Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LSU safety Tyrann Matheu.

As usual, he will slide because of "size concerns", but he will be a hell of a safety in the NFL

Rex would have a field day with him because our DB's move around all over the field and Matheiu can do it all

If he goes anywhere outside the top 10, I would trade up for him in a heartbeat, he's that damn good

Playmaking ability is off the charts

Won't be available to draft until the 2013 draft btw......Need to be a redshirt sophomore or true junior

Hmm, I'm gonna just be honest. He looks like a great college player who won't be a right fit for the NFL. He seems more like a guy with NFL safety skills playing in a nickle/corner's body. As great as he looks, I get it, I'll be surprised if he's a first round pick...jmo.
    Last edited by HessStation; 12-07-2011 at 07:28 AM.

i dont understand why a safety has to be 6 feet tall. What is the benefit of being tall at the safety position? If you can play and hit it doesn't matter.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Newb View Post
    HONEY BAGDER DONT CARE lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wH...yer_embedded#!

Quote Originally Posted by bitonti View Post
    i dont understand why a safety has to be 6 feet tall. What is the benefit of being tall at the safety position? If you can play and hit it doesn't matter.
    That 6'6" behemoth looking down at us from the top of the standings is a big reason

I would've loved Earl Thomas, another smallish safety back in 2010, but he's still 2-3 inches taller than Mathieu

In our division, we need a bigger safety with at least some coverage ability on TEs

Quote Originally Posted by Rexipus Rex View Post
    In our division, we need a bigger safety with at least some coverage ability on TEs
    can any1 name a safety that has shut down gronk? i don't think that person exists.

All Pro
    Forcing fumbles and everything is great but Peanut Tillman does that aswell. His size will hurt him when big rushers come downhill against him. In the end size does matter in the big leagues. Ask Bob Sanders, he was bigger, great player but had a short career. I think the whole tweener thing will work against him aswell.

He is an electric player but being a top three or even top ten choice is a little far fetched for me.

No love for Morris Claiborne? Seriously?

can any1 name a safety that has shut down gronk? i don't think that person exists.
    Haha true.

Even so, bigger TEs give our team fits.

At least with a new, bigger Safety you have more versatility -- he can line up on a TE at the LOS and jam him or you can play him off the line or blitz or w/e. Seems like a smaller safety is more limited in where you line him up and might not be as helpful in challenging deep passes down the sideline.

I can live with a below 6' safety easy, but it's a bit much when he is in that 5'8" range. Just my opinion

troy polamalu

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Not in our range and no need for CB.

Hall Of Fame
    Looks great in college. I don't think he is much of a tackler and that is a deal breaker.

Quote Originally Posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
    Matt Elam is a punk. Go Noles!