couple of teams in the league that play this way.[/QUOTE]

Schwartz was also prominently involved with that Titans group.

[QUOTE=The Boston Patriot;4265198]Bronco lineman were famous for chop blocks to defensive players. They
    were so proud of it that they used to boast about it.

[B]Can't stay away from your Pats hating binky huh?[/B] :rolleyes: :D[/QUOTE]

Not on a jets messageboard, no ;)