Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Son Wants Santa To Take Him To The Winter Classic In Philly - Bad Idea?

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=GMCJETS;4267624]Be on the lookout for this guy :eek:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RswBa2qel2I[/url][/QUOTE]

It's as if this video was from an alternate universe in which 2Pac was still alive.

[QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4267910]It's as if this video was from an alternate universe in which 2Pac was still alive.[/QUOTE]

That guy his family and anyone associated with him should be really ashamed.

All Pro
    Whats so classic about this game? Cause it is outdoors? Yippee!

...anytime ur sopne wants to do anything with you the answer is always yes,yes,yes...can't believe i'm backing stokes backing sar on this one...

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4267185]Aren't you Jewish?

[/QUOTE]

Santa's Jewish.

He was a carpenter and a rabbi before being resurrected as the Easter Bunny and donning the suit. They spent a day going over the New Testament in Hebrew School, I'm good.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4267589]

He's just a kid that wants to go see an outdoor hockey game.

Can't believe I'm backing SAR on this one.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you, and I think that's the answer right there.

In the spirit of the holidays, I have a present for you, an alternate version of The Achtung Baby by The U2 that you need to own. PM me.

SAR I

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP

[QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4267851]I would do anything to take my 10 year old anywhere.

Because he's 20 now. :(

not a bad thing. :)[/QUOTE]

It never ends, huh? Just seeing my big one (who's 4.5 now) act like a big shot and not wanting to give me hugs makes me cherish everytime my little guy gives me the running hug when I walk through the door.

I need to find a way to keep those moments....besides having another one, which I'm currently having to fend off my wife about. ;)

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=crasherino;4268204]It never ends, huh? Just seeing my big one (who's 4.5 now) act like a big shot and not wanting to give me hugs makes me cherish everytime my little guy gives me the running hug when I walk through the door.

I need to find a way to keep those moments....[B]besides having another one, which I'm currently having to fend off my wife about.[/B] ;)[/QUOTE]
    Your Force will be tested in ways men cannot foresee.

[SIZE=1]Unless you can monitor her birth control efforts.[/SIZE] :yes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;4267851]I would do anything to take my 10 year old anywhere.

+10000000 where does the time go. I ki9ss my 7 and 4 year olds. They are both out of college now.:mad:

SAR...TAKE HIM!

All Pro
    It's the Kenmore Winter Classic & its official car is BMW, how can you not

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

I'm not a huge fan of hockey, but I am a fan of the Winter Classic.

Def. do it.

Bringing my boy down to DC for the Army/Navy game on Fri.

Been to the last few in Philly on my own... and I'm really looking forward to him seeing the spectacle.

-

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;4267919]Whats so classic about this game? Cause it is outdoors? Yippee![/QUOTE]

They call it "Classic" because they need a marketing name for it.

In 30 years it WILL be a "classic".

They could call it the "pickle" but who really cares what they call it?

It's a live outdoor hockey game.

Have we become that jaded that a really cool outdoor hockey game is something to be degraded?

How about the Michigan-Mich State game played outside at The Big House in front of 75,000 people a decade ago?

Did that suck?

Was it something to be degraded?

WTF is wrong with you a-holes?

_

All League
    [QUOTE=JStokes;4268605]They call it "Classic" because they need a marketing name for it.

In 30 years it WILL be a "classic".

They could call it the "pickle" but who really cares what they call it?

It's a live outdoor hockey game.

Have we become that jaded that a really cool outdoor hockey game is something to be degraded?

How about the Michigan-Mich State game played outside at The Big House in front of 75,000 people a decade ago?

Did that suck?

Was it something to be degraded?

WTF is wrong with you a-holes?

_[/QUOTE]

What kind of generator should I bring?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;4268612]What kind of generator should I bring?[/QUOTE]

Wrong dooshbag.

I'm the short one.

_

[QUOTE=JStokes;4268626]Wrong dooshbag.

I'm the short one.

_[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.jetsinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=235584&highlight=personal+attacks[/url]

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

The Winter Classic strikes me as one of the sporting events that you really are better off watching on television.

If you go, it's not to watch a hockey game. Between the sightline angles, the distance, will you actually be able to see the puck?

Plus you're going to Philly - so you add travel and being a target in enemy territory.

Then there's the weather...

I think you're nuts to go.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Traitor Jay & the Woodies;4267910]It's as if this video was from an alternate universe in which 2Pac was still alive.[/QUOTE]

That dude is funny. Holy bejesus I bout peed.

Anyway, anyone taking their kid to Philly to root for the visiting team, be warned. Your child needs to be prepared for words of curse and flying debris. All of which can be practiced for in the backyard, but do it when the neighbors aren't home. They see your boy run for the shed while you throw food at him while swearing and dhs will be knockin' down the door.
    Sometimes a good time is all about preperation.:yes:

Geez, I relate to that. My oldest boy about to be 22. Taking him to Jets games since he was 7. Same for my younger son, but he's just not as into it as my older boy was/is.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

It would be cool of they played these games in a soccer stadium. Soccer-specific stadiums are becoming commonplace now, and the seating is set up in a way that would provide for better sight lines -- less people closer to the action. If they put the rink in the middle of the pitch they could even put temporary seating around the rink. There's a beautiful new soccer stadium right by Philly too for their MLS team.

Bewildered Beast
    [QUOTE=Bonhomme Richard;4269124]It would be cool of they played these games in a soccer stadium. Soccer-specific stadiums are becoming commonplace now, and the seating is set up in a way that would provide for better sight lines -- less people closer to the action. If they put the rink in the middle of the pitch they could even put temporary seating around the rink. There's a beautiful new soccer stadium right by Philly too for their MLS team.[/QUOTE]

I live near the Niner's stadium; it is likely they are leaving. The developer has shown designs of a gorgeous multi-sport stadium; and it sounds a very similar to this.