Page 11 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 644

Thread: ***Official '11-'12 New York Knicks Thread***

  1. #201
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    JR Smith is a nice piece. He can shoot, hopefully he fits in well... And obviously he has some chemistry with Anthony.
    With the demise of Toney Douglas, Shumpert was the only bona fide scorer on the bench. The Knicks really need JR.

    Also, GAME BACK ON TWC!!!!!!

  2. #202
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    With the demise of Toney Douglas, Shumpert was the only bona fide scorer on the bench. The Knicks really need JR.

    Also, GAME BACK ON TWC!!!!!!
    Novak, if open, can "knock it down"!

  3. #203
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Novak, if open, can "knock it down"!
    True. But he's not someone you would consider a scorer for the second unit.

  4. #204
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Jerseystrong
    Posts
    18,583
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    With the demise of Toney Douglas, Shumpert was the only bona fide scorer on the bench. The Knicks really need JR.

    Also, GAME BACK ON TWC!!!!!!
    Sweet!

  5. #205
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Novak, if open, can "knock it down"!
    Me and my BIG mouth....Novak, was bricking them last night..His worst game this season...

  6. #206
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    JR Smith is not a good signing...

  7. #207
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    JR Smith is a nice piece. He can shoot, hopefully he fits in well... And obviously he has some chemistry with Anthony.
    The Knicks got exposed last night for having a lack of finishers in their current rotation. Too much dishing and not enough swishing as Walt Clyde Frazier said.

    Smith and Anthony will help with this. I wonder who's going to be cut out of the rotation once they come in. Shumpert? No way his defense is too good. Fields? Again no way. Jeffries? Has too much chemistry with Lin to not be in the rotation. Walker is definitely out.

  8. #208
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Me and my BIG mouth....Novak, was bricking them last night..His worst game this season...
    Novak's problem is that he can't create his own shot. He has to be set up perfectly and if he's not hitting his shots he becomes a liability to the offense. This is why the Knicks need Carmelo back.

  9. #209
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    JR Smith is not a good signing...
    Smith is a diva. I really hope he finds a way to fit in.

  10. #210
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully this ends the silly talk that Knicks dont need Melo or how hell negaitively impact team. Melo coukdnt bailed this team out last night because he woulfnt have missed all those shots that Fields and Walker missed.

    LOL, Cmart. Novak is a bench player for a reason. If he could consistently hit the 3 hed be starting somewhere.

    Smith is a diva, but like I said, the Knicks need bench scoring. Also, they need a contingency plan if Fields has another collapse. Heck, Fields hasnt played well tjis season to begin with.

  11. #211
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Hopefully this ends the silly talk that Knicks dont need Melo or how hell negaitively impact team. Melo coukdnt bailed this team out last night because he woulfnt have missed all those shots that Fields and Walker missed.

    LOL, Cmart. Novak is a bench player for a reason. If he could consistently hit the 3 hed be starting somewhere.

    Smith is a diva, but like I said, the Knicks need bench scoring. Also, they need a contingency plan if Fields has another collapse. Heck, Fields hasnt played well tjis season to begin with.
    But I never said Novak was a starter...He was playing well off the bench the past 2 weeks until last night..

  12. #212
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    22,105
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    But I never said Novak was a starter...He was playing well off the bench the past 2 weeks until last night..
    I know you didn't. That was just a general comment on my part. I LOL'd at your post "big mouth" post.

    Novak played well the past 2 weeks and a stinker was expected. That's why he's a journeyman bench player.

  13. #213
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    636
    Post Thanks / Like
    Novak is one of the better shooters in the league, the problem is that's all he does because he can't create for himself. He suddenly looks good with Lin because he gets him the ball in the right spot.

    Davis and JR smith should play tomorrow, Lin is going to have an awful tough time with Marion.

  14. #214
    All League
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Groton
    Posts
    2,843
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    Me and my BIG mouth....Novak, was bricking them last night..His worst game this season...
    He made up for it this afternoon. Huuuuuuuuuuge 3's

  15. #215
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great rebound game beating the world champs today. Linning!

  16. #216
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    22,809
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Novak is one of the better shooters in the league, the problem is that's all he does because he can't create for himself. He suddenly looks good with Lin because he gets him the ball in the right spot.

    Davis and JR smith should play tomorrow, Lin is going to have an awful tough time with Marion.
    No denying the impact Jeremy Lin has had on NY Knicks teammates, most notably Steve Novak, Jared Jeffries


  17. #217
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
    Novak is one of the better shooters in the league, the problem is that's all he does because he can't create for himself. He suddenly looks good with Lin because he gets him the ball in the right spot.

    Davis and JR smith should play tomorrow, Lin is going to have an awful tough time with Marion.
    Hubert Davis 2.0

  18. #218
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Electric Avenue
    Posts
    25,945
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    No denying the impact Jeremy Lin has had on NY Knicks teammates, most notably Steve Novak, Jared Jeffries


    I would have loved to hear what Jason Kidd said in Lin's ear as he was congratulating him.

  19. #219
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,790
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordy View Post
    I would have loved to hear what Jason Kidd said in Lin's ear as he was congratulating him.
    "Don't beat your wife"

  20. #220
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Upper East Side
    Posts
    6,763
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was at the Garden yesterday and it was absolutely electric. Teams are double teaming Lin on the perimeter but he's still been great 28 and 14 yesterday... Awesome. Novak was also an assassin yesterday. We need to keep the momentum going -- with three games (including @ Miami) before the break, I'd like to see at least two more wins.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us