Thread: Self defense is now sexual harassment?

All Pro

Self defense is now sexual harassment?

Self defense is now sexual harassment?
    Today's absurd news story comes from a Boston elementary school, where a kick to the testicles in self defense is considered "inappropriate touching". Only in the public school system could anyone be serious about this.

=====================================
    [url]http://boston.cbslocal.com/2011/12/02/7-year-old-accused-of-possible-sexual-harassment-for-kicking-boy-in-groin/[/url]

Boston Public Schools sent home a letter detailing the accusations.
    Filed Under

BOSTON (CBS) – A 7-year-old boy is being investigated by his South Boston elementary school for possible sexual harassment after kicking another boy in the crotch.

The first grader’s mother, Tasha Lynch, says she was shocked by the school’s decision.

“He’s 7 years old. He doesn’t know anything about sexual harassment,” she said.

Lynch’s son, Mark Curran, said the boy that he kicked had been bullying him on the school bus ride home from Tynan Elementary last week.

“He just all of a sudden came up to him, choked him. He wanted to take his gloves, and my son said, ‘I couldn’t breathe, so I kicked him in the testicles,’” said his mother.

Lynch described a phone call she received from the school explaining that the case will be treated like sexual harassment, due to what it considers inappropriate touching.

“‘Your son kicked a little boy in the testicles. We call that sexual harassment,’” Lynch said the school told her.

She said she’s been asked to attend a disciplinary hearing at the school Monday.

A Boston Public Schools spokesperson said officials are investigating, but won’t comment further, since it’s a private matter.

Lynch wants an apology and better supervision on the school bus to prevent such fights among students.

“He couldn’t breathe. He was trying to defend himself,” she said. “I don’t find that sexual harassment. I find that defending himself.”

Odd that the 7-year old apparently used the word "testicles" when describing the incident.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJl3ZAg6mj0&feature=related[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=AFCEastFan;4264948]Odd that the 7-year old apparently used the word "testicles" when describing the incident.[/QUOTE]

Fair point....multi-syllable words are a rarity for children - as well as adults - in Boston.

[QUOTE=crasherino;4265229]Fair point....multi-syllable words are a rarity for children - as well as adults - in Boston.[/QUOTE]

Me had to look word up.

[QUOTE=AFCEastFan;4265239]Me had to look word up.[/QUOTE]

Hehe.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

[QUOTE=crasherino;4265229]Fair point....multi-syllable words are a rarity for children - as well as adults - in Boston.[/QUOTE]

In Boston, yell testigles, get candy. All the kids know it.

-

Hall Of Fame
    I blame the liberals and I am one of them. Turning this country into a land of marshmallows.

First trying to charge bullies with murder and now crap like this.

Let kids be kids. And FORCE parents to be parents.

Jets Insider VIP
    I wonder if the boy that kicked in the testicles was named Kelly?