Thread: Real-life Breaking Bad

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Real-life Breaking Bad

College math professor, 74, at Boston University charged with running meth lab in home at Slumerville . . . I mean Somerville, MA

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/college-professor-74-charged-running-meth-lab-irina-kristy-charged-29-year-old-son-article-1.987235[/url]

[QUOTE]A college professor has been arrested for distributing methamphetamine out of her home.

Irina Kristy, a 74-year-old calculus instructor who taught at two Boston universities, has been charged with running a meth lab out of her Somerville, Mass., home, reports the Boston Globe.
    [IMG]http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.987234.1323182229!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/index_90/image.jpg[/IMG]
    She and her 29-year-old son, Grigory Genkin, will face charges of “distribution of meth, conspiracy to violate the drug law, and drug violation in a school zone” on Dec. 21.

Genkin has pleaded not guilty to the charges and was released on $1,000 bond.

Authorities had been watching the mother and son since 2010 before raiding the home on Nov. 7.

Local, state and federal officers searched Kristy’s home and found “a large amount of materials believed to be hazardous,” according to a statement issued by the Somerville police last month.

Police found empty boxes of pseudoephedrine, a key ingredient in meth-making, as well solvents and chemicals.

“Due to the amount of materials and contraband located and seized ... it is believed that ... Kristy was complicit in the methamphetamine operation,” Somerville Detective Michael Brown reported, according to ABC News.

Items believed to be dangerous were detonated by the State Police bomb squad.

For nearly three decades, Kristy taught math at Boston University and held an adjunct position at Suffolk University, spokespersons for the universities told the Globe.

A student who took her calculus classes at Boston University often complained about her “thick accent” but pronounced her an “easy grader,” according to comments left on RateMyProfessor.com.

Kristy remains a full-time instructor at Boston University but has been placed on administrative leave from Suffolk University.

Kristy and her husband had reportedly emigrated to the U.S. from Moscow in 1985.
    [/QUOTE]

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    It all adds up, when you do the meth.

I mean Math.

:scratch:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4266316]It all adds up, when you do the meth.

I mean Math.

:scratch:[/QUOTE]

it's clearly a language problem.

Mr. and Mrs. Kristy, fresh off the boat from Russia in 1985.

Immigration officer: "Welcome to America. Please tell me, what did you do in Russia?"

Mr. and Mrs. Kristy look at each other, wife nods, Mr. Kristy replies: "We do meth."

Immigration officer: "Great! From this day on, you will be math teachers."

mystery solved :cool:

:couldvebeenacop:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..family dog was a 'Meth Lab'...

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^
    ^
    LOLs

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    My cousin did 11yrs from 'manufacturing class Y substances' and I learned plenty from that. Back in the 90's, every third hillbilly you met was a chemist. My wires half brother has the IQ of a 10 year old but he can tell you four detailed and difficult recipes for 'go-fast'. It truly is an epidemic.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;4266428]My cousin did 11yrs from 'manufacturing class Y substances' and I learned plenty from that. Back in the 90's, every third hillbilly you met was a chemist. My wires half brother has the IQ of a 10 year old but he can tell you four detailed and difficult recipes for 'go-fast'. It truly is an epidemic.[/QUOTE]

I have a magnetic stirring bar combination hotplate for sale if they're interested.