Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: ***Official '11-'12 New York Knicks Thread***

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traitor Jay & the Woodies View Post
    Not to rain on the parade but.... The Knicks hit NINETEEN 3-pointers.

NINETEEN.

And only won by 8 points.

I have to temper my enthusiasm about last night's win. The game was far closer than it should have been.
    The Celtics themselves were shooting high percentage - Pierce dropped 43. Anytime you face an excellent defensive team like the Celtics you have to shoot high percentage in order to beat them unless you have a great inside post up player.

The only thing I'm sorta concerned about is that the Knicks are probably going to finish with the 7th seed instead of 6th or 8th. They'd have a realistic shot of beating the Pacers in rd 1 and I think they'd have a little bit better chance than most are giving them of upsetting the Bulls in a 7 game series but the Heat are too good.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

NINETEEN.

I have to temper my enthusiasm about last night's win. The game was far closer than it should have been.
    The majority of those 3s happend in the 2nd Q AFTER the Knicks had already built a 6 pt 1st Q lead.

The Knicks won by 8 because they played to protect the lead in the 2nd half. They were outscored 57-46 after building a 19 pt lead. It's like building a big lead in football and trying to run out the clock in second half.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

NINETEEN.

There's validity to this, but the Knicks were also in cruise control for much of the second half. Mike Bibby played way more than he ever would in a competitive game.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detjetsfan View Post
    The Celtics themselves were shooting high percentage - Pierce dropped 43. Anytime you face an excellent defensive team like the Celtics you have to shoot high percentage in order to beat them unless you have a great inside post up player.

The only thing I'm sorta concerned about is that the Knicks are probably going to finish with the 7th seed instead of 6th or 8th. They'd have a realistic shot of beating the Pacers in rd 1 and I think they'd have a little bit better chance than most are giving them of upsetting the Bulls in a 7 game series but the Heat are too good.
    Yeah, the Heat are the worst matchup for the Knicks right now because of the talent disparity. Even when the Heat are playing poorly, LeBron and Wade together will always overcome Melo.

The Knicks have too many no-shows in their rotation now with supporting cast in order to beat a team like the Heat. Having a healthy productive Amare is a must.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love how Evan Roberts on WFAN pretends to be this die-hard New Jersey Nets fan. Really? One of the actual 3 Nets fans in existence just happens to have a radio show on WFAN? Gimme a break he's just a typical New York baseball-head who grew up hating the NBA and hating NY's local NBA representation the Knicks who stunk for most of his life so he decides to be a contrarian and pretend to root and care for the Nets.

I love how in basketball and hockey the two teams this clown supposedly roots for are the Nets and Islanders the two most obscure teams in the NY/NJ area. In reality he's more concerned with the Mets' backup catcher situation than with whether the Nets get Anthony Davis in this year's draft.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought last nights game was going to be a trap game for sure. Nice to see them take care of business.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    I thought last nights game was going to be a trap game for sure. Nice to see them take care of business.
    What's amazing is how many of these trap games we have lost. The Bobcats, the Nets at home and many others. If we could just take care of business against the absolute worst teams, we would have a shot at a 4 or 5 seed...

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    What's amazing is how many of these trap games we have lost. The Bobcats, the Nets at home and many others. If we could just take care of business against the absolute worst teams, we would have a shot at a 4 or 5 seed...
    There is still the miracle possibilty of the six seed. We just need the Magic to collapse without Howard and we need to win out.

But yeah, looking back on losses to teams like the Hornets and Bobcats is very frustrating when you're 3 games out of a much better seed.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to the game at the Prudential Center last night. What a bizarre experience. It wasn't like a Knicks home game. It was a Knicks home game.

I'm sure it wasn't this bad before the Nets announced the move to Brooklyn, but it was like the Last Days of Saigon in Newark. I think I saw Derron Williams on the roof waiting for the helicopters...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL, Traitor

Yeah, Frank & Austin, those early brutal losses to crappy teams screwed the Knicks out of a higher seed. But they still have a chance at 6 because they own the tiebreaker against Orlando.

BTW, the Bucks are the opposite of the Knicks. Going into the last Knicks-Bucks game, the Bucks were 9-25 against winning teams, but 2 of those victories were against the Knicks. So the Bucks are in this playoff race because all they did was beat up on bad teams.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Looking at stats, Tyson is better in essentially every statistical category this year than he was with the Mavs and he's close to career highs in most of them.

That, and considering his inclusion in DPOY discussion, he is probably the best FA signing the Knicks have had in memory.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I went to the game at the Prudential Center last night. What a bizarre experience. It wasn't like a Knicks home game. It was a Knicks home game.

I'm sure it wasn't this bad before the Nets announced the move to Brooklyn, but it was like the Last Days of Saigon in Newark. I think I saw Derron Williams on the roof waiting for the helicopters...
    LOL, I believe it. I wanted to go last night, but couldn't fit it in my school schedule. What would you say was the split between Knicks and Nets fans? I went to a Knicks/Nets game at the Izod Center a couple years ago that was probably a 50/50 split and that was before we even got Amare, Melo, etc.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SMC View Post
    Looking at stats, Tyson is better in essentially every statistical category this year than he was with the Mavs and he's close to career highs in most of them.

That, and considering his inclusion in DPOY discussion, he is probably the best FA signing the Knicks have had in memory.
    Great point, I hadn't thought of it like that. Who could even compare in recent memory? My whole memory in the last decade is littered with the likes of Luc Longley, the first coming of Jared Jeffries, and Jerome James. Yuck.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

And to make matters even worse for the Nets they now have fat-ass, big-mouth idiot Charles Barkley going on national tv and radio saying the draft will be rigged for them to get Anthony Davis. What a c0ckblock. It's ok for Stern to rig the draft so the Bulls get Rose and the Cavs get Irving but God forbid the Nets get any love now. I hope the NBA now enjoys Davis wasting his talent in Charlotte surrounded by Michael Jordan's hand-picked trash and in front of a half empty stadium. I hate Barkley.
    Last edited by detjetsfan; 04-19-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Great point, I hadn't thought of it like that. Who could even compare in recent memory? My whole memory in the last decade is littered with the likes of Luc Longley, the first coming of Jared Jeffries, and Jerome James. Yuck.
    Yeah, the last decade has been ugly.

STAT was a great signing, but he wore down as year went on last year. It's rare for any high profile signing for any of the NY teams where the player had a career year the year after signing as has happened with Tyson.

Now, the Knicks have to draft better. Shump is a good start.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Knicks clinched 2nd consecutive playoff birth with Bucks loss based on 3rd tie breaker. Tied season series and Knicks can do no worse than tie conference record. Next tie breaker is record against Eastern Conference playoff teams and Knicks destroy Bucks on that: 10-12 vs. 6-18.*

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howard is out for the year.

Unfortunately this seems to have galvanized his teammates rather than disheartening them.

Looks like it's Knicks/Heat round one...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin View Post
    Howard is out for the year.

Unfortunately this seems to have galvanized his teammates rather than disheartening them.

Looks like it's Knicks/Heat round one...
    True BUT, the Heat are now only 1 1/2 behind the Bulls with last nights win and the Bulls have a tougher schedule down the stretch. So the Bulls might end up No. 2.

Also, I keep hearing that the Knicks, at best can end up as the 6th seed, but can't they reach the 5th as well? They're 1-1 against the Hawks, right? So if the Knicks beat them next week they'll hold the tiebreaker.

Regardless, like you said, it's likely Knicks/Heat round one.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    True BUT, the Heat are now only 1 1/2 behind the Bulls with last nights win and the Bulls have a tougher schedule down the stretch. So the Bulls might end up No. 2.

Also, I keep hearing that the Knicks, at best can end up as the 6th seed, but can't they reach the 5th as well? They're 1-1 against the Hawks, right? So if the Knicks beat them next week they'll hold the tiebreaker.

Miami probably has to win out their last 4 games which is certainly possible. Heat face the horrible Washington Wizards 2X and a mediocre Rockets team at home unfortunately they also have Celts in Boston.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Who hold the tiebreaker between the Heat and Bulls?