Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official '11-'12 New York Knicks Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysGreenAlwaysWhite View Post
    DefenseWinsChampionships...

All Pro
    def excited we could land Chandler...I wanted him to be a knick since the end of last season but I thought it was a pipe dream...

How do you guys feel about signing Grant Hill?

edit: Grant Hill signed with the Suns.....
    Last edited by carlito1171; 12-09-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Dwight Howard going to the Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by carlito1171 View Post
    def excited we could land Chandler...I wanted him to be a knick since the end of last season but I thought it was a pipe dream...

How do you guys feel about signing Grant Hill?

edit: Grant Hill signed with the Suns.....
    I wanted Hill but only at a 1 yr deal. Chandler is younger and a post defender and shot blocker - something the Knicks haven't had since Layden gave away Marcus Camby in 2002.

Dwight Howard probably going to the Nets.

Quote Originally Posted by TerminatorJet View Post
    Dwight Howard probably going to the Nets.
    i don't see any big trades being made any time soon after that David Stern cluster****.

and David Aldridge is reporting that the Magic may file tampering charges against two teams for contacting Howard before the "official" start of free agency.

D-12 will be with the Magic for a little while longer, f*** the Nyets

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...tacting_Dwight

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirtstar View Post
    i don't see any big trades being made any time soon after that David Stern cluster****.

and David Aldridge is reporting that the Magic may file tampering charges against two teams for contacting Howard before the "official" start of free agency.

D-12 will be with the Magic for a little while longer, f*** the Nyets

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...tacting_Dwight
    Nets now have permission to talk to D12's agent.....along with 2 other teams

well the Knicks signed Mike Bibby to a 1 year deal

they are also after J.J Berea.
    Last edited by k.Rhodes25; 12-10-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    well the Knicks signed Mike Bibby to a 1 year deal

they are also after J.J Berea.
    JJ Berea would be nice to have, also on the verge of signing rookie 7 footer Jerome Jordan as our backup Center to Tyson Chandler.

Gonna be a fun season of Knicks ball.

The Knicks are zeroing in on Jamal Crawford and trying to add the veteran shooting guard through a sign-and-trade, according to sources close to the situation.

The Knicks contacted Crawford’s camp on Friday and are trying to sell him on the situation. Crawford would have to take a significant pay cut to join the Knicks, but sources say he’s open to the idea.
    http://www.hoopsworld.com/new-york-k...amal-crawford/

Looks like Berea is going to the T-Wolves. What do you guys think of Delonte West as a PG option? I think he is still available.

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    Looks like Berea is going to the T-Wolves. What do you guys think of Delonte West as a PG option? I think he is still available.
    Id rather see the Knicks keep his herpes out of our locker room. Could you imagine if Delonte West went and slept with the mother of either Stoudemire, Carmelo or Chandler? Lets pass on West, hes not a very good teammate ala having sex with LeBron James mother.

Quote Originally Posted by CTJetsFanII View Post
    I heard Baron Davis wants to join the Knicks if he gets amnesty, so whenever that happens he probably ends up with the Knicks.

Also after it looked like the Knicks were out with Jamal Crawford they are back after him today, they met with him.

I heard Baron Davis wants to join the Knicks if he gets amnesty, so whenever that happens he probably ends up with the Knicks.

Also after it looked like the Knicks were out with Jamal Crawford they are back after him today, they met with him.
    Definitely hope they land either Crawford or Davis. Bibby is pretty much useless.

Quote Originally Posted by NY-Jets View Post
    Id rather see the Knicks keep his herpes out of our locker room. Could you imagine if Delonte West went and slept with the mother of either Stoudemire, Carmelo or Chandler? Lets pass on West, hes not a very good teammate ala having sex with LeBron James mother.
    Was that ever reported to be true or just an internet rumor?

please keep Crawford the hell away from this team.

he's past his prime, and he was never good to begin with.

inconsistent, plays no D, doesn't rebound, doesn't get to the line, never saw a 3-pointer he didn't like, and is only effective when he's the primary ball-handler. that would never work on a team with Melo and Amare as options 1-A and 1-B.

Jets Insider VIP
    Baron Davis committed to playing for the Knicks.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...al-sources-say

With the NFL season coming to a close hope the Knicks are up for a big season. People say Baron Davis is done but he still does good with assist. I feel like we are fine at guard now.

PG-Baron Davis, Toney Douglas, Mike Bibby
    SG-Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert
    SF-Carmelo Anthony, Landry Fields
    PF-Amare Stoudemire, Ronaldo Balkman, Josh Harrellson
    C-Tyson Chandler, Jeff Jeffries, Jerome Jordan

Would like to sign James Posey if possible.

I could see Shumpert unseating Fields to become the starting guard.

With the NFL season coming to a close hope the Knicks are up for a big season. People say Baron Davis is done but he still does good with assist. I feel like we are fine at guard now.

PG-Baron Davis, Toney Douglas, Mike Bibby
    SG-Landry Fields, Iman Shumpert
    SF-Carmelo Anthony, Bill Walker, Ronaldo Balkman
    PF-Amare Stoudemire, Josh Harrellson
    C-Tyson Chandler, Jared Jeffries, Jerome Jordan

Would like to sign James Posey if possible.

I could see Shumpert unseating Fields to become the starting guard.
    Sucks that Shawne Williams decided to sign with the Nets. He was a nice, versatile player off the bench and likely would have been our best bench player for the front court. Harrelson and Jordan are big bodies and could potentially be serviceable, but they're both unknowns right now. I don't hate Bill Walker, he's pretty athletic and can shoot. Not a bad bench option. I can't stand Jared Jeffries, but it still looks as if he'll see significant minutes. Balkman is god awful, I hope he never sees the floor.

As far Baron, definitely a much needed signing and he's still a real quality player when healthy. In terms of his back injury, it sounds as if the reports of his condition pre-amnesty were a bit exaggerated. Reports prior to the amnesty were that it would keep him out 8-10 weeks, but now it's sounding like it's going to be more like 4 weeks, maybe 6 at the max. A healthy Baron with the weapons already in place in the frontcourt could be a very good fit. He's going to get to operate in one-on-one situations at all times and he'll thrive in that. I think Bibby will also see minimal minutes, which is good, because I don't think he really has anything left in the tank.
    Last edited by DevsJetsYanks88; 12-19-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Im loving this offseason. Landed a true defensive center in Tyson Chandler, a top 3-5 defensive center. Drafted what looks to be a future NBA star in Iman Shumpert, whos by far the most athletically gifted talent coming out of this years draft class and just landed a 32 year old Baron Davis whos a pure PG. Once Baron Davis returns to full health, our team will become impossible to stop.

MDA said on Shumpert, that hes going to be a multi-purpose player. He stated that he might become a starting point, he might become a starting two. He said he thinks it will depend on his teammates more than what he does. He said Shumpert will be good at either position. Also made it known that Shumpert has a pretty high ceiling.

Baron Davis said he chose the Knicks over Heat and Lakers because of frontline, playing in MSG, and MDAs offensive system. Said that people may know him mainly as a scorer, but says he is just as good of a passer. Also stated that hes never played with this much talent on one team.

From Hollinger

Its true. Davis had the most valuable assists in the league last season, and it wasnt even close. Among players with at least 300 assists, Davis average assist was worth .841 points, well ahead of the league average of .667. And lets you think that was all from having Blake Griffin and DeAndre Jordan slamming down dunks, consider that Davis assist value didnt change at all after the trade to Cleveland. More than half of Davis assists were layups or dunks, according to Hoopdata.com, compared to the league average of 38 percent; conversely, only 26.3 percent of his dimes were bad assists that led to 2-pointers away from the basket.